Beyond skincare - cosmetic gadgets and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Trinity is only worth getting if you're going to buy and use the attachments. Otherwise its not worth the extra money

Is it the Current Body skin LED mask that people are referring to? I can’t see a Nu Face LED mask. Really interested in these products, hadn’t heard of them before so finding it a bit confusing at the moment trying to figure out which is which 😬

Reactions: 1
That's good to hear, I don't think I want to spend on the more expensive device but considering getting a mini. How long have you been using it?
About 2 months I think. I figured that I would spend that on face creams and serums etc that generally don’t do that much - I’ve simplified my routine down to cleanse, moisturise in the morning and the same in the evening but with tretinoin at night.

Is it the Current Body skin LED mask that people are referring to? I can’t see a Nu Face LED mask. Really interested in these products, hadn’t heard of them before so finding it a bit confusing at the moment trying to figure out which is which 😬
The Nuface Led is an attachment on the Trinity. The Current Body LED is the one people are referring to

The Nuface Led is an attachment on the Trinity. The Current Body LED is the one people are referring to
Thank you, I’ve just been doing some reading up on all these products and tempted to take the plunge. Definitely starting to realise I need to start investing in my skin now in the hope that I can age better than I would have!

Reactions: 2
I spent hours yesterday looking at these skin care devices and think I might take the plunge on the Current Body LED mask and the Nu Face. I recently had a course of Dermalux at a salon and did think my skin looked noticeably clearer and brighter. I found a mask that’s around £1,200, looks really good but my husband told me to settle down!

Something else I stumbled upon and wonder if any of you have used is the Jillian Dempsey Gold Sculpting bar? Was a bit skeptical and pulled a face as I was first reading about it but then it went on to say Jennifer Aniston swears by it and that was all they had to say! It actually does look very good, a little bit of indulgence and I watched a few videos on it where they said it feels really nice. That might be one to add to the Christmas wish list!

I spent hours yesterday looking at these skin care devices and think I might take the plunge on the Current Body LED mask and the Nu Face. I recently had a course of Dermalux at a salon and did think my skin looked noticeably clearer and brighter. I found a mask that’s around £1,200, looks really good but my husband told me to settle down!

Something else I stumbled upon and wonder if any of you have used is the Jillian Dempsey Gold Sculpting bar? Was a bit skeptical and pulled a face as I was first reading about it but then it went on to say Jennifer Aniston swears by it and that was all they had to say! It actually does look very good, a little bit of indulgence and I watched a few videos on it where they said it feels really nice. That might be one to add to the Christmas wish list!
@Gembo I also want the Current Body LED mask but I am waiting until next month as apparently they do 40/50% off for Black Friday.

@Gembo I also want the Current Body LED mask but I am waiting until next month as apparently they do 40/50% off for Black Friday.
Ooh! Ok I’ll have a think about that as they have it on offer at the moment for £249 and I’m worried that I might miss that offer if they don’t do one on Black Friday. Thank you for letting me know! x

Ooh! Ok I’ll have a think about that as they have it on offer at the moment for £249 and I’m worried that I might miss that offer if they don’t do one on Black Friday. Thank you for letting me know! x
Looking at their Facebook they have done decent offers every year for it. (y)

Looking at their Facebook they have done decent offers every year for it. (y)
Brilliant thank you I will probably hold off then and wait until then. Hadn’t even thought of Black Friday so thank you for reminding me!

• Heart
Bookmarking a place here to remind myself to post all my devices when I have time. Spoiler: I have a lot!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Okay, here goes!

NuFace Trinity and the LED, ELE attachments as mentioned

NuFace line eraser- makes my eyes look more awake

NuFace body- this is a bit of a bore to use, I should get back into it though

Dennis Gross LED eye mask- brilliant, really like this

Foreo UFO- also love this

Foreo Espada- I have this for the occasional spot I get

Foreo Luna 3- love this. Use it more as a massager than a cleanser. Don't use it every day but I try to incorporate one form of massage a day, whether it's with this or the UFO or Nuface or jade roller

Foreo Iris eye massager- use it occasionally. Prefer other eye stuff

Dermaflash Dermapore- a relatively new addition, used it once. Will see

Braun facial epilator- can't remember the name but this is terrible. Thought it would be a replacement to threading but its beyond useless. Do not buy!

Magnitone lady shaver- brilliant and cheap. Love it

Philips Lumea IPL- worth every penny. A bore to use but so worth it

Slendertone abs- love this and I'm addicted to the sensations. Just stick it on when I watch TV. Disclaimer: not a humble brag but I'm a 6-8 and it's for tightening. Dont think it would work for weight loss

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Okay, here goes!

