Beyond skincare - cosmetic gadgets and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah thank you so much, and @SqualorVictoria, @mindlessness and @rosemarina you're very kind ❤

Of course, I've put it below under a spoiler so it doesn't take up too much space. Reading back it does seem like a lot of products (the irony) but this is what I stick to these days and I've stopped buying everything that the big skincare names recommend. I think consistency is really key so you can figure out what works, unless of course you have a reaction or your skin hates the product.

AM:
  • Cerave hydrating cleanser (I don't LOVE this cleanser but it's fine for the morning and good value)
  • Jordan Samuel Hydrate Mist
  • Sunday Riley Autocorrect eye cream (I got this as a Christmas gift, not sure I'd repurchase as it's very expensive but would consider it with a discount code)
  • Medik8 vitamin C serum
  • Cerave moisturising lotion
  • Darphin Intral SPF (if I'm leaving the house, that is) - I've tried loads of SPFs, hated most of them but this one suits me very well. It has a tint to it, but that's more to avoid white cast as opposed to providing coverage. The only issue is that the bottle is a tiny 30ml! I got it on offer from Allbeauty.
PM:
I tend to switch products around a bit more with my PM routine. Some nights I'll use an acid, other nights will be retinol.
  • Jordan Samuel Aftershow cleanser (this is the first cleans if I've had SPF/makeup on - if not, I'll skip it and just use the Kate Somerville cleanser)
  • Kate Somerville Goat Milk cleanser (probably my all-time favourite cleanser)
  • Once or twice a week:
    • Oskia Lactic Acid Micro Peel (I got a sample of this ages ago and bought the full size as it worked well for me and didn't irritate my skin, but it's pricey)
    • Medik8 Crystal Retinal (strength number 1 atm)
  • Otherwise - Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair or Clinique Moisture Surge supercharged concentrate
  • Cerave moisturising lotion
I don't exfoliate every night as it's too much for my skin, once or twice a week is enough for me. I've also got the Kate Somerville Delikate serum which I'll use on days my skin is feeling sensitive/a little red, and I sometimes use the Sunday Riley UFO facial oil if I haven't used a retinol or exfoliator. And finally - trying to use my Nuface daily and I'll do a UFO mask once or twice a week!
Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I used my Nuface for the first time today and I really like it, it felt a lot easier to use than the Ziip. There’s not a huge amount in it but I didn’t like having to follow the app with the Ziip, it always got out of sync and because you needed to follow the video every time I got really bored with it. But may go back and try it again sometime.

A question though...what setting do you put the Nuface on? I had it on 3 and couldn’t feel anything, not sure if that’s good or bad as I’ve read conflicting stuff. Put it up to 5 and that was a bit more prickly (think I had a good amount of gel) and I got the metallic taste. Should I be working up to a 5?

Think I can see a slight difference but I know it’s cumulative too so just going to try and stick with it and hope I’ll reap the benefits in 20 years time!

I debated posting this because, well, it's my face.. But I've cropped half of it out, so what the hell. I've been using my UFO once or twice a week since I got it (maybe a month ago?) and trying to do Nuface every day, but sometimes I'm too lazy. No makeup or filters. I've massively cut down on the amount of skincare products I use and sticking to a core set. I do think my skin has been better for it.

Like a lot of us, I used to follow Caroline Hirons, Salí Hughes, the usual suspects.. Spending ridiculous amounts on skincare and never really seeing any results. In all honesty I can say that the UFO and Nuface have really improved my skin and more so than the majority of products I've tried over the years.
Your skin (and you) are beautiful xx

• Heart
I used my Nuface for the first time today and I really like it, it felt a lot easier to use than the Ziip. There’s not a huge amount in it but I didn’t like having to follow the app with the Ziip, it always got out of sync and because you needed to follow the video every time I got really bored with it. But may go back and try it again sometime.

A question though...what setting do you put the Nuface on? I had it on 3 and couldn’t feel anything, not sure if that’s good or bad as I’ve read conflicting stuff. Put it up to 5 and that was a bit more prickly (think I had a good amount of gel) and I got the metallic taste. Should I be working up to a 5?

Think I can see a slight difference but I know it’s cumulative too so just going to try and stick with it and hope I’ll reap the benefits in 20 years time!
I've always - well, perhaps after the first time - used it on the top setting. But I only use the Nuface on my lower face and neck whereas I think the forehead can be a bit more prickly. I'd say use it on the highest setting that is comfortable for that part of the face - so maybe 5 on the lower face and 3 on the forehead. People say that they get quicker/more noticeable results on the forehead/eyebrow area so maybe that evens out.

If I find it gets a bit prickly towards the outer areas - by the hairline - a bit more gel solves the problem.

Good luck with it. I've been using mine for over two years now and would replace it immediately if it stopped working.

I’m sitting on my hands for a few months now! I’ve got my UFO and a tonne of masks and that’s plenty to be getting on with. I’ll happily keep reading here and might put something on my birthday / Christmas list. The only thing I might be tempted to buy for myself is a Luna, one of the less expensive ones - but not just yet, and I’ll wait for an offer.
I am the same! I’ve got a massive wish list but can’t afford any of it....very tempted by the Luna!

Reactions: 4
I've always - well, perhaps after the first time - used it on the top setting. But I only use the Nuface on my lower face and neck whereas I think the forehead can be a bit more prickly. I'd say use it on the highest setting that is comfortable for that part of the face - so maybe 5 on the lower face and 3 on the forehead. People say that they get quicker/more noticeable results on the forehead/eyebrow area so maybe that evens out.

If I find it gets a bit prickly towards the outer areas - by the hairline - a bit more gel solves the problem.

Good luck with it. I've been using mine for over two years now and would replace it immediately if it stopped working.
Thank you, I will use it again today, I think it was more prickly on the forehead but was a bit tingly on my cheek on the highest setting. It might take me some time to work out what’s best, I just don’t want to be doing the wrong thing with it. I’m sure I read somewhere that twitching or prickling can mean you’re using too much current which can be counterproductive but I can’t find where I read that now. Also don’t want to be using it too low and it’s doing nothing. Really pleased to have it now though and have started!

I may be a wimp as I normally go for the first or second nu face setting. I use it with face moisturiser rather than the gel, so maybe that affects my sensitivity? I just can't be arsed with the gels.

Reactions: 1
@mindlessness I slather aloe Vera gel on quite thickly so I definitely think that helps with sensitivity
I used the gel it came with yesterday and my skin has been feeling really soft since! I bought an extra bottle of it when I ordered the Nuface but I will try the aloe vera too

@Badabing101 I think its the texture for me? I don't like gel formulas. Should just deal with it though, the tube is sitting almost untouched in my medicine cabinet so I should at least use it up!

I don’t think I’ll buy anything else for a while as I want to get into a routine now with what I’ve got but I think the next thing on my radar to look into is the Newa or any equivalent to it.

Just to let you all know - when I bought those extra masks from the Foreo site in the Easter sale using Amazon pay, the website said £30.38, but showed as $30.38 on the Amazon pay email and has gone through as £22.67 on my card statement 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Ooh, and no extra charges for converting from a foreign currency?
Not that I can see. I’ve checked my card statement thoroughly and can’t see anything - I went back to when I bought the UFO as that was in a previous month and there’s nothing I can see. I can’t understand it?

They’ll probably catch up with me a whack me with a massive fine or something when they find out! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.