Beyond skincare - cosmetic gadgets and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading this thread with interest but just wanted to say, please don't spend £185.00 on the Jillian Dempsey gold sculpting bar. You will get exactly the same results with a £20 version from Amazon or wherever. In fact the cheaper generic versions pre-date hers. She just made a high-end gold plated version of a cheapo Asian beauty tool that's been around for ages, rather than the cheapo brands copying her if you know what I mean. You'd just be paying for the gold plate and her Hollywood friends' endorsement.
I Thank you! I will take this on board, I’m one of those gullible people who do like to buy into the hype and celebrity endorsement 😬😊 I have seen a Skin Gym one on Current Body though for £49 so will take another look at that. Thank you I do appreciate the advice X

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Oh my! I’ve have only now read through this entire thread and I am feeling very lost amongst all the references to gadgets!

Evidently I will need to do some research 🧐

Reactions: 4
Oh my! I’ve have only now read through this entire thread and I am feeling very lost amongst all the references to gadgets!

Evidently I will need to do some research 🧐
I was the same! Still learning but it’s really interesting and I feel like I’m a bit more empowered now at making choices that might help me age better!

Going to see my dermatologist today. I'm toying with the idea of botox into my masseter (aka jaw botox). Has anyone else had it done? Was it worth it? My face has got wider with age. I bruise very easily, like a peach, so I'm very happy to hide behind a mask until my botox bruising has gone 🙈🙈

Wow that's interesting. I'd have thought that the whole point of medical grade LED was that you had a medical professional there to supervise and ensure safety
The Light Salon Boost and Current Body are both the FaceLite, simply rebadged. They look identical apart from superficial markings. They're the home use version manufactured by the makers of Omnilux professional machines which have accreditation in the US. Andy Millward talked about it a while ago but i can't find that exact post. This article gives some info.

Reactions: 6
So I’ve had a bad day- got lash extensions for the first time pre lockdown and then just before lockdown I had an infill. Just removed some makeup to find the bloody things had fallen out and worse still my natural lashes are TERRIBLE ie verging on bald so going to have to wear falsies to preserve my dignity. Other than never having this treatment again, does anyone have any tips on lash growth?

• Sad
So I’ve had a bad day- got lash extensions for the first time pre lockdown and then just before lockdown I had an infill. Just removed some makeup to find the bloody things had fallen out and worse still my natural lashes are TERRIBLE ie verging on bald so going to have to wear falsies to preserve my dignity. Other than never having this treatment again, does anyone have any tips on lash growth?
Sorry to hear that :( I swear by Revitalash. You should notice a difference in about a month. Not cheap but works out cheaper than extensions in the long run

Reactions: 3
I use Rapidlash. Works well for me. I used it nightly for about three months and now use it a couple of times a week.

I too had a bad experience with lash extensions. They didn't ruin my lashes but just didn't last - started coming off after just a few days. No lasting harm just a waste of money.

Reactions: 2
does anyone have any tips on lash growth?
Quick vote for UKLash. They did have 30% off for BF but you can save £ by signing up to their mailing list if that is over. It took a while to work for me but after 12 weeks the results were noticeable. Also a bit cheaper than some of the others so less expensive if you don’t get on with it.

Did your make up remover contain oil or fat? Oil/fat dissolves the glue that attaches them.

I had eyelash extensions once, they did damage my eyelashes a lot, just from wear and tear of the pressure at the point they were attached to the lash. I think you have to be very careful when wearing them to not rub your eyes or create any friction or damage.

Hair is a build up of dead cells, there is nothing you can do to make it grow faster. They'll be back to normal in 6-8 weeks, and theyll start looking better in 3-4 weeks :)

Thank you ladies for all the advice, I shall try out a good lash serum and just pick up a pair of falsies if I feel very insecure about it. Mine did start to fall out the day after the appt and continued to do so the whole time. My lash tech said it was normal and part of the lash cycle. I didn’t have the best natural lashes to start with but I think the extensions have probably made them worse so I won’t be having the treatment again. It’s also a lot easier with makeup/skincare because I’m pretty sure mine are oil based 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

I got extensions for a period of about 6 months but I never will again. Far too many downsides

Not being able to use oil in that area
Not being able to use liquid liner or eyeshadow
The bore of getting them replaced regularly
The expense
Eyelashes falling off and ending up on my cheek
Having to avoid getting them wet for the first 48 hours. My eyes never really felt clean with them on
The worry that long term it was probably damaging

They did look amazing at first but just far too many downsides

Revitalash makes a huge difference, it's not just a matter of growing back the lashes you lost, it will actually lengthen your lashes too. They look amazing with mascara now

Reactions: 5
I got extensions for a period of about 6 months but I never will again. Far too many downsides

Not being able to use oil in that area
Not being able to use liquid liner or eyeshadow
The bore of getting them replaced regularly
The expense
Eyelashes falling off and ending up on my cheek
Having to avoid getting them wet for the first 48 hours. My eyes never really felt clean with them on
The worry that long term it was probably damaging

They did look amazing at first but just far too many downsides

Revitalash makes a huge difference, it's not just a matter of growing back the lashes you lost, it will actually lengthen your lashes too. They look amazing with mascara now
I used to have a lash and lift and was persuaded to try extensions by my lash tech. As you say they do look amazing but honestly the effect on my own natural lashes has been terrible and will probably take some time to repair 😞

Apparently the lash serums work by making the lashes stay in the follicle for a bit longer, so they continue to grow rather than falling out at their normal stage of the cycle.

Sorry to hear about your lashes! I had them done once too and never again. I second RapidLash, I've been using it for years and have really long lashes. Have dabbled with other brands in that time but always go back to RapidLash. Use it consistently and you will see results x

Sorry to hear about your lashes! I had them done once too and never again. I second RapidLash, I've been using it for years and have really long lashes. Have dabbled with other brands in that time but always go back to RapidLash. Use it consistently and you will see results x
Thank you 😊 I’ve just got myself some today. Bit of an investment but hopefully it works x

Oh dear reading this thread has made me want a NuFace Mini 😂 I might treat myself after Christmas to one.

I use a jade roller and Gua Sha stone with rose hip oil twice a week. I find it really relaxing and it decreases puffiness for me.

Reactions: 4
Castor oil is cheaper 😂

Has anyone used a heated hair brush with good results? I’ve had my eye on the GHD Glide for ages but never taken the plunge because I’m low maintenance with my hair.

However, I would love to find the holy grail styler which would leave my hair smooth and lightly waved at the end.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.