Beyond skincare - cosmetic gadgets and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you so much, @Aude, I was hoping you might reply! Obviously there’s nothing I can do right now with another lockdown imminent, but I’ll look up Alice H-D to see her before and after pictures, thank you!

By the way, I get how fillers would work in that context, but do you know how exactly putting Botox under the chin helps? It seems counterintuitive to me!

(You don’t happen to know a doctor in London who you’d recommend, do you?
I don't know either how Botox works in that context. I'm told that it can stop muscles from pulling downwards so maybe that's what it's doing there.

Reactions: 2
I was thinking of going with the Project E LED mask, has anyone tried it?

@Gembo was so tempted by Aduro but am put off them after their multiple websites

Reactions: 1
I was thinking of going with the Project E LED mask, has anyone tried it?

@Gembo was so tempted by Aduro but am put off them after their multiple websites
I haven’t emailed them about it yet I emailed them about something else. I noticed that all other masks with blue light have 415nm but there’s is 470 or something like that so I’m waiting to hear from them. I showed my husband their websites, he builds websites and is quite good with this sort of thing and he looked into where the websites are registered etc and he thinks that the mask is an Aduro mask but it can be bought by anyone to sell, and it looks like more than one person/company has bought the mask to resell. That’s how I understand it anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️I haven’t ruled it out I still think it’s a good mask based on reviews but I’m waiting for their email reply

Interestingly I was looking at Alice Hart Davis Instagram this morning and she has done a review of the Dermalux Flex. Bit out of my price range atm unfortunately but reading her comments she said from May next year all home LED will have to be the same standard as medical grade and anything that’s not will be removed from the market which I think is a great thing. I’m definitely interested in LED there’s so much to support it. For now I’m going to stick with my Current Body and see.

Wow that's interesting. I'd have thought that the whole point of medical grade LED was that you had a medical professional there to supervise and ensure safety

I used this again tonight and I like it- I only use it on my nose as that's congested and now my nose feels a lot smoother afterwards, if a bit red but I guess that's normal. There was a little bit of gunk again but nothing alarming. It's still only my second time. Looking forward to trying it again and I'm excited to hear how it goes for you!
I used it and thought it was brilliant - my nose must be disgusting compared to yours 😂 tbh, my only gripe with my skin is the sebaceous filaments and they are really bad. it’s made such a difference, I’ve started doing a 2% salicylic mask then using the dermaplane and it’s helped so much!

Wow that's interesting. I'd have thought that the whole point of medical grade LED was that you had a medical professional there to supervise and ensure safety
I think LED is considered very safe for home use but I just read what she wrote again and her words were if they don’t stand up to medical scrutiny they will be cleared off the marker, from next May light treatment will fall under medical device regulation, they’ll need to prove their credentials and that they actually work.

I think this is a great thing, can buy with so much more confidence! 😃

I used it and thought it was brilliant - my nose must be disgusting compared to yours 😂 tbh, my only gripe with my skin is the sebaceous filaments and they are really bad. it’s made such a difference, I’ve started doing a 2% salicylic mask then using the dermaplane and it’s helped so much!
So happy to hear it's working for you! I had a blackhead on my nose which has been obliterated. I also have sebaceous filaments so will keep plugging away with the tool

Has anyone any experience of - or thoughts on - home radio frequency devices for the face?

I've got one called Sensilift. Unlike my other home devices (Nuface, LED mask, micro-needling) I've never got into a routine with this one. I forgot about it for a while, then started using it and thought it was quite good. But then I asked my Botox doctor about radio frequency and he said it was used to reduce fat - which I certainly don't want to do on my face - so I stopped using it (even though I'm not convinced he's correct - at least not as far as this device is concerned).

Now, however, I see from the Telegraph that one of Trinny's six 'all-time favourite products' is an RF device called Newa. She says 'It’s my favourite beauty tool – I use it twice a week and it helps to plump my skin.' I take note of what Trinny says because I think a) she looks great and b) doesn't have commercial relationships with brands (as far as I know).

I have really really dark bags under my eyes, it's one of my main concerns. Does anyone have any recommendations? I read someone's review of the tear trough filler on this thread so I'm put off by that now!!