NuFace Trinity and the LED, ELE attachments as mentioned

NuFace line eraser- makes my eyes look more awake

NuFace body- this is a bit of a bore to use, I should get back into it though

Dennis Gross LED eye mask- brilliant, really like this

Foreo UFO- also love this

Foreo Espada- I have this for the occasional spot I get

Foreo Luna 3- love this. Use it more as a massager than a cleanser. Don't use it every day but I try to incorporate one form of massage a day, whether it's with this or the UFO or Nuface or jade roller

Foreo Iris eye massager- use it occasionally. Prefer other eye stuff

Dermaflash Dermapore- a relatively new addition, used it once. Will see

Braun facial epilator- can't remember the name but this is terrible. Thought it would be a replacement to threading but its beyond useless. Do not buy!

Magnitone lady shaver- brilliant and cheap. Love it

Philips Lumea IPL- worth every penny. A bore to use but so worth it

Slendertone abs- love this and I'm addicted to the sensations. Just stick it on when I watch TV. Disclaimer: not a humble brag but I'm a 6-8 and it's for tightening. Dont think it would work for weight loss
That’s a lot! Is there one you rate above all others? I’ve become a bit obsessed since reading this thread last weekend. I couldn’t wait for Black Friday so I bought the Current Body LED mask, it only came yesterday so have used it once today and will try to use it every day. I’m looking at the Nuface and the Ziip at the moment to buy around Black Friday if they have deals on, I just keep seeing more and more products 😬have been looking at the microneedling devices also and I have my first ever Botox consultation next week. I’m determined to try and age as well as I can, the few lines I’ve been starting to get have really got me down.

Reactions: 2
If I lost all of them the one I'd repurchase is the NuFace. So I'd recommend that above all else. That being said, I haven't used the current body led but I know @Aude is the authority on that!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
There was some talk on the CH thread about eyelash extensions (involving some of my friends from another site @SqualorVictoria and @Skiddidlydaddle) which made me think that extensions - eyelash and hair - might be an appropriate topic for here.

In the past I've had both - and given up on both. I only had eyelash extensions once. I went to a highly recommended practitioner. Having asked for a 'natural' result I could barely see the difference - and given that you can't wear any decent mascara with them, my lashes looked less good than usual. They then started falling out within a few days. In a way I was glad it was a failed experiment because the upkeep would have been ruinous.

Both before and after the eyelash extension experiment, I'd been using Rapidlash with great results. I use it now a few times a week for maintenance.

I kept up with the hair extensions (for thickness not length) for about two years. My hair had got thinner and nothing I'd tried over a couple of years - products or supplements - had helped. I was thrilled at first with the effect of the extensions. I had keratin bonded extensions at first and then moved to tapes. There are pros and cons to both methods.

With both methods you can feel the extensions and after a while they started to irritate me. After I last had the tapes removed it felt so much better that I thought I'd give it a break, but I haven't gone back. In the meantime the supplements seem to have worked and my hair's got thicker. I might possibly have extensions again for a one-off occasion (can't imagine what) but not routinely.

Interestingly, I think beauty writer/influencer Sali Hughes has also moved away from regularly having eyelash and hair extensions. She seemed very loyal to her hair extensions but in recent pics seems to be doing without them.

I do mean to post more on this site but have been very busy .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There was some talk on the CH thread about eyelash extensions (involving some of my friends from another site @SqualorVictoria and @Skiddidlydaddle) which made me think that extensions - eyelash and hair - might be an appropriate topic for here.

In the past I've had both - and given up on both. I only had eyelash extensions once. I went to a highly recommended practitioner. Having asked for a 'natural' result I could barely see the difference - and given that you can't wear any decent mascara with them, my lashes looked less good than usual. They then started falling out within a few days. In a way I was glad it was a failed experiment because the upkeep would have been ruinous.

Both before and after the eyelash extension experiment, I'd been using Rapidlash with great results. I use it now a few times a week for maintenance.
Have you thought about having LVL for your lashes? It’s a good alternative to extensions, especially if you have good natural lashes.

I’ve just started using a lash serum, mine are long but recently seemed a bit thinner so I invested in the revitalash serum and I’m really pleased so far. It’s only been a couple of weeks but I have noticed a bit of a difference - I know it takes longer to fully kick in but so far, so good.

Has anyone tried the dermaflash dermapore? I'm pretty happy with my skin except for some sebaceous filaments, I've heard good things. Have also just read about the method on reddit for removing these, but have also been told the only thing that really helps is facials. Any advice/recommendations appreciated!

Has anyone tried the dermaflash dermapore? I'm pretty happy with my skin except for some sebaceous filaments, I've heard good things. Have also just read about the method on reddit for removing these, but have also been told the only thing that really helps is facials. Any advice/recommendations appreciated!
I bought it a few weeks ago and used it once. A bit of gunk came out but nothing like the YouTube videos. I'm going to try it again very soon

I bought it a few weeks ago and used it once. A bit of gunk came out but nothing like the YouTube videos. I'm going to try it again very soon
Please let me know if it's any better! I've read people saying the first time nothing much happens but the next few times it's great. I've just ordered one!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.