Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she is trying to buy one at all. But I don't think she'd get a mortgage because she has no steady income to prove she can pay it back.
At the end of the day in my opinion, people donated to help a girl who is sick. (the Gofundme actually didn't specify what the money would go on it just stated her history of cancer and to donate to relieve financial stress on the family). She is still sick. And yes there are so many other families fighting this same fight, or worse. But should we not be wanting funding or facilities to make it easier for every family instead of tearing down a girl who's fight was made a little easier? As someone who has immediate family who have gone through the exact cancer and procedure, with no help, the guts of 2 full years in a hospital far away from home, that is what my hope would be!
So you're incorrect as regards how the gfm page was set up.
At the beginning the gfm was generated to allow Shannen be accompanied by her partner to treatment, pay for accommodation, rent on the house they are in. As funds grew, she herself came in and said she was thrilled and that the funds would allow her to persue further treatment abroad if a transplant wasn't viable in Ireland.
There was nothing else added to her list of needs at that time while the gfm was growing, being reshared, and promoted.

It took an awful long time for the gfm to be closed. A disgraceful amount was raised.
Literally about 10 days later, a new car was purchased.
Then the #ads started, along with eyelash extensions, nails, clothes hauls, makeup, the list goes on. There was then an additional expenditure wish of ivf treatment where the money might be used. That's fine, but if she came clean and said she gets it free from the state anyway???? The accommodation in Dublin is also covered, but they're preferring to go private accommodation now🙄
During restrictions, she was on holidays, suite break, lunches with friends, dinners out, christening, to name a few. Restrictions tightened, went shopping with mam for new floors and furnishings.
She then comes on and has the cheek to tell people to respect restrictions, when she herself is carrying on like there's no Covid.
So she did spend and splash.
She didn't disclose her intention of expenditure when raising her cash.
And NO stage has there been any ill health been wished upon Shannen. Nobody would want to be in her shoes. Of course she should live her best life. Of course she wants the best for her child.
But transparency is key here.
And also she needs cop on, to the fact she's in a privileged position, there are thousands worse than her. Be respectful and mindful of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
So dad's driving today....but I thought that was the reason for the change of car and Barry off work?
Does she think she's a reporter doing a Primetime special on hospital tests or what?
Ffs🙄
She was a saucy witch on her on post about here the real me me came out!!

Reactions: 6
So you're incorrect as regards how the gfm page was set up.
At the beginning the gfm was generated to allow Shannen be accompanied by her partner to treatment, pay for accommodation, rent on the house they are in. As funds grew, she herself came in and said she was thrilled and that the funds would allow her to persue further treatment abroad if a transplant wasn't viable in Ireland.
There was nothing else added to her list of needs at that time while the gfm was growing, being reshared, and promoted.

It took an awful long time for the gfm to be closed. A disgraceful amount was raised.
Literally about 10 days later, a new car was purchased.
Then the #ads started, along with eyelash extensions, nails, clothes hauls, makeup, the list goes on. There was then an additional expenditure wish of ivf treatment where the money might be used. That's fine, but if she came clean and said she gets it free from the state anyway???? The accommodation in Dublin is also covered, but they're preferring to go private accommodation now🙄
During restrictions, she was on holidays, suite break, lunches with friends, dinners out, christening, to name a few. Restrictions tightened, went shopping with mam for new floors and furnishings.
She then comes on and has the cheek to tell people to respect restrictions, when she herself is carrying on like there's no Covid.
So she did spend and splash.
She didn't disclose her intention of expenditure when raising her cash.
And NO stage has there been any ill health been wished upon Shannen. Nobody would want to be in her shoes. Of course she should live her best life. Of course she wants the best for her child.
But transparency is key here.
And also she needs cop on, to the fact she's in a privileged position, there are thousands worse than her. Be respectful and mindful of that.
Excellent post. No one wishes her unwell no one. No one ever said those words. If she could read this post she might have some clue why there are issues. Not cherry picking and accusing.

Reactions: 16
She can’t handle being questioned by the people who have every right to question her- people who donated to the GFM in good faith. How dare we question her! Her Mask is starting to slip she’s displayed her true colours a couple of times lately

Reactions: 9
The person that keeps on coming here defending the go fund me and sure people wanted to help. Can you not see the greed?

It's disgusting that she has no shame that she was sharing a go fund me once it hit over 100 grand. Inference was that it will give her life saving options. She knew that she already had a life saving option. Playing on people's emotions. Because as much as she tried to say people here wished her harm no one did or ever would.
She is actually twisted to even say that.

Reactions: 13
The person that keeps on coming here defending the go fund me and sure people wanted to help. Can you not see the greed?

It's disgusting that she has no shame that she was sharing a go fund me once it hit over 100 grand. Inference was that it will give her life saving options. She knew that she already had a life saving option. Playing on people's emotions. Because as much as she tried to say people here wished her harm no one did or ever would.
She is actually twisted to even say that.
Takeaway was even gifted!! Unbelievable! give it to a family that bloody need it she seems to live in takeaway or the partner cooks! What does she do all day? People a lot worst than her and do every day tasks I know this because I work in the disability sector they would amaze you!!

Reactions: 12
Was there a target amount set when the GFM was set up?
If there was then when that target was met the page should of automatically shut down. I say this about any page which is started. If somebody for example is in drastic need of treatment or whatever and the likely cost of said treatment is 50k and a target of 50k is reached then it should be stopped, letting donation after donation pour in is not right in my opinion. I think most people would of done something charitable with the excess in this case, pass it on, spread the kindness, I would of without a doubt!!

Reactions: 7
What I object to is the blatant flaunting of her spending. Take the new car for example. I absolutely understand that a bigger car would be much more comfortable on long drives during treatment.
Bu the photo on the garage forecourt with the flowers was just crass.
The classy way to do it would have been to come on to Instagram and simply say that thanks to people's generosity she was able to upgrade her car to make the travelling less arduous and to thank everyone who donated.