Took a punt on the Project E led mask!
This never arrived so I got a refund. Decided to revisit the Aduro mask @Gembo. After research, it turns out they're designed in the Netherlands, produced in China and the Australian sites are distributors.

I ordered the mask today, it was reduced from €338 to €270 plus I got an extra 10% discount with the code. So all in all it ended up only being about €60 more than the Project E one.

The Project E one got great reviews but I've a feeling that in the long run, the needing to lie down while doing the mask might annoy me. At least the Aduro is flexible and I can do stuff with it on

I also liked the idea of the neck attachment on the Project E. But nothing I can do now, the decision was made for me when it never arrived!

Reactions: 4
There are a couple of Trinny things that I thought might be interesting.

First, on her IGTV - a few days ago - she talks about her favourite skincare tools.

Then, on her YouTube there's a lengthy discussion with Alice Hart-Davis about 'How to tackle sagging jowls' which covers both tools and procedures. I think both of them are pretty reliable sources of information. I like AH-D - my only quibble is that she seems to be a bit too positive about everything. I'd rather if, from time to time, she said 'I tried this but the result was disappointing'.

Reactions: 5
This never arrived so I got a refund. Decided to revisit the Aduro mask @Gembo. After research, it turns out they're designed in the Netherlands, produced in China and the Australian sites are distributors.

I ordered the mask today, it was reduced from €338 to €270 plus I got an extra 10% discount with the code. So all in all it ended up only being about €60 more than the Project E one.

The Project E one got great reviews but I've a feeling that in the long run, the needing to lie down while doing the mask might annoy me. At least the Aduro is flexible and I can do stuff with it on

I also liked the idea of the neck attachment on the Project E. But nothing I can do now, the decision was made for me when it never arrived!
Excellent, please let me know how you find it. They’ve still not replied to my email however I’m having some problems with my email account at the moment so it might be related to that as up until that point their replies were really quick. I’m still considering this mask especially for the green light. Would definitely like to know if you’re pleased with it.

Excellent, please let me know how you find it. They’ve still not replied to my email however I’m having some problems with my email account at the moment so it might be related to that as up until that point their replies were really quick. I’m still considering this mask especially for the green light. Would definitely like to know if you’re pleased with it.
I definitely will! They replied to my emails pretty quickly and not long after ordering I got the fed ex shipping number. So excited!

Another thing that the Aduro has that the Project E didn't is infrared. And I'm not sure that the Project E had a programme that ran through all the colours (the daily dose on the Aduro does that)

I definitely will! They replied to my emails pretty quickly and not long after ordering I got the fed ex shipping number. So excited!

Another thing that the Aduro has that the Project E didn't is infrared. And I'm not sure that the Project E had a programme that ran through all the colours (the daily dose on the Aduro does that)
It does look like a really good mask and has glowing reviews, I’m sure I will end up buying it but thinking my next purchase will likely be a Nuface or Myolift. I’m absolutely dedicated to preserving my face since I first read this thread 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It does look like a really good mask and has glowing reviews, I’m sure I will end up buying it but thinking my next purchase will likely be a Nuface or Myolift. I’m absolutely dedicated to preserving my face since I first read this thread 😄
I've had a Nuface for a few years but I've really enjoyed using it throughout the Coronavirus shitshow. Maybe it's the self care element

I've had a Nuface for a few years but I've really enjoyed using it throughout the Coronavirus shitshow. Maybe it's the self care element
Yep they get great reviews and I think getting one will pay off long term I’ve just got to be strict and make sure I use it I can be so lazy. The LED mask I’ve used pretty much every single day since I got it, it’s nice and easy! And I do think my skin has improved. I keep meaning to write here and say that I’ve now seen talk of using green tea with the mask improves the results tenfold. There are studies on it where they have seen a much bigger difference in people using green tea so I bought a green tea serum a few weeks ago and I do think my skins got even better since then. So something to have a look at when you get your mask!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you so much for mentioning the Aduro, @Gembo !

Wow, just got a notification from Fed ex that my package will be delivered tomorrow. How efficient is that

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.