Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It wasn’t but when she found out about this thread she changed it to private
Thats strange . I know its not nice when people have opinions on you that don't know you but I think when you have a Instagram account and put your life on it for everyone to see , set up a go fund me account then you have to expect the negative as well.

No one in life is above criticism at times. We all exp it in some form maybe not as much but then one chooses majority of the time to be either public or private in living ..

Reactions: 8
She could have easily bought her cousins son a disability modified car and had plenty of change from €176k 🤦🏻‍♀️
Sending flowers to Terri mc evoy , they don’t look cheap , great to see , the money been well spent , everyone else’s husband had to work , when people’s Ill , he’s self employed, who’s to say he’s not working. I was under the impression, that money was collected for treatment, nothing only spending big time ,since she received it ,

Reactions: 12
As someone said already on this thread, people knew how much was donated and still chose to donate more. Is every single thing she buys going to be under scrutiny now? Maybe she used her own money. How do we know the money isnt set aside for the expensive time she is going to have during the bone marrow transplant? I have had a family member who has gone through this same cancer and a bone marrow transplant and it is an extremely stressful and worrying time and the recovery after is huge with so many possible complications they will need all the help they can get when she goes through this! We never got donated money but there is no way in hell I would begrudge someone else of it just because "we worked and got through it and had it hard so everyone else should have to do it that way too" . I don't understand that attitude at all!!! And maybe she is waiting until hopefully she gets the all clear and gets through the transplant and will then donate on the money when she knows she doesn't need it. People donated the money for treatment. Last time I checked her page she was still going through it! I have unfollowed her though so I am open to correction.

I do agree that seeing her, or any instragrammer with a large following, going out and about regularly is frustrating to watch. As I said, I don't follow her anymore. I found her page boring and didn't have much to offer me personally and I don't feel the need to watch someone's cancer journey on a public platform. That's my opinion anyway. Sorry for the long post!

Reactions: 16
I think it was more so she made out she might need treatment abroad when the go fund me was started when she doesnt and the cancer she has is curable ( fingers crossed ) that people got angry about and I think going to out to buy a new car out 176k plus the other go fund me brought the amount to over 200k and then the non stop spending of hotel stays fitbits for the whole family.
Most people going through cancer their main worry is getting through and then how are we going to afford it especially if it is terminal, she knew it wasnt terminal and never stopped that go fund me she waited til the donations stopped coming in

Reactions: 20
I think it was more so she made out she might need treatment abroad when the go fund me was started when she doesnt and the cancer she has is curable ( fingers crossed ) that people got angry about and I think going to out to buy a new car out 176k plus the other go fund me brought the amount to over 200k and then the non stop spending of hotel stays fitbits for the whole family.
Most people going through cancer their main worry is getting through and then how are we going to afford it especially if it is terminal, she knew it wasnt terminal and never stopped that go fund me she waited til the donations stopped coming in
She’s trying her utmost to appear as sick as possible on camera but gets up and is dressed during the day. The mind boggles that anyone would enjoy spreading her “cancer” journey. It’s a bit strange But everything is calculated even down to the fact she shares giving someone flowers. How embarrassing.

Reactions: 5
She has said time and time again she didn't know if she would find a match for the transplant in Ireland. Perhaps abroad was the next option if she didn't. The transplant is a serious serious operation with so many serious possible side effects, up to and including it not working and death! She tries her utmost to appear sick? She is battling cancer - she is sick!! Why did you put cancer in inverted commas? Are you implying she' doesn't have it? Strange....
Anyway I'm going to leave it there as I just wanted to offer some food for thought and give the view from someone who has seen first hand what this particular cancer and treatment is like. As I said her page no longer offers me anything I want to see so I have unfollowed so I'm actually not a fan of hers! Over and out! ✌

Reactions: 7
She has said time and time again she didn't know if she would find a match for the transplant in Ireland. Perhaps abroad was the next option if she didn't. The transplant is a serious serious operation with so many serious possible side effects, up to and including it not working and death! She tries her utmost to appear sick? She is battling cancer - she is sick!! Why did you put cancer in inverted commas? Are you implying she' doesn't have it? Strange....
Anyway I'm going to leave it there as I just wanted to offer some food for thought and give the view from someone who has seen first hand what this particular cancer and treatment is like. As I said her page no longer offers me anything I want to see so I have unfollowed so I'm actually not a fan of hers! Over and out! ✌
The HSE would have looked abroad for a match.

In my mind it was just greed. Course they needed help it's a huge financial strain and it's the only real way people can help.

But to keep sharing it once it got over 100 grand is just greedy.

Nobody said anything about her not getting financial support, of course she needs it. Anyone in that situation would need it.
It's the way it was done and the way the money continues to be spent.
I think she read here yesterday, she's having a phone free day today....
Christmas collab on the way. 🙄

Reactions: 6
I don't agree with the way she carried out the go fund me at all but I certainly don't agree that she tries her uptmost to appear sick. that's a really odd nasty thing to say.

The go fund me was to take any financial pressure off, it was so she could attend treatment with ease and her husband could travel and stay close to her. It was so money was the last thing they had to worry about as a young family going through this unimaginable tough time. I give regularly to go fund me’s because I feel the fund needs it and those fundraising need a break. I don’t give with an expectation of how it should be spent, it is her money and she can do what she feels fit to do with it.

