Books #10 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone finished Wrong Place Wrong Time yet? I returned it on Audible and now I'm dying to know how it ended 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Has anyone finished Wrong Place Wrong Time yet? I returned it on Audible and now I'm dying to know how it ended 🤣
Still slogging my way through 🤣 currently 79% through.

Had a tiiiiny twist in the chapter I read this morning.

I don't know why it is taking me so bloody long!!! I can normally do 350 pages in about 4 hours and this is only 395 but has taken me weeks of reading it before bed. I will get it finished in the next couple of days as I am going away tomorrow so will have more time

Reactions: 2
I've been off work ill, which isn't fun, and doing nothing but reading, which is!

August so far round up:
If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things: difficult to get into and follow due to the writing style and large cast of characters, normally the sort of thing I like but I didn't feel massively moved as I hoped I would.

Layla: gaslighting trashbag of a man presented as a romantic hero. I was so intrigued as to where this was going and it went nowhere good.

Mr Wrong Number: I know the romance novel standard now is for the main female character to be 'feisty' but this one crossed the line into utterly obnoxious spoiled brat.

A Day Like This: a first reads that was actually OK! Not my favourite book ever but perfectly solid story. Good for fans of The Midnight Library.

The Anomaly: loved the premise and what they did with it. Absolutely avoid if you don't like books with a large cast of characters.

The Underground Railroad: strangely disappointing? There's nothing WRONG with the book, it just didn't hit for me and felt overhyped and surface level with regards to its plot and characters.

Little Eve: I love Catriona Ward and she's 3/3 for me now. This is more like Rawblood than Last House on Needless Street.

Murder at Teals Pond: also a first reads I think? I thought this was fiction when I opened it and was disappointed it was non-fiction. An interesting case but for an unsolved murder mystery I found the resolution all quite flat and unconvincing.

Homegoing: LOVED. Also definitely not for those who dislike lots of characters, as it is essentially vignettes of dozens of characters through time rather than one single story. Really made me think.

Beast: the books in the Six Stories series never miss for me, this one is the 4th and not my favourite so far, as always the premise and style is right up my street but the ending fell a bit flat this time.

Please Look After Mom: OK so on reflection this book has some flaws, but was I absolutely bawling throughout? Yes. Does it therefore get all the stars? Yes it does.

I'm on to the Woman in White, I hadn't clicked that it's 700 odd pages long and it feels it 10 percent in. Good lord Wilkie stop rambling and get to the point.
I taught The Woman in White at A-Level a few years ago. It was hard work!

New thread here.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.