Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A therapist told me to go to someone who advertises as providing treatment for the trans community, as they will be fast and good because they’re used to sessions where there’s a lot of hairs to remove. It hadn’t occurred to me, but it makes sense
If the practitioner advertises that they remove more than hair via electrolysis(like skin tags etc) then they would be advanced electrolysis practitioners, so would prob be a safe bet. The lady I attended was v experienced and you could tell right away that she knew exactly what she was doing! Very quick and relatively painless(for eyebrows, lol)

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have a recommendation for transparent hydrogel masks to use under LED please? The current body ones are good, but I’m not keen on the scent and they’re quite expensive

Successfully done 3 days on the trot of full 15 min nuface routine, face led mask and eye led mask. I really like wearing the eye one so I've been doing that for a couple of runs at a time. I'm still not sure of the additional benefit of using it seeing as the full face mask also covers my eyes but I'm assuming it's more concentrated? I think I emailed them and asked before I ordered it and that was the benefit...

Reactions: 3
Successfully done 3 days on the trot of full 15 min nuface routine, face led mask and eye led mask. I really like wearing the eye one so I've been doing that for a couple of runs at a time. I'm still not sure of the additional benefit of using it seeing as the full face mask also covers my eyes but I'm assuming it's more concentrated? I think I emailed them and asked before I ordered it and that was the benefit...
I’ve got both and have wondered that (I didn’t buy mine, I was given it)

I’ve got both and have wondered that (I didn’t buy mine, I was given it)
I guess the idea is that if used alongside the full face one, the additional 3 mins of more concentrated light purely around the eye contour will improve results? I think if the eye one had been available first I'd have gone with that before buying the full face one

I guess the idea is that if used alongside the full face one, the additional 3 mins of more concentrated light purely around the eye contour will improve results? I think if the eye one had been available first I'd have gone with that before buying the full face one
Same. I'm reluctant to buy the eye one having already got the face and neck and dec

I see a LED mask in Aldi

what makes one good?
Is there a strength that the mask needs to reach to be effective?

I see a LED mask in Aldi

what makes one good?
Is there a strength that the mask needs to reach to be effective?
IMG_9513.jpeg

Ignore the bit about Pillow technology, but these are the wavelengths you are looking for. It should have a good number of bulbs too

Have any of you subscribed to the extra foreo bear routines? Just wondering if it’s any good, looks like they only have an eye one at the moment?

Ugh so tempted to buy LED mask, tell me it's not worth it please 🤣
I've had one for three years (I now have the face, eye, neck and deck from currentbody) and I don't notice any huge difference from using them, to the point where I find it impossible to do every day and therefore don't see results. If you're convinced you can keep up with having a huge bit of plastic on your face for 10 mins a day with little to no actual results then go for it, otherwise I'd advise against it tbh

I've had one for three years (I now have the face, eye, neck and deck from currentbody) and I don't notice any huge difference from using them, to the point where I find it impossible to do every day and therefore don't see results. If you're convinced you can keep up with having a huge bit of plastic on your face for 10 mins a day with little to no actual results then go for it, otherwise I'd advise against it tbh
Perfect just what I needed to hear 😂 thanks, I was a bit sceptical about the difference it could make

I have nu face mini and find that hard to keep up with but mostly cause I hate putting the gel on my face 😬

Perfect just what I needed to hear 😂 thanks, I was a bit sceptical about the difference it could make

I have nu face mini and find that hard to keep up with but mostly cause I hate putting the gel on my face 😬
yeah I started with the LED which was manageable, then I got a nuface and I can't bring myself to do both of an evening so i regularly do neither. the nuface makes a more noticeable difference imo, it's still not hugely impressive but makes me look more "awake". The LED I think needs to be used more regularly than I'm willing to do it. The eye one isn't as annoying to wear, I'd recommend buying that if you absolutely must have one, but again, I don't really see a huge difference.
For skin clarity I'd really recommend getting tret either from skin + me or dermatica, this has had a HUGE difference in my skin

yeah I started with the LED which was manageable, then I got a nuface and I can't bring myself to do both of an evening so i regularly do neither. the nuface makes a more noticeable difference imo, it's still not hugely impressive but makes me look more "awake". The LED I think needs to be used more regularly than I'm willing to do it. The eye one isn't as annoying to wear, I'd recommend buying that if you absolutely must have one, but again, I don't really see a huge difference.
For skin clarity I'd really recommend getting tret either from skin + me or dermatica, this has had a HUGE difference in my skin
I already use skin and me and it really helped with my acne and skin generally looks better but looking for something extra. I think I'd find LED easier to use than nuface but not sure I'm willing to try at the price it is, especially if you're saying it doesn't make much difference

I already use skin and me and it really helped with my acne and skin generally looks better but looking for something extra. I think I'd find LED easier to use than nuface but not sure I'm willing to try at the price it is, especially if you're saying it doesn't make much difference
have you asked them to increase your % of tret?

I do notice a different when I am regularly using my LED mask (I have the Dr Denis Gross one, used to have a Current Body, changed because I love that the Gross one only takes 3 mins). If I was recommending devices to a friend an LED mask would be at the top of the list (followed by a Nuface or similar microcurrent device).

Reactions: 2
I had the Currentbody Face and neck one for years and loved it. Upgraded to the Dermalux Flex. I would never be without my LED.
I just got a current body face one for Christmas and I’m starting to use it every other day. What were the main changes you noticed with it please?

Reactions: 2
Ugh so tempted to buy LED mask, tell me it's not worth it please 🤣
I have the no.7 led mask and love it. I try to use it every night Monday-Friday and then I use my nuface mini every morning Monday-Friday. Consistency is key, my skin is much clearer when I use my mask and my nuface mini just keeps my face looking 'perkier'. I wouldn't be without either now xx