Beyond skincare - cosmetic gadgets and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will!

I've also decided to get the Current Body LED mask, hopefully there will be Black Friday discounts

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I will!

I've also decided to get the Current Body LED mask, hopefully there will be Black Friday discounts
I bought one, I was too impatient for Black Friday and I’d just finished a course of Dermalux so I really wanted to stay on top of that. So far I’m loving it, I do think my skin looks a bit clearer and it really relaxes me when I use it. I have just heard about the Aduro mask though which is the same price, give that one a look as I’m kind of wishing I had got that one now due to it having more colours!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Oh I totally want that one now! Thank you!
Julia Roberts posted a picture of herself wearing one on her insta...if it’s good enough for her! Contemplating selling mine at some point to get the Aduro as I think I could benefit from the clearing and red reducing colours.

I love the idea of doing different programmes based on the needs of your skin at the time. It's making it so much easier to justify the investment

Have you thought about having LVL for your lashes? It’s a good alternative to extensions, especially if you have good natural lashes.
Thanks, that's good to know.

Many years ago I had my eyelashes permed. It used a very mini version of the type of hair roller used to perm hair. I ended up with really curly eyelashes - which were fine but I'm not sure it enhanced my appearance - I just looked like a person with really curly eyelashes.

I think LVL uses a different technique, probably giving a more natural result.

I love the idea of doing different programmes based on the needs of your skin at the time. It's making it so much easier to justify the investment
Not sure if this Telegraph article is behind a paywall:

The gist of the article is in the headline. It includes talk of a £2,000 LED mask (by Lyma) but notes that other, cheaper, versions are likely to become available.

Last edited:
So I'm thinking of asking for the nuface for christmas based on this thread 🤦‍♀️

Is it worth getting the proper one so you can get the attachments, what results have people seen using it?

Thanks, that's good to know.

Many years ago I had my eyelashes permed. It used a very mini version of the type of hair roller used to perm hair. I ended up with really curly eyelashes - which were fine but I'm not sure it enhanced my appearance - I just looked like a person with really curly eyelashes.

I think LVL uses a different technique, probably giving a more natural result.
It’s definitely worth a go - I do LVL (I’m a beauty therapist) and the results are amazing. You can lift even very small/fine lashes but if your natural lashes are in good condition you get even better results.

Plus if you don’t want them to look too “curly” then there are different options for how much of a curl you go for too.

Has anyone tried the dermaflash dermapore? I'm pretty happy with my skin except for some sebaceous filaments, I've heard good things. Have also just read about the method on reddit for removing these, but have also been told the only thing that really helps is facials. Any advice/recommendations appreciated!
I used this again tonight and I like it- I only use it on my nose as that's congested and now my nose feels a lot smoother afterwards, if a bit red but I guess that's normal. There was a little bit of gunk again but nothing alarming. It's still only my second time. Looking forward to trying it again and I'm excited to hear how it goes for you!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
So I'd decided I was going to treat myself to the Aduro. However, I then noticed that there was a €22 flat rate shipping fee (I'm not in the UK) and when it took me to paypal it appears there was another €14 slapped on, presumably paypay fees or something. I decided not to proceed

So I'd decided I was going to treat myself to the Aduro. However, I then noticed that there was a €22 flat rate shipping fee (I'm not in the UK) and when it took me to paypal it appears there was another €14 slapped on, presumably paypay fees or something. I decided not to proceed
Oh really?! I haven’t purchased one yet but I am really thinking about it but was trying to wait to see if there are any Black Friday deals. I tried putting in the code aduro10 the other day and it did work so don’t know whether that discount will be enough to balance it back out? Promise I’m in no way affiliated, in their FAQ there is a question asking about discount codes and if you press the link it gives you that one x

• Heart
Okay I figured out the issue. There appears to be two sites:

And a UK one: https://aduroledmask.co.uk The Instagram page told me the UK one was the one to use!
Oh I didn’t realise that! Glad you figured it out I wonder why there’s 2. I shall take a look!

The discount works on the .com one but not the UK one. I'm worried the UK one is a scam as the shipping cost is high

The discount works on the .com one but not the UK one. I'm worried the UK one is a scam as the shipping cost is high
You might be right the UK website doesn’t look quite as good and the only way I can see to contact them is through an online form, no email or phone number. I just checked on YouTube some of the videos that people have done reviewing the mask and they all link .com. They aren’t people in the UK but I did look at the .com site and they have an email address and a phone number so I would think they are more likely the real thing. I might email them and ask.

Ok, it’s time for my shameful question. I’ve always had quite a weak chin, but lately I’ve noticed that I’ve got a full-on *large* double chin that’s clearly visible when I hold my head normally.

I think a tiny bit of the cause is probably weight gain, but my weight is roughly the same as it was a year ago, and the chin thing is new. I’m in my early 40s and can’t seem to lose weight, so I don’t think that’s the answer sadly, and I’m on the smaller side otherwise. I assume some of this is just straightforward sagging, because if I pull the skin on my cheeks up a little, the problem mostly goes away.

I think this is beyond toning gadgets and creams. Can I get it removed? (I know now is not the time as there’s a pandemic, but this is REALLY getting me down.) Any other suggestions? Would some sort of fillers help? (I don’t want to get the Caroline Hirons look 😀.)

Thank you.

Reactions: 2
@rosemarina, I'd say that the first thing to establish - and you'd probably need a cosmetic doctor to advise - is whether the cause is fat or sagging (or possibly a combination of both).

If the primary cause is fat under the chin/jawline, my understanding is that there are two types of treatment: fat dissolving injections or fat freezing/heating. I haven't had either treatment but they have both been around for a couple of years now. I think there's swelling, bruising and soreness with both methods and I think they both require more than one treatment. As with everything, results aren't guaranteed and vary from person to person.

If the cause is sagging (skin laxity plus everything just migrating southwards), I think the main treatment that would be recommended is a skin tightening laser/radio frequency treatment. Some years ago I had both Ultherapy and Thermage (not sure if that's still aorund). Both were incredibly painful and expensive (£000s) and I'm not sure they made a difference - although the results are supposed to take several months to develop. However, these machines are developing all the time and are probably now more effective and less painful than they were 5+ years ago. If I were to go for that sort of thing again, I'd probably choose Morpheus8.

I think filler along the jaw line might help. Alice Hart Davies got a really sharp jawline after filler treatment by Dr Tapan Patel. Filler could also be injected into the chin if a 'weak chin' is part of the cause. Filler seems to last about 9 months, maybe longer, depending on the person.

When I have my regular Botox, my doctor injects under the jawline and it does seem to help. That, plus regular use of my NuFace is all I'm currently doing for my jawline.

As ever, the important thing is to go to cosmetic doctor who will give you a fair assessment, is up-to-date on the latest techniques and can offer a range of options. Most will charge (£00s) for a consultation but some don't. In my experience whether they charge for a consultation, and the amount they charge, is no indication of how good they are.

Thank you so much, @Aude, I was hoping you might reply! Obviously there’s nothing I can do right now with another lockdown imminent, but I’ll look up Alice H-D to see her before and after pictures, thank you!

By the way, I get how fillers would work in that context, but do you know how exactly putting Botox under the chin helps? It seems counterintuitive to me!

(You don’t happen to know a doctor in London who you’d recommend, do you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.