Books #11 Reading Chats (and 99p deals!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I usually have 3 books on the go, kindle, physical and audible.

I keep up fine usually but do try and not have 2 thrillers or 2 romance going at once.

Ive just started We Were Liars on kindle today, reading Trespasses in physical book and listening to Sorrow & Bliss so quite different genres.

Reactions: 7
I listen to non fiction and read fiction so there’s absolutely no room for confusion!

even with wildly different genres within fiction I worry I’d mentally merge the two books into one strange behemoth! So Elizabeth Bennet would be getting a good old time from Christian Gray!!!

hmmm there is almost certainly fanfiction to that effect!

(I’ve never even read or seen 50shades but for some reason it was first book to come to mind…I blame Jamie Dornan tbh 😍)

• Haha
Crap day at work but I did finish Old Baggage by Lissa Evans on my lunch. A surprisingly funny story about Mattie Simpkins, a retired Suffragette wondering what to do with life in 1928 London. It's a different take on the historical fiction genre and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely an author whose other books I'll keep an eye out for.

Random number generator picked 15 which is One True Loves by Taylor Reid Jenkins. Surprisingly kid free Friday night into Saturday and it's set to be nice and sunny. It seems like a good book to get into 👍

Reactions: 8
Has anyone read A Tale For the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki? I bought it ages ago because so many people raved about it and I finally picked it up. I'm really struggling with the bullying. I'm not triggered by many things but I can't bear bullying. Without spoiling any of the plot, can anyone tell me if it continues throughout the entire book or does it stop/does the situation change at some point? I'm about 120 pages in, just after the "funeral".

Reactions: 1
Hey all, I just found this thread and can't believe I've never seen it before! So I have two questions:

1. I'm currently on book 2 of ACOTAR and I am OBSESSED. I am so excited to finish book 2 but I know I will have soon read all the books in the series... are there going to be more? I want to google but don't want to spoil it for myself. My main question is can anyone recommend similar books that I might like?
2. I'm interested in getting Audible to listen to books while I commute to work. But this technically means I'll be "reading" two books... Does anyone else do this? I'm not sure if I'm going to confuse myself :D

Thanks!!
Hi! I also discovered ACOTAR this year and have read them all- DONT Google spoilers, whatever you do! I looked up pictures of some of the characters to see fan art and seeing them with other characters revealed relationships I didn’t know about. I wish I hadn’t spoiled it for myself! I also recommend the Reddit thread once you’ve finished reading as there’s loads of us obsessed with the books. I just finished Sarah J Maas’s first book in the throne of glass series- it’s good but I didn’t love it. I enjoyed her newer series Crescent City more although I havent read the second one yet!! I was also recommended the cruel prince series and read the first one. It’s set in a fae world but there’s not much spiciness or sexual tension and clearly I’m a massive pervert because I felt it was missing haha!!

Also yes I always have 2 books on the go- 1 normal or ebook and then 1 audiobook for the car/ gym etc.

Reactions: 2
I listen to non fiction and read fiction so there’s absolutely no room for confusion!

even with wildly different genres within fiction I worry I’d mentally merge the two books into one strange behemoth! So Elizabeth Bennet would be getting a good old time from Christian Gray!!!

hmmm there is almost certainly fanfiction to that effect!

(I’ve never even read or seen 50shades but for some reason it was first book to come to mind…I blame Jamie Dornan tbh 😍)
that’s an interesting choice because 50 shades is actually published fanfiction 🤣

i cannot read two books at a time, i have to completely devote my attention to one. if i read two i know one would get neglected.

Reactions: 3
that’s an interesting choice because 50 shades is actually published fanfiction 🤣

i cannot read two books at a time, i have to completely devote my attention to one. if i read two i know one would get neglected.
You need to have a system.

I am not normal 🤯🙈

• Haha
You need to have a system.

I am not normal 🤯🙈
no you’re IMPRESSIVE! i admire people who can juggle more than one book and wish i could - you get so much more reading done. i like how you separate them to kindle/audio/physical too.

Reactions: 6
no you’re IMPRESSIVE! i admire people who can juggle more than one book and wish i could - you get so much more reading done. i like how you separate them to kindle/audio/physical too.
So I work out what 10% of the physical book is and I read both the physical and kindle books in only 10% increments if Im reading 2 🤣🙈

So I might read 30% in one go but then I need to swap to the other.

I fear I am revealing too much about my twisted mind here.

Audio - I have no rules. I do try and listen to the end of a chapter though.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm a bit chaotic in that I will happily leave books in the middle of a paragraph hahaha.

Same with audios when I need to stop I stop regardless of whether they are mid sentence!

I always have at least 3 books on the go (1 audio, 1 kindle and 1 paperback) but currently have 5 on the go 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I'm a bit chaotic in that I will happily leave books in the middle of a paragraph hahaha.

Same with audios when I need to stop I stop regardless of whether they are mid sentence!

I always have at least 3 books on the go (1 audio, 1 kindle and 1 paperback) but currently have 5 on the go 🤣
🤯🤯🤯🤯

Are you ok?

Also I have just realised The Maid is not that Netflix adaptation but something completely different. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I do wonder sometimes hahaha

I can just easily pick and put down books. If I need to reread a sentence or two I will but I rarely need to.
See I get the fear about just dropping a book mid paragraph.

I think this is where my hatred of long chapters comes in. I can easily read for another 7 minutes but not 27.

Will I ever finish A Little Life?!? Its not looking good bruv, its not looking good. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I think this is where my hatred of long chapters comes in. I can easily read for another 7 minutes but not 27.

Will I ever finish A Little Life?!? Its not looking good bruv, its not looking good. 🙈
That’s why I don’t like long chapters either, I like to stop reading at the end of a chapter and with long ones it feels like more of a commitment. How long are the chapters in A Little Life? That’s one I was planning on starting this month but probs won’t at this rate 😂

Reactions: 5

I must admit I prefer short chapters I find I read quicker if the chapters are short.

I feel you with a little life. It was loooong but good

Reactions: 6
🚨 THE DAILY DEALS HAVE UPDATED!! 🚨
Im just about to go to bed. Ive checked several times an hour since 6am 🤣

That’s why I don’t like long chapters either, I like to stop reading at the end of a chapter and with long ones it feels like more of a commitment. How long are the chapters in A Little Life? That’s one I was planning on starting this month but probs won’t at this rate 😂
Very long yes. I really want to finish it. Im contemplating also buying it on audio to swap between.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.