Big Brother 2023 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The original and best reality show, but having given it a week I wish it hadn't been brought back. It's been ruined and ratings don't lie dropping by two thirds in less than a week from well over two million to just 800 and odd thousand. Some of the things I have hated.....

1) No live launch show.
2) The theme song being a remix and not the original version.
3) Two annoying hosts when the show has only ever needed one.
4) Telling us at the last minute who was up for eviction before we had even seen the nominations.
5) Trying to make out it's diverse because it's got someone in who is missing a limb and someone trans. MAFS has people like that but it's a way more entertaining show.
6) Very few likeable characters.
7) The live audience still doing the annoying whoop.
8) The live audience not being allowed to boo because we apparently do things differently and are more accepting in 2023.
9) No real drama which makes every episode samey.
10) Boring housemates. Anyone who could name all 16 and would recognise them if you saw them out and about in public credit to you.
11) The live eviction dragging for 75 minutes and then the interview not taking place until the after show.
12) No eye candy for us men.
13) The wrong person evicted. Kerryis a poor mans Verne Troyer on her buggy.

I imagine producers are having crisis talks to save the show and ratings because it cannot continue like this for another five weeks and if it does it won't be back that's for sure.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
The original and best reality show, but having given it a week I wish it hadn't been brought back. It's been ruined and ratings don't lie dropping by two thirds in less than a week from well over two million to just 800 and odd thousand. Some of the things I have hated.....

1) No live launch show.
2) The theme song being a remix and not the original version.
3) Two annoying hosts when the show has only ever needed one.
4) Telling us at the last minute who was up for eviction before we had even seen the nominations.
5) Trying to make out it's diverse because it's got someone in who is missing a limb and someone trans. MAFS has people like that but it's a way more entertaining show.
6) Very few likeable characters.
7) The live audience still doing the annoying whoop.
8) The live audience not being allowed to boo because we apparently do things differently and are more accepting in 2023.
9) No real drama which makes every episode samey.
10) Boring housemates. Anyone who could name all 16 and would recognise them if you saw them out and about in public credit to you.
11) The live eviction dragging for 75 minutes and then the interview not taking place until the after show.
12) No eye candy for us men.
13) The wrong person evicted. Kerryis a poor mans Verne Troyer on her buggy.

I imagine producers are having crisis talks to save the show and ratings because it cannot continue like this for another five weeks and if it does it won't be back that's for sure.
Agree with you on so many of these. Last nights episode was a bit off (not the house parts, loved the drama) but the hosts & the lack of interview just felt very flat. After watching an hour already I don’t always fancy the after show tbh but wanted to hear Farida’s thoughts.

Reactions: 8
The main reason it’s failing is that it’s all just too rushed. 36 episodes is rubbish. Even the first ever series was over 50 episodes, and over 90 at its peak. The beauty of BB was that it was always a slow burner and took a couple of weeks to really get going. The contestants got institutionalised and it was fascinating watching some of them change for the better and relationships develop. There’s just not going to be any time for that. Also, way too many Ads on ITV.

Reactions: 30
The main reason it’s failing is that it’s all just too rushed. 36 episodes is rubbish. Even the first ever series was over 50 episodes, and over 90 at its peak. The beauty of BB was that it was always a slow burner and took a couple of weeks to really get going. The contestants got institutionalised and it was fascinating watching some of them change for the better and relationships develop. There’s just not going to be any time for that. Also, way too many Ads on ITV.
Completely agree! If you look back at past series, I'd say in the vast majority of them the person who would have won if the show had ended in week 6 is totally different to the person who actually ended up winning.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I've watched BB from the start, thought I'd give this ago, gave it a week, but am out,
Really don't like the presenters
Why one nomination? That was weird
Don't like how the tasks are taking over most of the episodes, I like normal stuff, the waking up, making a cuppa etc
The 2 controversial housemates up for first noms, it'll end up in with folks who get on which is boring
I want to hear to hear the boos at eviction night, but what's happened there?
Wanted to see the shopping arrive,
I was secretly hoping it was going to be like the good old days, but nope, it's crap!

Reactions: 12
I've watched BB from the start, thought I'd give this ago, gave it a week, but am out,
Really don't like the presenters
Why one nomination? That was weird
Don't like how the tasks are taking over most of the episodes, I like normal stuff, the waking up, making a cuppa etc
The 2 controversial housemates up for first noms, it'll end up in with folks who get on which is boring
I want to hear to hear the boos at eviction night, but what's happened there?
Wanted to see the shopping arrive,
I was secretly hoping it was going to be like the good old days, but nope, it's crap!
I should have added one nomination to my list. Look at all the issues with shopping because people don't eat or like something. Whatever the budget was divide it by sixteen and people can all make their own personal stash last a week. Simple and no need to argue over it. If this series was as long as previous ones it would need a completely new cast.

Reactions: 4
I should have added one nomination to my list. Look at all the issues with shopping because people don't eat or like something. Whatever the budget was divide it by sixteen and people can all make their own personal stash last a week. Simple and no need to argue over it. If this series was as long as previous ones it would need a completely new cast.
I've given up, must be the signs of the time! I felt like they all they all really didn't try in the task, none of them didn't give a duck!

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure if it’s because of how long it’s been gone but the change from 5 to itv seems bigger than 4 to 5. Just small things that made BB feel like BB

Reactions: 2
On the live stream it sounds like there may have been some discussions about transgender people between Henry and Trish but it’s been coded

• Wow
Was there no episode today?
I read it wouldnt be on Saturdays. So we lose a day or are behind even more? It's so annoying the original was way better, I can't stream the love from republic of Ireland.

I also can't believe it's only on for 6 weeks and miss the fact it used to be on for the whole summer.
Oh and miss the chalk board for doing the shopping list!!!!

Reactions: 5
I read it wouldnt be on Saturdays. So we lose a day or are behind even more? It's so annoying the original was way better, I can't stream the love from republic of Ireland.

I also can't believe it's only on for 6 weeks and miss the fact it used to be on for the whole summer
I was thinking this. Either Sunday’s show needs to fit both Friday and Saturday somehow or they’ll just show from after Friday’s eviction and what happened Saturday

I was thinking this. Either Sunday’s show needs to fit both Friday and Saturday somehow or they’ll just show from after Friday’s eviction and what happened Saturday
That's so odd, I remember the eviction night episodes and they were some of the best so if they are ditching a housemates last day that will be bad.

You guys move so fast I was on page 23 yesterday and now there’s a new thread 🤣😱

• Haha
What do you mean ?
It was a weird conversation about waking up and believing you’re a toaster. Henry saw it as delusional and didn’t agree that Trish would support it instead of telling him to get mental help or something

If you replaced toaster with trans it made a lot more sense

It was a weird conversation about waking up and believing you’re a toaster. Henry saw it as delusional and didn’t agree that Trish would support it instead of telling him to get mental help or something

If you replaced toaster with trans it made a lot more sense
That does make sense I never thought of it like that

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.