Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes but you have to be 40 or above for the vaccine.
The below is a direct cut and paste from an article in the Daily Mirror

That’s because in July, Public Health England estimated that having a BMI of 35 to 40 increases a person’s risk of dying from Covid by 40 per cent. For those with a BMI of 40 or higher, the risk of dying was 90 per cent.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The below is a direct cut and paste from an article in the Daily Mirror

That’s because in July, Public Health England estimated that having a BMI of 35 to 40 increases a person’s risk of dying from Covid by 40 per cent. For those with a BMI of 40 or higher, the risk of dying was 90 per cent.
I’m a perpetually exhausted new mum so please forgive me for being dim - is that saying that 90% of people who get covid with a BMI of over 40 die? Or the risk increases by 90%? x

I’m a perpetually exhausted new mum so please forgive me for being dim - is that saying that 90% of people who get covid with a BMI of over 40 die? Or the risk increases by 90%? x
It’s not you, it’s poorly written. I have taken it to mean it increases the risk by 90%. Because I think if 90% of morbidly obese people were dying of covid, we’d know about it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s not you, it’s poorly written. I have taken it to mean it increases the risk by 90%. Because I think if 90% of morbidly obese people were dying of covid, we’d know about it
Thank you my love! I was going to say duck me you’d have to be shielding with mortality rates like that! Thankfully mortality rates remain relatively low, but yeah that’s a huge % increase x

I listened to the podcast episode last night where her and Alice talk about their experiences as authors - loved listening to Alice talk about it, it sounds like writing and being a published author has been a life-long goal and she sounded so joyful and passionate. It was SOOOO interesting to me to find out that Bethany was approached to write No Big Deal as the publisher wanted to have a fat protagonist in YA fiction but wasn't receiving any pitches along those lines. It is great that she has made a success of it but it sounded like it was more a professional goal/challenge for her to complete it rather than a dream to write a novel and (as an aspiring novelist myself) I couldn't help but be a little jealous - what a charmed life she leads!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Everything is a goal for this girl. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out she keeps herself fat so that she is the figurehead of a movement, thus staying relevant.

I don't believe it for one second, as I don't believe she's really happy with her body. She's so bitter.
She would find something else anyway if she wasn't fat to be relevant
I agree Romy. A few years ago before she became an “author” out of the blue, she lost a lot of weight. Who knows if it was intentional or what but her fat influencer friends were all alluding to private tweets they were making that she was gatekeeping the fat community originally and then she had gone and lost all this weight but was still acting like a queen bee. I think she would be skinny in a second if she could, I don’t buy her body positivity stuff at all.

Reactions: 5
So there are talented authors who deal with years of rejections and Bethany, who had never even written fiction, just gets handed a book deal? Gross.

I must admit, I'm quite impressed by how much she runs. I probably weigh half of what she does (though I'm also a good half foot shorter than her!) and have had more failed attempts at couch to 5k than I can count.

Reactions: 7
I agree Romy. A few years ago before she became an “author” out of the blue, she lost a lot of weight. Who knows if it was intentional or what but her fat influencer friends were all alluding to private tweets they were making that she was gatekeeping the fat community originally and then she had gone and lost all this weight but was still acting like a queen bee. I think she would be skinny in a second if she could, I don’t buy her body positivity stuff at all.
She easily loses weight, we’ve seen it. She wasn’t a fat kid or teenager, we’ve all seen the photos. When she was doing spin classes every other day the weight dropped off her. If she wanted to lose it she would, but she doesn’t because it keeps her relevant.

Reactions: 2
I don't agree with you both on this point.
I wasn't a fat kid either at all. Most fat adults I know weren't fat kids. And almost everybody can lose weight, especially easy when you're young!
If you get fat again (and gaining more eventually because she's obese, not just overweight), you're doing the yo yo and something is out of control (due to genetics, mind, behaviour, hormones, health reasons or whatever the reason or mix of reasons).
She doesn't need to be obese to be relevant in the BOPO world. I'm sure she would love us to think that she's in control but I just don't buy it.

I don't agree with you both on this point.
I wasn't a fat kid either at all. Most fat adults I know weren't fat kids. And almost everybody can lose weight, especially easy when you're young!
If you get fat again (and gaining more eventually because she's obese, not just overweight), you're doing the yo yo and something is out of control (due to genetics, mind, behaviour, hormones, health reasons or whatever the reason or mix of reasons).
She doesn't need to be obese to be relevant in the BOPO world. I'm sure she would love us to think that she's in control but I just don't buy it.
No sorry I meant if she could flip a switch, not that I think she could lose it easily.

Reactions: 1
I actually assumed she had always been bigger. I’ve never seen photos of her when she was younger.

I can’t get my head around the amount of exercise plus size influencers claim to do. If really running or doing so many spin classes what are they eating to stay so big?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I can’t get my head around the amount of exercise plus size influencers claim to do. If really running or doing so many spin classes what are they eating to stay so big?
It truly all comes down to your genetics and metabolism. Some people can do cardio every day, eat a normal amount of calories and still be plus size. Fatphobia comes down to people not accepting that this is a reality for many people, and this assumption that they must be eating 5000 calories a day because they're fat and exercise isn't making them thin.

I don't believe it for one second, as I don't believe she's really happy with her body. She's so bitter.
Why?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.