Books #10 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started ‘my policeman’ this morning. Heard good things about it so hopefully it holds up.

The last few ‘positive reviewed’ books i have read left me flat 🤣

I finally finished Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle. I can see why it's considered a classic, but it dragged towards the end. I would've liked 100 pages less!
this is one of my favourite books of all time! i think it’s so lovely - though i fully understand the dragging. even with my love of it i think the ending is incredibly flat.

i’ve just started the lamplighters by emma stonex and am enjoying it so far! waiting for the plot twist i know is coming though 🤣

Reactions: 2
Got my latest 'haul' in from Foyles today, will hopefully keep me busy on holiday in Florida next month (I'm extremely lucky to have this holiday I am aware but recent news has made me quite cross to be going and spending money in the States right now...but that's another issue).

Great Circle by Maggie Shipsted
Song of Achilles (I have been wanting to read this for so long!)
For The Wolf by Hannah Whitton
Snow Country by Sebastian Faulks
Silent Companion by Laura Purcell

What shall I start first! The last few seem like cosy winter reads, so might go in chronological order.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Got my latest 'haul' in from Foyles today, will hopefully keep me busy on holiday in Florida next month (I'm extremely lucky to have this holiday I am aware but recent news has made me quite cross to be going and spending money in the States right now...but that's another issue).

What shall I start first! The last few seem like cosy winter reads, so might go in chronological order.
I love the song of Achilles!!!!!! Also have great circle but haven’t read it yet

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I loved Song of Achilles (and Circe). I consider both of them summer reads - unless you want Greek escapism during the winter months. :p

I've been inspired by previous backlog posts. So I've numbered all my Kindle books and asked Mr B to choose a number between 1 and 110. He chose 25 so my next book is The Fair Botanist by Sara Sheridan. Funny thing is I've just finished reading a historical fiction book about horticulture and he's accidentally picked a book with a similar theme 🤣 Might use a number generator next time.

• Haha
  • Heart
I’ve hit a slump. I’ve been between 10% and 20% all week of the final revival of opal and nev. It’s not grabbing me at all. I’ve got loads of others I could read like sorrow and bliss, detransition baby, these violent delights, great circle, six of crows … what would you do??

Oh my, I've finally read A Man Called Ove. Loved every page, such a beautiful story and very well told.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve hit a slump. I’ve been between 10% and 20% all week of the final revival of opal and nev. It’s not grabbing me at all. I’ve got loads of others I could read like sorrow and bliss, detransition baby, these violent delights, great circle, six of crows … what would you do??
I adored Six of Crows. The characters have stuck with me for a long time after I finished the duology. And I'm someone who never reads fantasy or YA. Life's way to short to stick with something you don't enjoy.

I’ve been in a bit of a slump but have started small great things by Jodi Picoult and can already tell I’m going to love it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi..

I just read This is how we are human - based on recommendations from this thread. Thank you. It was just beautiful 💜

• Heart
I saw that Nemesis by Agatha Christie was free on prime reading, always like Agatha for an easy read so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm 40 percent through and christ alive this might be the single dullest, most tedious thing I've ever read. 120 pages of Miss Marple wandering around gardens.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I finished the Last Thing to Burn this morning, also based on this thread! What a book! It was a lot to take in, but I thought it was really well written.

Reactions: 7
I'm finally reading the No Show book now. I don't immediately love it but we'll see.

Reactions: 1
hi everyone! i've had zero time to catch up and read properly but i finally finished 'the seven husbands of evelyn hugo' and absolutely loved it 😊 i didn't expect to like it so much, i even cried to some parts especially the oscar speeches and harry dying

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am in a right slump. I haven't picked a book up for about 10 days which is unheard of for me. I have a Stephen King that I am 28 pages into, he is one of my fav authors but even that is not making me want to pick up and read. Waaah.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.