Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dinosaursideways

Has anyone tried electrolysis? I was talking to a friend about laser/IPL/Alexandrite/NDYAG, and decided to look up electrolysis. The prices seemed pretty reasonable, and I wondered why I'd never looked at it before, especially as it is actually permanent, unlike laser hair removal.

We haven't mentioned UFO in a while.

Anyone tried the acai or cbd masks and like them? I've tried the cbd one and it did calm my rosacea. I have the acai one but not sure it did anything. What would people say is the most hydrating one?

Successfully done 3 days on the trot of full 15 min nuface routine, face led mask and eye led mask. I really like wearing the eye one so I've been doing that for a couple of runs at a time. I'm still not sure of the additional benefit of using it seeing as the full face mask also covers my eyes but I'm assuming it's more concentrated? I think I emailed them and asked before I ordered it and that was the benefit...
I’ve got both and have wondered that (I didn’t buy mine, I was given it)

You know what I have been pondering whether PRP/stem cell type treatments exist for the vulva! I've seen some services suggest they offer Morpheus8 for the vagina (I'm not sure if in the UK) and it surprised me, my body Morpheus8 was very painful and I don't think you can apply topical analgesics internally, I think you would need injectable local anaesthetic.
I wasn’t going to even consider it, but this has definitely moved it into ‘hard pass’ territory for me! I have enough trouble getting a mirena coil in/out/shaken all about…

Aude

VIP Member
Is that for the serum?
I don't know the detail - their website isn't very clear - but the £99/month seems to be for some sort of product (serum? gel?) that's needed for the laser to work. I imagine it's like the gel you need to use with the NuFace.

I don't know whether it's possible to use another, cheaper, product with the Lyma (as you can with the NuFace).

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Ohh @Brian Butterfield I hope you enjoy the flex (and that it helps with the skin recovery post mole!0
Thank you! I love that it has multiple uses. I can see it being handy for my son as he heads into adolescence as it has blue light for acne whilst the red and infrared are good for me as I cruise into peri-menopause 👵 . It's also good for healing aches and pains and I'm definitely going to try it on my lower back.

I had a baby a year ago and still have a lot of loose skin and stretch marks on my stomach. I’m going on holiday mid Feb and so self conscious about it. I’m breastfeeding so a bit limited to what treatments I can have.
My question is can I use my nuface mini on my stomach and would it help? I know they have a body one but can’t justify a new gadget atm.

rosemarina

VIP Member
Argh, argh. Help. I’ve just shaken a bottle of serum in the bathroom, and because I was in front of a mirror, I saw the jowl directly under my chin wobbling visibly. Is there anything short of actual surgery that could sort this out? I’ve gained a bit of weight over the last couple of years, have lost half a stone in the past couple of months, so I don’t know if carrying on in that direction will sort it, or if this is just a function of ageing. I feel as though my face is just sliding down into my neck 😂🔫.

It’s really, really getting me down. Please post your miracle cures immediately, thanks.

Edit: do you think fillers could do this? I’m still quite scared of thread lifts.

Last edited:

SoRelatable

Well... On the plus side, it's very easy to get going with. Simple, clear instructions. Also, I think it'll be easy to get into the habit of using it - just add it as another (quick) step to your morning and/or evening skincare routine.

On the down side, I was surprised that I could feel it even on the lowest setting. Not exactly painful but heading in that direction. I'm using it on my upper lip, which is quite a sensitive area. I expect I'll be able to get up to the next level, but probably not higher than that. To compensate, I'm planning to use if morning and evening (which is permitted).
Thank you for your initial impressions. I nearly bought it (again) but not sure I can rely on it actually being in stock. I might drop CB an email and enquire.

When I first started looking into it I came across some reviews that mentioned being able to feel it, some to quite an extent. Does the sensation fade as you use it more? Is it similar to IPL for example?

January

Oh I haven't, but it's an intriguing device. I use a Foreo Luna face cleansing brush (with the silicone etc) a few times a week for a deeper cleanse. My question would be is the face cleansing routine long enough for the LED to be effective?
Very intrigued and so many on here are knowledgeable