Reactions: 11
Was there a target amount set when the GFM was set up?
If there was then when that target was met the page should of automatically shut down. I say this about any page which is started. If somebody for example is in drastic need of treatment or whatever and the likely cost of said treatment is 50k and a target of 50k is reached then it should be stopped, letting donation after donation pour in is not right in my opinion. I think most people would of done something charitable with the excess in this case, pass it on, spread the kindness, I would of without a doubt!!
The target was set at 10k. She kept saying she was closing it but never did she waited until the donations stopped

• Wow
The target was set at 10k. She kept saying she was closing it but never did she waited until the donations stopped
And as pages and stories kept being shared, she kept saying thanks. As the money grew it was like a badge of honour to her. The more money she had was like it showed how popular she was.
Even though she said she was closing it, she kept sharing it.
All that aside, it's very rarely you see the recepient of a gfm blatantly advertising their own gfm on social media, it shows how she exploited the whole situation.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
And as pages and stories kept being shared, she kept saying thanks. As the money grew it was like a badge of honour to her. The more money she had was like it showed how popular she was.
Even though she said she was closing it, she kept sharing it.
All that aside, it's very rarely you see the recepient of a gfm blatantly advertising their own gfm on social media, it shows how she exploited the whole situation.
I've seen one or two share their own but not in the same way she did she is in her own league with her carry or I'd never seen anyone add potential reasons why they need more while sharing it.

Your so right it became how high can this go how much am I loved. No shame. No mention of where all the excess would be going to.

Reactions: 3
I've seen one or two share their own but not in the same way she did she is in her own league with her carry or I'd never seen anyone add potential reasons why they need more while sharing it.

Your so right it became how high can this go how much am I loved. No shame. No mention of where all the excess would be going to.
She keeps saying her dm's are always open for people to have the chats etc... but I've counted over 5 messages I sent her from a while back and not 1 was acknowledged... they are all the same..

Companies giving so much to people who already have so much... makes me sick when so many others are struggling

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
This one is another level of narcissism. First of all I believe the babygro story was completely made up to generate sympathy and add to her following. The gfm which followed was bizarre and unnecessary. Even if the babygro drama was real I could never understand why that meant she needed money all of a sudden. She kept sharing it, adding each time to what exactly she MIGHT need the money for, while all the time rubbing her greedy hands together and laughing all the way to the bank. I highlight MIGHT because generally speaking gfm are set up with a purpose in mind. There’s a target to reach to him pay for that purpose. It should never be about ‘give me money because something awful happened to me and someone was mean to me when I’m going through this awful thing’ Bizarre and unnecessary. Open disclosure: I did not donate so she’s not spending any of my money but those who did must feel pretty foolish right about now. She is toxic, no better than a con artist and she’ll have no luck for it. What evolves her personality from personality disorder to narcissist is her complete lack of empathy or understanding as to why people are annoyed and using this thread on her social media to again generate that ‘oh look how mean people are to me’ ‘please follow and swipe up to donate’ Barry would want to watch out. This one would stab her own mother in the back and twist the knife while she’s at it.

• Heart
What I object to is the blatant flaunting of her spending. Take the new car for example. I absolutely understand that a bigger car would be much more comfortable on long drives during treatment.
Bu the photo on the garage forecourt with the flowers was just crass.
The classy way to do it would have been to come on to Instagram and simply say that thanks to people's generosity she was able to upgrade her car to make the travelling less arduous and to thank everyone who donated.
She's a typical blogger show off. Addicted to the compliments and attention from people. She HAS to boast about living the good life. She doesn't care if she's doing it from charity money while other people going through cancer are terminally ill and struggling. Also in her rant the other say she made some point of if our kids fell in love with social media and wanted to make a career out of talking about themselves to Instagram, we wouldn't want them getting hate etc. Well if my kids said that's what they were doing with their lives, firstly I'd say cop on and get a proper qualified but if they insisted I would tell them to expect people not to like them and to criticize them and it's a not as nice as they think in the spotlight. So Shannen, grow up. If you don't like negative comments get off the gram

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She's a typical blogger show off. Addicted to the compliments and attention from people. She HAS to boast about living the good life. She doesn't care if she's doing it from charity money while other people going through cancer are terminally ill and struggling. Also in her rant the other say she made some point of if our kids fell in love with social media and wanted to make a career out of talking about themselves to Instagram, we wouldn't want them getting hate etc. Well if my kids said that's what they were doing with their lives, firstly I'd say cop on and get a proper qualified but if they insisted I would tell them to expect people not to like them and to criticize them and it's a not as nice as they think in the spotlight. So Shannen, grow up. If you don't like negative comments get off the gram
Exactly. I am thankful I raised sensible children with more aspiration for themselves than talking shite into their phones. Taking admiration from strangers is not self validation Shannen.

Reactions: 9
I really don't feel like this should be allowed on Instagram. I know it's for medical reasons but I just think it's asking for trouble. Is this allowed on insta? I can't see why it would be.
030846A7-B63A-4854-927D-6B92969E3370.png

One of the options when reporting posts/stories is "false information"and then "health" comes up as an option so if anything she says is wrong maybe use that option.

I didn’t donate, generally I never donate cash. But I know people who did, people who really don’t have a lot to spare. Must be like a kick in the teeth to see so much spending.

Reactions: 4
I really don't feel like this should be allowed on Instagram. I know it's for medical reasons but I just think it's asking for trouble. Is this allowed on insta? I can't see why it would be.View attachment 335599
She was tore into this before by professionals and she swore she would never do it again online. Yet here we are desperate for content .

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.