Books #11 Reading Chats (and 99p deals!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just finished Wrong Place Wrong Time. I was reading it on my kindle and the last 6% is author notes so I was a lot closer to the finish than I realised.

It's was alright. No big twists that were shocking. I would give it 3/5. Not sure why it is getting such rave reviews at the moment.

@queenamber I can pop the ending in a spoiler for you?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I wasn’t overly impressed by it either tbh. It felt quite slow and repetitive to me and
I wanted a back story of Lenn and his mum that we never got, that would’ve been very interesting imo
I’ve also not thought about it since I finished it which is quite telling for me, has anyone read First Born though? That sounded good when I read the blurb
I loved First Born. I listened to it on audio. Would really recommend.

Anyone else saving their credit for the new strike book at the end of the month 💃
I still havent read the last one. I stupidly bought it in paperback and its so chunky and big I cant hold it comfortably :(

It was on a 99p kindle deal recently and kicking myself I didnt buy it.

I loved First Born. I listened to it on audio. Would really recommend.

I still havent read the last one. I stupidly bought it in paperback and its so chunky and big I cant hold it comfortably :(

It was on a 99p kindle deal recently and kicking myself I didnt buy it.
They are so good to listen to. Think I would be daunted by the book too.

Started and finished We Were Liars yesterday. A quick read and very good. Wasn't expecting the twist.

Reactions: 7
Are the daily 99p deals not showing for anyone else? Its still showing yesterday's for me but full price :(

Same 😢

I have downloaded We Were Liars (thank you @Elle!) to keep me going 😅 it’s on Unlimited.

Reactions: 4
Wait, what’s all this talk of credits?! Does Amazon give free book credit?

Reactions: 1
Hey all, I just found this thread and can't believe I've never seen it before! So I have two questions:

1. I'm currently on book 2 of ACOTAR and I am OBSESSED. I am so excited to finish book 2 but I know I will have soon read all the books in the series... are there going to be more? I want to google but don't want to spoil it for myself. My main question is can anyone recommend similar books that I might like?
2. I'm interested in getting Audible to listen to books while I commute to work. But this technically means I'll be "reading" two books... Does anyone else do this? I'm not sure if I'm going to confuse myself :D

Thanks!!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.