Big Brother Gossip #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, she had already spent multiple times in hospital due to anorexia. HOW she passed the psych tests to get in that year (and Lea, and Shabaz for that matter) I’ll never know. (I mean, I know you can fake not being ill but I thought the whole point of those sorts of tests were that they were vigorous and meant to weed out that sort of fakery).
I used to work with someone whose friend was a researcher on the Nikki BB series. She didnt pass the psych tests (totally failed them, they knew she was unstable) but they put her in for entertainment value. Really awful and manipulative (shock - TV show prioritises viewing figures over individual well being) I found this out about 2006? - I couldn't watch BB after that.
Any other reality show I watch with that format - Love Island etc - it's always in the back of my mind.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I used to work with someone whose friend was a researcher on the Nikki BB series. She didnt pass the psych tests (totally failed them, they knew she was unstable) but they put her in for entertainment value. Really awful and manipulative (shock - TV show prioritises viewing figures over individual well being) I found this out about 2006? - I couldn't watch BB after that.
Any other reality show I watch with that format - Love Island etc - it's always in the back of my mind.
It’s disgraceful isn’t it? This is why I’ve found watching the older series so refreshing, up until about BB4 the housemates were just normal people with normal jobs. Everything happened organically as well, the Helen and Paul romance was a real slow burner that was completely innocent by todays standards, I don’t think they even kissed in the house. If it were ever to return I’d want it to be like this.

By contrast the most recent series of Love Island have been so sanitised that it’s kind of gone the other way. The first two series were just walk to wall sex and huge rows 😂

Reactions: 5
🤣 as I can’t seem to PM anyone for some reason i’ll say Who it is, its no one very exciting and hopefully people I know aren’t reading this thread 🤷🏽‍♀️

it was Siavash on big bro 10 😊
I liked him

Reactions: 2
It’s disgraceful isn’t it? This is why I’ve found watching the older series so refreshing, up until about BB4 the housemates were just normal people with normal jobs. Everything happened organically as well, the Helen and Paul romance was a real slow burner that was completely innocent by todays standards, I don’t think they even kissed in the house. If it were ever to return I’d want it to be like this.

By contrast the most recent series of Love Island have been so sanitised that it’s kind of gone the other way. The first two series were just walk to wall sex and huge rows 😂
I know most people say BB4 was boring but I remember absolutely living for Helen and Paul - their romance seemed so sweet and fairytale. When they went on that date! The earliest series were so much better when there wasn't a hidden agenda among contestants to become famous/promote themselves - or not so hidden!

Reactions: 8
I know most people say BB4 was boring but I remember absolutely living for Helen and Paul - their romance seemed so sweet and fairytale. When they went on that date! The earliest series were so much better when there wasn't a hidden agenda among contestants to become famous/promote themselves - or not so hidden!
Helen and Paul was BB2

Reactions: 4
Am I the only one that’s gutted they didn’t get to see Gemma Collins back in action? I’m claustrophobic Darren!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Narinder has tweeted quite a bit about Brian

I use to like Brian, then I say an interview with him and his Husband. The person who was interviewing them was asking his Husband all about himself and him working as a choreographer. Brian wouldn’t let him get a word in when he was trying to answer the questions and kept talking over him and interrupting him. It was all me me me with him.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I'm gutted to see those photos of Nikki looking so unwell. In contrast, Imogen looks wonderful and has barely changed. Anorexia is a hideous disease and it's so much more than just wanting to be thin. My daughter's friend was affected by it from her early teens and eventually succumbed to the illness in her mid-20's. So terribly sad. I'm praying Nikki has the right therapy and support so that she can get into recovery.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Rewatching BB6 and forgot about Vanessa's eviction, when the housemates went around the table saying who they wanted to leave the house.

I actually quite liked BB4. I know it was less eventful and dramatic than other series’ were, but I liked the normal-ness of the housemates. I found John Tickle to be quite funny, I liked the South Africa housemate swap, and the minor, silly arguments and bickering they had in the house. Also Federico was very nice to look at!

I was 11 during BB1, and oddly obsessed with it as well as my circle of friends. We would role play as the contestants, I vividly remember saying I would be Claire and one of my guy friends muttered in disappointment, ‘Aw no, Claire’s good looking though.’ It’s traumatised me ever since. 😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.