Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lmao that really was iconic. Tweeting like anyone gaf about her kitchen or bathroom renovation?? That was hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That was very funny. Ironically she attracted so much more snark by saying that rather than just posting a picture of a sodding kitchen 😂

• Haha
It's one of the plus-size crowd who has about 57 followers on twitter, who thought she was interesting enough for us tattlers to chat tit about. Found the original tweet from Dani's thread:
View attachment 521693
Oh her! I used to follow her but recently unfollowed because :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: tbh

It is cringe when people who actually have threads on here passive-aggressively mention Tattle and try to seem unbothered but it's a whole new level when it's someone not nearly interesting enough to have a thread. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just found this thread from the FFFB one and it's been a wild ride.

I've followed our ol' pal Bert for a looooooong time, we used to even be Livejournal friends I think (along with Charlotte 'Monitoress' who I agree is absolutely lovely and stunningly elegant), so I'm glad it's not just me who finds the transition from queer polyam fashion proudly hairy 20something about town to married old-before-their-time author who makes appalling jewelry quite bizarre.

And that's even before you get me into the rich parents funded everything and enabled her to indulge her capricious whims.

Does anyone else remember in Bert's DOMO Dennis days she was also dating a very cute, very young babygay called Jasmine? Idk why but I still now wonder about the weird dynamic there and wtf Jasmine got out of it. (Pretty clear what 40-odd Dennis got out of it)

Another weird one, but another person from that era and who was friends with Bethany, Callie, George etc was Melly - used to be Mellymeep on twitter but got her account deleted? Anyone know what became of her? She was a plus sizer with decent following but not an influencer per se, always thought she was sound and would love to know her current @

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

I've followed our ol' pal Bert for a looooooong time, we used to even be Livejournal friends I think (along with Charlotte 'Monitoress' who I agree is absolutely lovely and stunningly elegant), so I'm glad it's not just me who finds the transition from queer polyam fashion proudly hairy 20something about town to married old-before-their-time author who makes appalling jewelry quite bizarre.

And that's even before you get me into the rich parents funded everything and allowed her

Does anyone else remember in Bert's DOMO Dennis days she was also dating a very cute, very young babygay called Jasmine? Idk why but I still now wonder about the weird dynamic there and wtf Jasmine got out of it. (Pretty clear what 40-odd Dennis got out of it)

Another weird one, but another person from that era and who was friends with Bethany, Callie, George etc was Melly - used to be Mellymeep on twitter but got her account deleted? Anyone know what became of her? She was a plus sizer with decent following but not an influencer per se, always thought she was sound and would love to know her current @
Melly is still around but on IG (same handle). She is fabulous, love her to bits.

Reactions: 6

And that's even before you get me into the rich parents funded everything and allowed her

Has Bert ever posted about this transition or has anyone else ever brought it up or discussed it? It seems such a massive elephant in the room? She's clearly just really good at being a social chameleon, reflecting what is a trendy marketable niche at the time.

Again, I don't follow her really closely but I don't recall her ever talking about her house purchase or anything (which I know people here have mentioned was mainly parent funded). Is she ashamed that she has rich parents who've provided these things for her? It's so strange. It's not that I want her to boast about it (she loves a humble brag...) but it's another elephant in the room as she posts snippets of her home but never really mentions any of that. I know nobody needs to share every detail of their lives but she does like to share most things so when something so major is missing it seems unusual...

Not sure of Mellys twitter or anything but I think they're on instagram by the same name as you've mentioned. They seem down to earth and genuine and I always found it odd that they moved in circles with those you've listed who... didn't seem so genuine and sweet :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
Holy shitttt remember this? Genuinely might buy it to see how the people in it have changed and which ones she now has beef with! Amazon product

Has Bert ever posted about this transition or has anyone else ever brought it up or discussed it? It seems such a massive elephant in the room?
No! And that's what's the weirdest, it's like she thinks the internet doesn't remember everything!

Reactions: 1

And that's even before you get me into the rich parents funded everything and enabled her to indulge her capricious whims.

I remember Jasmine! Absolutely stunning girl. We have a lot of friends in common 👀

Melly is still around but on IG (same handle). She is fabulous, love her to bits.
she is PRECIOUS.

Holy shitttt remember this? Genuinely might buy it to see how the people in it have changed and which ones she now has beef with! Amazon product

No! And that's what's the weirdest, it's like she thinks the internet doesn't remember everything!
I have this book somewhere...

Reactions: 2
I used to follow Mellymeep on twitter as well - loved her account. Found her on IG but definitely miss her tweets - she seemed like a really lovely girl. I think twitter banned her for some reason!

I used to follow Mellymeep on twitter as well - loved her account. Found her on IG but definitely miss her tweets - she seemed like a really lovely girl. I think twitter banned her for some reason!
Is Melly still friends with Bethany? I recall them being quite outspoken about wealthy people who clearly get ahead because of their money but never really disclose that? (If I remember correctly, I might be mixing them up with someone else) And that is definitely Bethany to a T!

• Wow
Is Melly still friends with Bethany? I recall them being quite outspoken about wealthy people who clearly get ahead because of their money but never really disclose that? (If I remember correctly, I might be mixing them up with someone else) And that is definitely Bethany to a T!
They follow each other apparently

I don't pay much attention to Bethany's posts (only so much earring content I can take!) so I'm not sure if they're still friends but they do still follow each other on instagram.

I lurk a little bit on the plus size threads but I quite like them all so dont tend to comment 😂 - it's only Poppy ive got an issue with really. I followed Bethany as we used to look quite similar so it was quite handy to see what types of clothes she had etc but she's changed quite a bit so not so much anymore.

I dont think I ever followed her in her hairy (lol!) days though - I found her when she was quite put together working at navabi and really liked her. I'm going to google now as im intrigued!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.