Big Brother 2023 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I feel like there have been opportunities to discuss a few "controversial"/politicised topics but they have avoided it

- Yinrun's comment about how people in the house haven't been talking to her seems to be very reflective of what a lot of students from China experience. Instead it was sort of glossed over as "oh that's sad"
- People not being understanding of Farida's religion and making some comments that were a bit questionable. It would have been interesting to hear (imo) whether she felt that the producers catered to her needs well too - it was mentioned last night that there is a prayer room - and generally how she felt within the house and whether she felt like there were microaggressions against her (I think a guest was trying to prompt the conversation that way)
- Paul has clearly said a lot of things that haven't been aired
- The comment Farida made to Henry about boarding/private schools and the way he took it was interesting

The diverse cast is obviously there for a reason and some people are there specifically to cause some tension with other people. Yet it seems that a lot of this tension is not being shown in full or at all - someone pointed out that it was mentioned that BB had to remind Kerry of the diversity training they had for example - which sort of makes the diversity of the cast feel a bit pointless imo
I thought it was a bit weird from the start that Farida's intro VT was essentially just about how she's muslim. Almost like the editors don't know any muslims so found it such a novelty to focus on, which then seemed to be reflected in them using up time in the programme to show her praying and the discussions about halal food/not drinking alcohol. As someone who lives and works in very multicultural areas, it's so run-of-the-mill to me that I found it weird for them to focus on it so much - a bit 'othering'. It was something I'd expect to see in the early 2000s, just with the 2020s awareness that you shouldn't talk tit about it. I wasn't remotely a Farida fan and am glad she's gone (although I'd have preferred to lose Kerry first), but the way she was treated made me quite uncomfortable.

Reactions: 21
Almost like the editors don't know any muslims so found it such a novelty to focus on, which then seemed to be reflected in them using up time in the programme to show her praying and the discussions about halal food/not drinking alcohol.
The praying shot was weird given that it's now been confirmed that there is a praying room for her. Though I'd be interested to know how they worked around telling her when it's time to pray (as she obviously wouldn't know the time), especially in the mornings when the housemates would probably be sleeping

I think the food conversation on the first day was initiated by the producers but it sort of made sense as presumably if someone disagreed with eating halal meat they'd have to consider that within the budget. Communal cooking is also a consideration as part of that - I think she did offer to make people food

The alcohol discussion did seem more natural as she rightfully pointed out that when everyone gets alcohol she doesn't get an alternative and should have a nice beverage to enjoy. I don't think they buy their own alcohol though so the suggestion was more that BB expects their shopping budget to cover that? A bit manufactured if so

I think it was expected that some discussions would come up about this based on them just throwing people in to live together 🤷‍♀️

Some of the VTs could have definitely been done better. All I know about Trish is that she's an immigrant and a feminist and left leaning. I think Zak's also focused on the immigrant stuff but he has talked about it a fair bit (at least on live streams) about that and how it has shaped him as a person. It's a bit amusing when you compare it to Hallie's VT where she didn't mention she was trans at all and you got more of an idea of the kind of person she is

Reactions: 1
I only watch the highlights show, I watch it the next day after work as I’m usually in bed early 😂 But I feel like they’re not really highlighting the best stuff - half the things I know about the contestants I’ve found out through the chat on here about the live show etc ! Just showing the task the last few days has been boring.
Yes! Exactly what I was going to post. I avoid the late show cause I can't stand AJ, but I feel the highlights show is showing "filler" and it's the late show that has all the "main", if that makes sense lol

Reactions: 2
Is it not on tonight? I thought bb was on every night, I know love island is never on a Saturday but that’s because they have a day off filming where as bb don’t

Reactions: 4
I loved BBBM and bit on the side but late and live is too boring for me. The audience seems mute
Controversial , but I absolutely loved BBOTS when Russell Brand hosted it. It used to be absolute chaos, the audience and panelist’s weren’t afraid to give their opinion , and Russell really hyped them up

Reactions: 28
Really wanted Kerry to go last night! Farida didn’t seem to realise she was getting on people’s nerves, so I think we would have seen more of that as it went on. Kerry is just spiteful and two faced which isn’t as fun for me really.

Excited to see post-eviction though, the first one always changes the dynamic of the house up!

Reactions: 13
Kerry reminds me of so many condescending witches I’ve met in my lifetime. Yeah Farida was annoying but gotta love her zest for life!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I love him ❤

He is so dry and so deadpan but comes out with some hilarious quotes.
He reminds me so much of someone I know who is neurodivergent and while frustrating at times he is a wonderful human who will tell you like it is
yep, I’m also neurodivergent (autism) and I definitely get this vibe from Jordan. I think he’s hilarious!

Reactions: 13
I just caught up on the eviction and I can't cope with the amount of crying Kerry does. 😭

Reactions: 11
What channel is it on tonight? I’m finding it so confusing with the channels always changing and I’ve still never found the live stream 😭

Reactions: 3
I’m glad Garuda has gone her teeth and voice really grate on me , and boy was I wrong about liking Kerri. What a whinging bleep
---
Also does olivia have asian heritage

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.