Beyond skincare - cosmetic gadgets and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I may be a wimp as I normally go for the first or second nu face setting. I use it with face moisturiser rather than the gel, so maybe that affects my sensitivity? I just can't be arsed with the gels.
The instructions are to use it with a conductive gel and I'm not sure that it really works without. I agree though, applying and then removing the gel isn't my favourite part of the Nuface experience.

Reactions: 3
The instructions are to use it with a conductive gel and I'm not sure that it really works without. I agree though, applying and then removing the gel isn't my favourite part of the Nuface experience.
Interestingly I’ve still been seeing results with just a thick-ish layer of a neutral moisturiser and using a lower setting. But shall experiment more.

Reactions: 1
Morning all, I’m now a few weeks in with my bear mini and I’m struggling not to feel disappointed. The initial difference it made with my rosacea has stayed and that’s fantastic, but when I watched all the videos of people trying the bear out on their faces before I bought it, you could notice a real lift on the side of their face that they trialled it on - for me, I’ve had no lift at all. Am wondering if there’s nothing to lift?!!! I saw my lady who tattoos my eyebrows last week and asked her if I should have Botox for my hooded eyelids and she suggested I hold off for a couple of years cos they’re really not that bad so maybe I’m just making a bigger deal out of my face then I need to?!!

Look at it this way, it's a cumulative effect so there will be benefits long term even if they're not as tangible now. I think the Bear has stronger microcurrent than the mini so maybe that's why it's not as dramatic but again the cumulative effect will pay off and it's great that it's helping your rosacea.

My Tripollar Pose is on the way

I also got my UFO masks today, the free ones expire in July and August so that's pretty good

Reactions: 5
My Tripollar Pose is on the way

I also got my UFO masks today, the free ones expire in July and August so that's pretty good
Oh I’m pleased about the later expiry date on those free masks, I was thinking it could be April again - they must have given those to all of us last time round 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
@SqualorVictoria hey I was just wondering how you’re getting on with your Bear? I’d totally forgotten about it when I bought the Nuface and now wondering if I should have gone for that? Will stick with the Nuface though obviously as I’ve just bought it but still curious about the Bear X

I think you made the right choice with the NuFace. I like using the bear and my skin feels great after it but I think the Nuface is better

I think you made the right choice with the NuFace. I like using the bear and my skin feels great after it but I think the Nuface is better
That’s good to know! I’m really enjoying it so far and it’s not feeling like too much of a chore, I definitely prefer it to the Ziip. The Bear is so cute though!

Not quite skincare but has anyone got the Phillips hair removal laser??? Tempted to try laser removal because I haaaaate shaving but no idea if it’s worth the ££.

Which one? The IPL/Lumea sort? They're very good as long as you use them. (They're no good if either your skin is dark or your hair is pale, though.)

Which one? The IPL/Lumea sort? They're very good as long as you use them. (They're no good if either your skin is dark or your hair is pale, though.)
Yeah that’s the one! I’m pale with dark hair so I think it should work. Might treat myself at the end of the month. If it means I can go longer than a day without shaving then it’ll be worth the cost 😂

They are really good, but a bit of a ball ache to use. I started using one a few years ago and then stopped for a while, and I still have pretty much no underarm hair, and the hair on my legs is very sparse. I recommend watching something rubbish at the same time as you're doing the legs as they take ages! (That said, I think some of the newer ones are quicker to use because you can just zoom them up your leg in a long stroke, whereas with mine you have to position it carefully, zap, then lift it up and place it carefully back down right next to where you were before, then zap again, etc.)

You have to avoid areas with freckles or moles, by the way. You'll know about I if you hit any :D.

I prefer the Smoothskin Pure I’ve had really good results with that.

They are really good, but a bit of a ball ache to use. I started using one a few years ago and then stopped for a while, and I still have pretty much no underarm hair, and the hair on my legs is very sparse. I recommend watching something rubbish at the same time as you're doing the legs as they take ages! (That said, I think some of the newer ones are quicker to use because you can just zoom them up your leg in a long stroke, whereas with mine you have to position it carefully, zap, then lift it up and place it carefully back down right next to where you were before, then zap again, etc.)

You have to avoid areas with freckles or moles, by the way. You'll know about I if you hit any :D.
I prefer the Smoothskin Pure I’ve had really good results with that.
Thank you both. Will have a proper look into them if you think they’re worth it!! Shaving is my least favourite thing to do😂

I've had a full device session tonight - NuFace for 15 minutes and UFO Glow Mask (1 left before they expire on the 19th). I also used my Estee Lauder ANR and Olay regenerist night cream (really like this). I feel glowing!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've had a full device session tonight - NuFace for 15 minutes and UFO Glow Mask (1 left before they expire on the 19th). I also used my Estee Lauder ANR and Olay regenerist night cream (really like this). I feel glowing!
I used my Current Body mask and Nuface tonight and I really think my skin looked so much better afterwards 😊 I’m really excited by the Nuface!

Reactions: 3
I’ve just tried youth junkie for the first time - hands down my favourite. Oh my days!

also current body have deals on this weekend - decent money off nuface, the fix is down to £115!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.