Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw her and Alice Slater at the ladies pond in Hampstead about a month ago. Bethany is definitely on the smaller end of the plus sized spectrum, especially for a fat-positive influencer. She looks about a size 16/18 In real life. They spent the whole time clinging to a ring, chatting

(ETA I feel a bit weird commenting on someone’s body like that, but it’s just in the context of how she appears in her photos and how she writes about herself. I feel she presents herself as bigger than she is)
She definitely does. As someone so rightfully described her here, she wants to be Queen of the Fats. To be that, she needs to position herself as larger than she actually is. There are a lot of photos of her where I’ve thought that she looks like a small size 18 but if you were to read her words without knowing what she looked like, I think you could be forgiven for assuming she was closer to a 24/26.

Reactions: 4
I imagine she’s lost weight, because for a plus sized blogger she doesn’t half do a lot of exercise. She’s smaller now than her bisexual nightclubbing days for sure

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I saw on Twitter today that the journalist Dawn Foster has passed away, which is really sad, she was so young. Didn’t Bethany used to live with her? But she hasn’t said anything or seemed to like any of the posts about it. Did they fall out?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I saw on Twitter today that the journalist Dawn Foster has passed away, which is really sad, she was so young. Didn’t Bethany used to live with her? But she hasn’t said anything or seemed to like any of the posts about it. Did they fall out?
Oh my gosh this is the first I’ve heard about this - how terribly sad and RIP ❤ She always stuck out as an actually good journalist with lived experience as opposed to the poverty cosplayers favoured by the Guardian (Jack Monroe). What a genuine loss :(

Oh my gosh this is the first I’ve heard about this - how terribly sad and RIP ❤ She always stuck out as an actually good journalist with lived experience as opposed to the poverty cosplayers favoured by the Guardian (Jack Monroe). What a genuine loss :(
I know - I was totally shocked when I saw all the tweets about it. I knew she was chronically ill from some of the things she talked about but didn’t realise it was that dire. She seemed like a lovely person.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes, I agree, it’s very sad. What a loss - such a vivacious person. RIP.

(not sure what happened with Bethany and her; it wouldn’t surprise me though if they were no longer friends. Bethany seems to fall out with everyone, eventually).

It’s very disturbing that she’s posting all these cheerful insta stories at the moment when she must have heard about this. They were pretty good friends and tweeted each other all the time, and were flatmates for ages. Of course you can’t know what she’s feeling about the situation but why not just post nothing?
She really is an oddball.

Yes, I agree, it’s very sad. What a loss - such a vivacious person. RIP.

(not sure what happened with Bethany and her; it wouldn’t surprise me though if they were no longer friends. Bethany seems to fall out with everyone, eventually).
I would like to know what happened with her and Ruby Tandoh tbh

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It’s very disturbing that she’s posting all these cheerful insta stories at the moment when she must have heard about this. They were pretty good friends and tweeted each other all the time, and were flatmates for ages. Of course you can’t know what she’s feeling about the situation but why not just post nothing?
She really is an oddball.

I would like to know what happened with her and Ruby Tandoh tbh
Omg same...

I wonder if we are seeing her shock and grief through these bizarre tweets, I don’t ever recall her being so bouncy and upbeat before and she is using capital letters a lot and having an earring sale and stuff. I’m thinking that she is in very deep shock and maybe guilt, if her friendship with DW ended poorly and was never repaired, and is acting out to distract herself from that?

Tbh if they fell out then it’s to be expected? It’s a lot better for her to handle whatever complex grief she has in private rather than the cringe inauthentic wooing all the PS influencers did on Grace after exiling her from their friendship group years prior. I respect her right to privately grieve but also respect that she’s doing it privately 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
The Dolphin in Sydenham is a fairly nice pub garden but certainly not bucolic! Typical Insta editing - readers see the nice pruned hedge but don’t get to hear the loud high street traffic, (non-gentrified) kebab shop next door not the ugly Lidl opposite!

• Haha
Screenshot_20210726-084502_Instagram.jpg

French language book? Book written in French language? I don't know how is the correct way. The thing is Amélie Nothomb is Belgian, not French. If you are going to be pompous, be correct at least.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.