Big Brother 2023 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The original and best reality show, but having given it a week I wish it hadn't been brought back. It's been ruined and ratings don't lie dropping by two thirds in less than a week from well over two million to just 800 and odd thousand. Some of the things I have hated.....

1) No live launch show.
2) The theme song being a remix and not the original version.
3) Two annoying hosts when the show has only ever needed one.
4) Telling us at the last minute who was up for eviction before we had even seen the nominations.
5) Trying to make out it's diverse because it's got someone in who is missing a limb and someone trans. MAFS has people like that but it's a way more entertaining show.
6) Very few likeable characters.
7) The live audience still doing the annoying whoop.
8) The live audience not being allowed to boo because we apparently do things differently and are more accepting in 2023.
9) No real drama which makes every episode samey.
10) Boring housemates. Anyone who could name all 16 and would recognise them if you saw them out and about in public credit to you.
11) The live eviction dragging for 75 minutes and then the interview not taking place until the after show.
12) No eye candy for us men.
13) The wrong person evicted. Kerryis a poor mans Verne Troyer on her buggy.

I imagine producers are having crisis talks to save the show and ratings because it cannot continue like this for another five weeks and if it does it won't be back that's for sure.
What do you mean no eye candy? Noky is beautiful!

Reactions: 23
I've watched BB from the start, thought I'd give this ago, gave it a week, but am out,
Really don't like the presenters
Why one nomination? That was weird
Don't like how the tasks are taking over most of the episodes, I like normal stuff, the waking up, making a cuppa etc
The 2 controversial housemates up for first noms, it'll end up in with folks who get on which is boring
I want to hear to hear the boos at eviction night, but what's happened there?
Wanted to see the shopping arrive,
I was secretly hoping it was going to be like the good old days, but nope, it's crap!
I think like everything that's out on TV especially reality tv shows always reaches a peak I didn't expect it to be like the good old days and it sadly never was gonna be just feels a massive change to it when they didn't need it to be like @Miss.Chanandler.Bong said below too saying the transition from Channel 4 to Channel 5 didn't feel big like this does you wouldn't of known it changed channels before apart from a new presenter and the spin of show being renamed that's all itv had to do

Reactions: 1
I’m not disliking it. It’s just certain things I don’t like like the 1 nomination, the BB voice. The weird not showing us seeing the HM find out who is up for eviction until Friday night

Reactions: 11
I’m not disliking it. It’s just certain things I don’t like like the 1 nomination, the BB voice. The weird not showing us seeing the HM find out who is up for eviction until Friday night
I'm hoping that was just for the first week to have an eviction on Friday?
I'm not disliking it. I'll give it another while.
I'm hoping now Farida is gone more characters will get airtime

Reactions: 4
I'm hoping now Farida is gone more characters will get airtime
Of course they will. ITV have been concentrating on the Kerry/Farida dramas (maybe a bit too much, but there's been plenty going on there).

I still have hopes for Dylan - he was my launch night bet to win (although he's going to have to go some to beat Yinrun).

Reactions: 7
The original and best reality show, but having given it a week I wish it hadn't been brought back. It's been ruined and ratings don't lie dropping by two thirds in less than a week from well over two million to just 800 and odd thousand. Some of the things I have hated.....

1) No live launch show.
2) The theme song being a remix and not the original version.
3) Two annoying hosts when the show has only ever needed one.
4) Telling us at the last minute who was up for eviction before we had even seen the nominations.
5) Trying to make out it's diverse because it's got someone in who is missing a limb and someone trans. MAFS has people like that but it's a way more entertaining show.
6) Very few likeable characters.
7) The live audience still doing the annoying whoop.
8) The live audience not being allowed to boo because we apparently do things differently and are more accepting in 2023.
9) No real drama which makes every episode samey.
10) Boring housemates. Anyone who could name all 16 and would recognise them if you saw them out and about in public credit to you.
11) The live eviction dragging for 75 minutes and then the interview not taking place until the after show.
12) No eye candy for us men.
13) The wrong person evicted. Kerryis a poor mans Verne Troyer on her buggy.

I imagine producers are having crisis talks to save the show and ratings because it cannot continue like this for another five weeks and if it does it won't be back that's for sure.
I'm sure the theme tune is THE original from back in the day..

Reactions: 5
I'm sure the theme tune is THE original from back in the day..
It is, some touching up will have taken place but it's hardly a huge diversion from the original. To say it's a remix is nit-picking to the extreme. Some people are just looking for reasons to dislike the new series. Not really sure why they're bothering to watch 🤔

Reactions: 10
RE nominations: Kerry said she had a feeling that nominations would be today/tomorrow because of something she heard (it cut to bird noise)

I think the producers were probably just badly organised for this week

Reactions: 2
Of course they will. ITV have been concentrating on the Kerry/Farida dramas (maybe a bit too much, but there's been plenty going on there).

I still have hopes for Dylan - he was my launch night bet to win (although he's going to have to go some to beat Yinrun).
I think Dylan is great! If one of my top three does something to piss me off, he's next in line to take their place. Something I find weird (all over social media, it's not too bad on here) is that people were crying out for normal contestants, but then are accusing the most normal, balanced ones of being boring. I'm rewatching BB3 at the moment and I can't imagine how today's viewers would cope with the likes of PJ, Lee and Spencer - yet it's simultaneously considered the 'good old days' casting-wise.

I also think certain archetypes of people get more leeway before they're considered boring whilst others have to essentially be the perfect housemate to gain a fraction of the popularity. If Paul had acted in the exact same way as Dylan or Zak so far, I think he'd be massively popular, but I see those two being accused of being boring very often. There's no way of knowing, obviously, but it's something I have my suspicions about as a Big Brother connoisseur!

Reactions: 7
Is there a way to watch previews lives? I wish it was on actual channel, I would record it and watch it back. I feel like you miss out a lot not watching, they barely show just normal conversations.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.