Bethany Rutter #2 Fatfishing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know West Kirby a bit. I can imagine that East London’s premiere fat babe wouldn’t impress most locals much. No matter how many spinning classes she takes and fancy pastries she eats 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m still slogging away with this bloody book. Not sure if I can carry on

it’s another self centred “heroine” who claims to be unbothered by their bigger body. Whilst also mentioning it every 3 lines. The diction is EXACTLY as Bethany speaks, everything is delicious or delightful. Lines like “what is a delicious fat witch to do?!”. Every male part is terribly written, the main love interest in the book has absolutely no depth of character whatsoever.

At one point the main character mentions something a little traumatic happening to her being “extremely off brand” for her… I mean… it’s an insight into how BR‘s mind works if nothing else??
Wait is "what is a delicious fat witch to do?!" a real quote? Please give us more best/worst bits!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The sex scenes aren’t particularly memorable. She doesn’t go hugely in depth, just saying things like “I watched my manicured hands wrapped around his bedposts as he…” and also she’d say things like “he went down on me” rather than being really descriptive. Which is fine by me, I’m happy the book isn’t any longer than necessary tbh.

Everyone the main character sleeps with is lazily described as “hot” and nobody ever turns her down, although she ofc does turn someone down. There is a thread about her brother, who has a family, which seems to be basically a BR comment on how it really sucks to have children?

And yes frequently refers to herself and other fat women in the book as Fat witches. “Slag era” is said so often that I’m embarrassed for her. It doesn’t feel like reclaiming the word slag, which I think is the intention? Just feels jarring.

I haven’t got to the end but I’m going to Dublin for work tomorrow so I’m determined to crack on and at least see if she’s written the lazy happily ever after. If that is the case and the lead character does a complete unbelievable 360’ and ends up with a partner who has ZERO personality/ life / depth/ motive for liking the self centred pseudobert.

• Heart
The sex scenes aren’t particularly memorable. She doesn’t go hugely in depth, just saying things like “I watched my manicured hands wrapped around his bedposts as he…” and also she’d say things like “he went down on me” rather than being really descriptive. Which is fine by me, I’m happy the book isn’t any longer than necessary tbh.

Everyone the main character sleeps with is lazily described as “hot” and nobody ever turns her down, although she ofc does turn someone down. There is a thread about her brother, who has a family, which seems to be basically a BR comment on how it really sucks to have children?

And yes frequently refers to herself and other fat women in the book as Fat witches. “Slag era” is said so often that I’m embarrassed for her. It doesn’t feel like reclaiming the word slag, which I think is the intention? Just feels jarring.

I haven’t got to the end but I’m going to Dublin for work tomorrow so I’m determined to crack on and at least see if she’s written the lazy happily ever after. If that is the case and the lead character does a complete unbelievable 360’ and ends up with a partner who has ZERO personality/ life / depth/ motive for liking the self centred pseudobert.
Thank you! I was hoping for something akin to the lols from the teen mags of the 00s!

The Amazon reviews are pretty savage lol, Goodreads is pretty good for her, TIL to check Amazon over GR (know they’re both owned by the same billionaire now but very diff ✨vibes!).

Safe flight / enjoy Dublin ❤✨

Thank you! I was hoping for something akin to the lols from the teen mags of the 00s!

The Amazon reviews are pretty savage lol, Goodreads is pretty good for her, TIL to check Amazon over GR (know they’re both owned by the same billionaire now but very diff ✨vibes!).

Safe flight / enjoy Dublin ❤✨
Thank you! Definitely would be interested to see the ratio of genuine purchases vs her mates vs gifted copies

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Her latest story - "I gasped aloud when I went on the app and saw this instructor" that poor woman. Hope Bethany doesn't go to her class and try to recruit her for her fat gym babes crew, this woman probably just wants to do her job and not be harassed by Bert!

• Wow
  • Haha
She’s like an Adrian mole style parody of a middle class white #activist woman. Gushing over the fact she’s travelling home on the Windrush line is so funny to me fsr

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Her latest story - "I gasped aloud when I went on the app and saw this instructor" that poor woman. Hope Bethany doesn't go to her class and try to recruit her for her fat gym babes crew, this woman probably just wants to do her job and not be harassed by Bert!
I thought that too. It’s not ok.

I thought that too. It’s not ok.
Does anyone else find her ‘instructor reviews’ a bit inappropriate? Either gushing over a fat babe of colour in a bit of a token way or saying ‘well I could just have done a YouTube class but I guess the skilled one on one instruction worked?’ to ‘oh F45, I’m in a gym regular people use and the towels are small, the changing room isn’t USB adapted and it’s all a bit like god, a Tattle reader probably goes here…’

It’s not how I would be introducing myself to the industry as a trainee PT. It’s giving me flashbacks to Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie’s road trip show 😝

I wonder what would happen if you asked AI to write you something in the style of Bethany rutter

• Haha
I wonder what would happen if you asked AI to write you something in the style of Bethany rutter
No particular difference? I assumed ChatGPT swapped her from being a lad to a girlie suddenly because it also can’t really do depth or character and resorts to tropes. It would draw the line at that whomst nonsense though…

Was telling my husband this morning that she’s gone so far removed from reality it’s not even funny. Like who plans to go to a political protest and then the cinema afterwards? It’s just a social walk to her isn’t it?

Reactions: 9
I know this is a very minor point, but - as someone with a hard-to-spell name - it’s nice when people get it right. Elle McNicoll kindly gave you a GORGEY quote, kindly look at how many L’s are in her name.

Attachments

• Wow
I’m thinking slow coach will do even worse than the last because her fat babe fan girls don’t wanna read about running