Big Brother 2023 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Matty fingering his hole while in bed with Chanel three times on the live stream was not what I wanted to see

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
It seems like they aren't showing most of the best conversations.They definitely haven't listened to the public when they asked for it to go back to basics 😕

Reactions: 13
Hahahahahaha sorry I would want to see this. I only watched them hand out family photos and all cry over them 😴🥱
Handing out family photos? They've only been in there two minutes.

I feel like in an attempt to capture some of the old BB magic they've tried to pull bits from previous seasons but used them far too early. So the ranking in the garden lost its impact because none of them knew each other at all so it literally meant nothing, an all-consuming multi-day task that put them into silos etc. The first week should be about them getting to know each other, finding their people and settling into the house and routine.

I must admit that I haven't watched since day 1 of the task because we've had other things to do. I feel like it's sort of the worst time of the year to have a daily show like that because there's so much other TV on that I'd rather watch that requires you to watch pretty much in real time for fear of spoilers (Bake Off and Drag Race mostly). Over summer there's usually nothing which is in part why it used to work well and why Love Island worked to fill a slot. I assume they're trying to cram it in before they start I'm a Celebrity?

Reactions: 10
I think there needs to be more footage of them just talking so we can get to know them!

Id be interested to know what Kerries job role is within the NHS and if she’s still actually employed!

Reactions: 14
ITV are absolutely terrified of anything too controversial happening. After the Love Island suicides and the Jeremy Kyle stuff they can’t, or more likely won’t, risk it. But that’s what made Big Brother popular in the first place. It’s why they’ve asked viewers to ‘be kind’ to the Housemates. ‘Be Kind’ honestly, these people have put themselves forward to be on the show, and whilst I agree criticism often crosses the line nowadays it’s nothing new. Some of the stuff written onDS.BB back in the day was pretty nasty. We’re just more aware of the impact it can have now. Big Brother is different to Love Island. In all the years the show ran originally no one ever harmed themselves afterwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Handing out family photos? They've only been in there two minutes.
I think they did it early because Hallie was in a really bad mood and they needed a morale boost. She mentioned before that she really wants to get the photo

Also, Henry confirmed last night that he’s into Jordan to Kerry. Jordan has said that he’s celibate in the house, and I got the impression that he didn’t fully friendzone Henry

Reactions: 4
Do we know Jordan’s sexuality? I read something on here about channel and him maybe having a thing but I hadn’t seen anything?

Do we know Jordan’s sexuality? I read something on here about channel and him maybe having a thing but I hadn’t seen anything?
He said something like he was “into both” when I think it was Trish said “you’re straight aren’t you” this was a few days back so I can’t remember exact wording but he didn’t use the word bisexual, straight, etc

Reactions: 5
He said something like he was “into both” when I think it was Trish said “you’re straight aren’t you” this was a few days back so I can’t remember exact wording but he didn’t use the word bisexual, straight, etc
He said about liking the best of both 😂 Lad! 😂

Reactions: 2
I was really enjoying it but now I feel a bit deflated! Like others have said it’s all just too rushed! Are they not usually in the house for a whole week before the first eviction? I basically feel like if you don’t watch the live feed, which I don’t, then you end up out of the loop completely! I’m struggling to follow it all and keep up which is making me lose interest ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 11
He said he was into both but he also had a separate conversation about sex being more
Romantic and meaningful with women didn’t he?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The original and best reality show, but having given it a week I wish it hadn't been brought back. It's been ruined and ratings don't lie dropping by two thirds in less than a week from well over two million to just 800 and odd thousand. Some of the things I have hated.....

1) No live launch show.
2) The theme song being a remix and not the original version.
3) Two annoying hosts when the show has only ever needed one.
4) Telling us at the last minute who was up for eviction before we had even seen the nominations.
5) Trying to make out it's diverse because it's got someone in who is missing a limb and someone trans. MAFS has people like that but it's a way more entertaining show.
6) Very few likeable characters.
7) The live audience still doing the annoying whoop.
8) The live audience not being allowed to boo because we apparently do things differently and are more accepting in 2023.
9) No real drama which makes every episode samey.
10) Boring housemates. Anyone who could name all 16 and would recognise them if you saw them out and about in public credit to you.
11) The live eviction dragging for 75 minutes and then the interview not taking place until the after show.
12) No eye candy for us men.
13) The wrong person evicted. Kerryis a poor mans Verne Troyer on her buggy.

I imagine producers are having crisis talks to save the show and ratings because it cannot continue like this for another five weeks and if it does it won't be back that's for sure.
Spot on couldn’t have put it better myself.

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure it's really a fair comparison to look at the effect of Love Island on contestants versus Big Brother. In BB's heyday they may have had forums but you had to search them out more and it was a smaller group of people. Now with Twitter (it'll never be X to me), Instagram and Tiktok the sheer mass of people who can express an opinion that is easily accessible and may even tag the person in question makes it a very different thing.

I cannot imagine say Jade Goody's seasons (either one) in a social media environment like we have today.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.