Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I heard it as they are going to take turns going up to keep things as normal as possible for Roisin, if Barry was there all the time the poor thing wouldn't know what was going on if her mammy and daddy were both suddenly gone, this way Barry will be with Roisin

I feel so sorry for the other cancer patients going through the same with out the fall back of so much GoFundMe money
You may be sure there are patients who will not have some one 24/7 to stay with them due to family commitments etc
I presume the hospital provides the accommodation for after care so if anything goes wrong you are near the hospital
It's so annoying seeing all the freebies sent to bloggers wouldent it be nice if the goodies were sent to long term patients in hospitals .
I personally would be more inclined to buy then from those companys.
It just irritates me when bloggers ask for advice about a product knowing by doing so a freebie will be sent

Reactions: 15
I heard it as they are going to take turns going up to keep things as normal as possible for Roisin, if Barry was there all the time the poor thing wouldn't know what was going on if her mammy and daddy were both suddenly gone, this way Barry will be with Roisin
True she does need to see her parents and feel normal. No easy way to keep that.

I still think having a cushion of 200 grand makes it less of a hassle for her. Hire nursing assistants for the days he can't be there. Simple!

Reactions: 4
Exactly. Hire somebody. Or maybe and this is my opinion move the little girl up too she’s hardly at a critical stage in her education. That way they are all together no exposure to others.

Reactions: 8
200k or not I wouldn't like to be making those decisions, when our oldest needed a procedure done in Crumlin a few years ago we were both only away 2 nights and it broke my heart being away from our youngest, now if I was at home we would have been fighting but that's another matter 🤣 If it was us I wouldn't move the kids to Dublin either, now ours are a bit older but by being home at least during the week they have routine and stability

I agree it's not decisions I'd like to be making either.

It is a horrible situation no one is saying that. Just wonder sometimes with some of these bloggers the motivation for playing it all out on Insta. Awareness a lot would say. Not sure is that the only motivation

Reactions: 2
The child is well loved at home. Lots of aunties, grandparents etc that are well capable of minding the child. She's young enough to let it go over her head, but old enough to understand about mammy. There are children coping with far more critical situations and they're dealing with it. She's not unique. And lucky enough she's got parents that don't have to go out to work and make up the money for to pay the rent while in the middle of all this. Surely they realise this? I think they're making too much of a mountain with it and getting the public involved is just looking for attention.
My husband spent the best part of a year in hospital in Dublin and I'm down south. 4 kids. No family. I had a few kind neighbours and friends who did school runs or I just brought them with me, missing school, to see their dad once or twice a week. I did that in a small car, up and down the motorway. Paid for my own diesel and accommodation when needed.
Shannen is making mountains and playing out her hard decisions and planning for nothing else only attention.

Reactions: 16
Airy_ Fairy so sorry for what you went through I so agree si many familys copeing on their own not played out on social media they just get on with it often with so little money and support.

Reactions: 7
Sometimes it's hard to see beyond your own situation. Yes other people have it so much harder. Does that mean she should not worry or stress about her situation? No matter what situation you are in in life you can be guaranteed there is somebody somewhere worse off than you. All you can do is try play the hand you have been dealt! I really really cannot understand why people who have gone through similar situations but worse begrudge her for not having it as bad as they did!

Reactions: 3
Sometimes it's hard to see beyond your own situation. Yes other people have it so much harder. Does that mean she should not worry or stress about her situation? No matter what situation you are in in life you can be guaranteed there is somebody somewhere worse off than you. All you can do is try play the hand you have been dealt! I really really cannot understand why people who have gone through similar situations but worse begrudge her for not having it as bad as they did!
Maybe she shouldn't moan in public then?
Oh wait, then she wouldn't have got €200k if she didn't go public.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I was in hospital for over 5 weeks during my transplant. Didn't see my youngest once. Saw my oldest twice in that time. It was hard but necessary. I didn't get a go fund me jackpot. My mother quit her job and moved 150 miles to look after me and my kids when I came home to allow my husband to work. Families work things out. You get by.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
A while back she said that there are free apartments for family but they obviously would not be using one as obviously she had the gofund me money and they would use that. I thought Barry and Roisin were going to move up for the duration originally? However with Covid they would not be allowed in to see her anyways, unless she has different treatment to every other patient in oncology at the moment.

Reactions: 1
She has said time and time again she didn't know if she would find a match for the transplant in Ireland. Perhaps abroad was the next option if she didn't. The transplant is a serious serious operation with so many serious possible side effects, up to and including it not working and death! She tries her utmost to appear sick? She is battling cancer - she is sick!! Why did you put cancer in inverted commas? Are you implying she' doesn't have it? Strange....
Anyway I'm going to leave it there as I just wanted to offer some food for thought and give the view from someone who has seen first hand what this particular cancer and treatment is like. As I said her page no longer offers me anything I want to see so I have unfollowed so I'm actually not a fan of hers! Over and out! ✌
I agree, the girl clearly is unwell, her type of cancer (and the fact it keeps coming back) shouldn’t be made light off. She might say or spend money on things that people don’t like but questioning how sick she is is just a cheap shot.

Reactions: 10
She seems very foolish, naïve and childish to be fair... all of the sponsored crap and brand ambassador rubbish completely detracted from her original message of cancer awareness and ok yes she is a young girl and into other things and has another identity than being a cancer patient, but she needs to decide what her 'angle' is because it's not possible to be both IMHO

I do wish her all the best, I have been in her shoes a few years ago and itnis a horrible place to be but she doesn't seem very genuine.. there are any number of other cancer bloggers out there on Instagram from Cork and surrounding areas who seem far more genuine and haven't bought into the bullshit and I way prefer to follow them because they are more true to life and not posting crap for the attention/ likes

Reactions: 14
Talking with her mouth open eating scrambled eggs :sick::sick::sick: could she have any less class? The instahun routine is dialled upto 90, I really find her completely unbearable

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Talking with her mouth open eating scrambled eggs :sick::sick::sick: could she have any less class? The instahun routine is dialled upto 90, I really find her completely unbearable
I agree.
And she's raising a spoilt child along with it. She's coming across as very cheeky. She should leave her off the gram.

• Heart
I so agree some of the insta kids come accross as brats why are they even on it .
It's doing their personalitys no favours not worth it for the freebies .

She seems very foolish, naïve and childish to be fair... all of the sponsored crap and brand ambassador rubbish completely detracted from her original message of cancer awareness and ok yes she is a young girl and into other things and has another identity than being a cancer patient, but she needs to decide what her 'angle' is because it's not possible to be both IMHO

I do wish her all the best, I have been in her shoes a few years ago and itnis a horrible place to be but she doesn't seem very genuine.. there are any number of other cancer bloggers out there on Instagram from Cork and surrounding areas who seem far more genuine and haven't bought into the bullshit and I way prefer to follow them because they are more true to life and not posting crap for the attention/ likes
I think unfortunately that the excessive Go Fund Me amount for just one person has left a bad taste for many people. I do wish her all the best though. I do feel like the sincerity in terms of wanting to raise awareness is far more to the fore with some other bloggers going through fights against cancer. Trina Clearly being one such blogger (tri_cleary) literally puts all her efforts into promoting the need to check your breasts for early breast cancer detection. Day in day out she is preaching this message despite being ill. A real trooper.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.