Black Friday 2021

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't make a point of looking for stuff on BF unless there is something specific I've been needing anyway but this year BF has helped me afford a new winter coat that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to justify buying at the original price, so I'm happy.

Reactions: 4
I want to get new bedsheets! Really soft, white, hotel vibes. Please let me know if you see anything šŸ„°
Maybe some new kitchen knives too!

Reactions: 1
I want to get new bedsheets! Really soft, white, hotel vibes. Please let me know if you see anything šŸ„°
Maybe some new kitchen knives too!
I have sheets from Linenbundle.com They're 500 thread count, really soft and wash well. They have 45% off for Black Friday.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Boots has been brilliant this year. Their star gifts are 50% off at the moment and some really good discounts on other bits but the mobile site is painfully slow if you were looking for electricals and cosmetic bits.

Probably won't bother with clothing this year as thats usually just stock they couldn't sell through the year but most places would be advertising now if it was a specific date to drum up interest so if you buy now you should be fine :)
Is it worth going in store do you think?

Want to get a stick vacuum for my parents. Canā€™t see any great deals atm
I feel like thereā€™s hardly any household electrical deals on at the moment šŸ˜”

Is it worth going in store do you think?

I feel like thereā€™s hardly any household electrical deals on at the moment šŸ˜”
You can look online and check if itā€™s in stock in your local store. Where I am I have noticed a lot of things I like in boots are not available in my local area so always have to order them in. I agree boots have been amazing this year.

I thought if anything they would be desperate to get deals going to encourage us to spend?

Drop the deets!
Sorry seemed to have missed the notification for this request.

Someone mentioned wanting knivesā€¦ā€¦.
https://huusk.com/huusk/product?ibf...husggjul&cmpid=6034f33b79fcbe000121992f&sub1={lpurl}&sub2=&sub3=&sub4=138351780668&sub5=561756338790&sub6=15268751955&sub7=c&sub8=none&sub9=d&sub10=tattle.life&ref_id=EAIaIQobChMI8c-J65Op9AIVkaAbCh1lFwg2EAEYASAAEgJ-5fD_BwE&subid3=15268751955&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=45-black-friday&utm_term=blackfriday-70off-huusk-02&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8c-J65Op9AIVkaAbCh1lFwg2EAEYASAAEgJ-5fD_BwE

Last edited:
Thank you šŸ™šŸ» Used random this morning and it was 15%. Just saved Ā£45 and got the coat I wanted, hope Iā€™ve ordered the right size now šŸ˜¬
Finally got my coat after waiting a week for ASOS Lichfield to send it by air swisse šŸ¤Ø anyway, thank you again @Bobbiewilson because it fits, I am over the moon with it and you saved me Ā£45!

Been buying some BF stuff off Amazon, but I add them to basket for a few days and see if the price fluctuates (it always does, despite being a ā€œBF dealā€).

Iā€™m looking for a new electric toothbrush if anyone comes across good ones.

Hobbshave started 25% off
Joanie has 40% off
No discounts needed

I want a Dyson Air wrap, I wonder if QVC will discount them or have any freebies with purchase

Joanie has 40% off
No discounts needed
I bought a new Oral B brush from Boots for Ā£40. Said it was better than half price. Obviously they have these things on sale for a ludicrous price for a couple of weeks to allow them to make these claims but Iā€™m happy with it and it comes with a charger and travel case which is handy.

Terry's Chocolate Oranges. I haven't seen them anywhere cheaper than Ā£1 special offer price. But Morrisons are doing them 75p this week. And a litre of Jack Daniels for Ā£16.99 which ain't a bad price at all.

Not that I'm buying either myself. I'm not overly seeking to partake in Black Friday this year. Trying to save money so spending as little as I can atm.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Don't be fooled by the Black Friday Deals offered by the mobile networks, especially if you are on an older RPI contract.

By 'upgrading' to a Black Friday deal, you'll gain CPI + 3.9% annual increases, plus you'll also lose EU (or on Three selected Worldwide) roaming perks.

Typically, the CPI +3.9% annual increases are over 3x that of older RPI contracts.

For example, if your contract is:

Ā£20pm - RPI = 28p p/m, CPi+3.9% = 90p p/m
Ā£40pm - RPI = 56p p/m, CPi+3.9% = Ā£1.80 p/m
Ā£60pm - RPI = 84p p/m, CPi+3.9% = Ā£2.70 p/m

With CPI currently running at a 10 year high, plus if this figure does not decrease by Feb/March next year, you could see a near 8% increase on your bill, in the earlier part of next year. You'll only get the Black Friday deal rate until March/April next year, before the increases kick in.

You should stay on the contract as long as possible, bartering with the network if they try to force you off the contract. If they won't budge on offering a good price, then shift network.

On many networks (especially those that still refuse to split the handset and SIM plan costs), you are better off buying a phone outright from a third party, then going SIM only with the network of your choice.

Last edited:

Joanie has 40% off
No discounts needed
Spotlight Oral Care have their sonic ones half price. I got the pride one down from Ā£120 to Ā£60 and their toothbrushes are excellent.

I really want a new Christmas tree, does anyone know of any good sales on? Or should I wait for Christmas sales?

Hi all
I know some of the black Friday deals need to be taken with a pinch of salt but I wondered whether we could share any genuine deals.

For example, I have just bought my kids a swing and slide set from Argos that I've had my eye on for ages. Ā£50 saving. I also want a light fitting from Dunelm, so I am waiting for their lighting sale which starts at the weekend.

Are there any other good deals?

Thanks x

90%+ are a waste of space. But a few are worth it. I could do with a new nutribullet, got one a few years ago for Ā£30 and that was a deal.