The go fund me was to take any financial pressure off, it was so she could attend treatment with ease and her husband could travel and stay close to her. It was so money was the last thing they had to worry about as a young family going through this unimaginable tough time. I give regularly to go fund me’s because I feel the fund needs it and those fundraising need a break. I don’t give with an expectation of how it should be spent, it is her money and she can do what she feels fit to do with it.
So if you donated to a GoFund me page, in aid of a person saying they needed treatment for a condition that may not be available here, that it was terminal....and then a week later that person buys a new car, buys gifts for all the family, takes breaks away in suites, gets lunches and dinners out, meeting people during restrictions in pubs even though not supposed to, showing clothes hauls, beauty treatments.....and you feel it's ok that money is spent for things that were not disclosed when initially fundraising?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't follow her anymore so I have no idea what her latest antics are. I had cancer at the same time as her second bout of cancer. We messaged a few times, she seemed sweet, nice. I have since unfortunately been rediagnosed as terminal and I find her whole story jarring. Her demeanor has changed so much. She is so smug and full of it. I hope people who are newly diagnosed don't think she is a reflection of what cancer is like. Texting her consultant in the middle of the night??? The thing I find utterly bizarre is the lack of Covid precautions. Before treatment I get three texts telling me not to attend if I am symptomatic, I am so aware of the dangers for nursing staff it makes me extra cautious, I can't get over the amount of contacts she has. Also cancer care is free in Ireland and she has private health insurance and is curable so she does not need money for foreign travel for trials, so what is the money for? So many young terminal mother's struggling to raise 20-40K highlight on their pages constantly what their money is being used for and why it's so helpful eg worthfighting4. It is hard to watch her flaunting her excess cash with no gratitude or regard. It's not her fault, the Kenny's set it up and should have pulled the plug sooner. I just wish she would show an ounce of grace or class or gratitude but she just comes across as utterly self obsessed. The night on the late late was creepy too, she was thrilled to be famous for having cancer. It is definitely a trend and seems to be a new career path, Georgie Crawford, Rachel Gorry, Denise and Ciaran Kenny, all creating careers from their cancer stories under the guise of helping others, but it's patently driven by self promotion.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Just a taught the stress and worry today about 24/7 care after transplant.

Was the point of Barry not working so he can care for her? Am I missing something.

Also isn't there enough funds available for a carer for the days he can't be there.

Reactions: 13
I don't follow her anymore so I have no idea what her latest antics are. I had cancer at the same time as her second bout of cancer. We messaged a few times, she seemed sweet, nice. I have since unfortunately been rediagnosed as terminal and I find her whole story jarring. Her demeanor has changed so much. She is so smug and full of it. I hope people who are newly diagnosed don't think she is a reflection of what cancer is like. Texting her consultant in the middle of the night??? The thing I find utterly bizarre is the lack of Covid precautions. Before treatment I get three texts telling me not to attend if I am symptomatic, I am so aware of the dangers for nursing staff it makes me extra cautious, I can't get over the amount of contacts she has. Also cancer care is free in Ireland and she has private health insurance and is curable so she does not need money for foreign travel for trials, so what is the money for? So many young terminal mother's struggling to raise 20-40K highlight on their pages constantly what their money is being used for and why it's so helpful eg worthfighting4. It is hard to watch her flaunting her excess cash with no gratitude or regard. It's not her fault, the Kenny's set it up and should have pulled the plug sooner. I just wish she would show an ounce of grace or class or gratitude but she just comes across as utterly self obsessed. The night on the late late was creepy too, she was thrilled to be famous for having cancer. It is definitely a trend and seems to be a new career path, Georgie Crawford, Rachel Gorry, Denise and Ciaran Kenny, all creating careers from their cancer stories under the guise of helping others, but it's patently driven by self promotion.
I’m so sorry for your diagnosis. I can’t imagine how you feel x

Reactions: 6
The best well stated and honest fact as you’ve laid out above. Your experience and description is the real truth of people diagnosed with cancer and the path they tread. I can only wish you personally all the very best x

Just a taught the stress and worry today about 24/7 care after transplant.

Was the point of Barry not working so he can care for her? Am I missing something.

Also isn't there enough funds available for a carer for the days he can't be there.
I've a feeling Ms Joyce was taking a phone break because she needs to ramp up the sympathy.
Christmas is on the way, things are very slow on the freebie side. She'll come on shortly looking for something for Roisin that's hard to get. Will be looking to make it the best Christmas ever......blaa blaa.
It's terrible thst the need for fame has overtaken her head.

I thought the entire point of that go fund me was that Barry could be off to provide care. So even after pocketing 200k he’s still not available? How much money do they need. I really am confused. Total begging going on now with that latest post.

I don't follow her any more. what was she saying? but yeah that was definitely the point of the go fund me

Reactions: 2
I thought the entire point of that go fund me was that Barry could be off to provide care. So even after pocketing 200k he’s still not available? How much money do they need. I really am confused. Total begging going on now with that latest post.
It's a huge ordeal a transplant it can be very dangerous afterwards re infection risks but the 24/7 care is more just company incase something happens quickly which is very possible.
So I get the stress and worry.

But it's the now saying she is stressing over a roster. Surely Barry will move up as that's why he isn't working and family could look after Roisin. It would be risky with Covid having ppl coming and going from her.

People do this everyday and without the option of having a partner available 24/7.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.