Beth Sandland #5 The First Woman To Parent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't see the need for announcing it like that either with photos... she definitely sees a hospital stay as something to be weirdly proud of. The poor baby has zero privacy.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I really think she enjoys the attention when her baby is ill - it’s so bizarre! I could never imagine posting a photo of my child in a hospital bed and adding #nicubaby #nicugrad it’s so so gross and really bothers me.

Reactions: 18
The posed picture of her "asleep" holding Ziggy and all the pictures of her baby ill in a hospital bed... Is she joking??

Reactions: 16
I really think she enjoys the attention when her baby is ill - it’s so bizarre! I could never imagine posting a photo of my child in a hospital bed and adding #nicubaby #nicugrad it’s so so gross and really bothers me.
Yep, as awful as having to call 999 on your baby is, I bet she was giddy with excitement at the thought of getting all these pics for the gram. Think she should also be using a TW for the hospital pictures again.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I'm not saying Ziggy wasn't ill, but my LAST thought when my child was last in hospital was taking photos.

Reactions: 14
Has she seriously created a photo dump of her baby in hospital? This girl needs her head looking at! Sick!

• Wow
  • Sad
Can you imagine “babe, take my picture so I can share this on social media for clout”

poor Z. I’m glad he’s on the mend, just sad that his mother took photos of him at a vulnerable time in order to further her own agenda. Interesting that she hasn’t hidden the likes on that post isn’t it?

Im glad you all had the same thoughts as me. I hope he gets better soon but his mother is sick in the head.

Reactions: 9
They aren’t even photos she’s taken quickly to keep for herself or send to the husband.
She’s thought about angles and what to show.
The second one particularly (and the fake sleeping of course)

I had to take my littlest to A&E late at night recently on advice of 111, it wasn’t anything like as serious as Z, but I didn’t take a single photo in the 5 hours we were there.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes agreed- I've been in A&E a few times during my time as a parent, luckily never too serious, but I've not got 1 photo to show for it

Reactions: 8
Oh my god multiple photos from his hospital trip????? Beth has some serious issues when it comes to Z and being unwell and it’s incredibly distributing. The fake sleeping photo is horrendous.

Adding my voice to the chorus - when my daughter was ill in hospital I never took any pictures of her or posted anything on social media because you know, I was busy looking after her 🙄

Reactions: 10
What was she expecting by posting those totally inappropriate photos of Z in hospital, ffs Beth parent your child and don't use him for your own social media gratification
I find the whole issue of posting photos of children in hospital totally distasteful , especially when they cannot consent to this intrusion of their privacy and their care giver is meant to protect them

Reactions: 9
I can maybe imagine taking that last photo where he’s sitting up and smiling, but only to send to family so they can see he’s on the mend.
The idea of posting hospital pics on social media is just a completely alien concept to me.

I can maybe imagine taking that last photo where he’s sitting up and smiling, but only to send to family so they can see he’s on the mend.
The idea of posting hospital pics on social media is just a completely alien concept to me.
I’ve recently been in twice with my little one (fourth time overall and no they didn’t offer a loyalty card because four times in 8 months isn’t that frequent compared to what some families have to deal with). I took exactly this photo to send to my husband so he could be reassured he way okay. But other photos while he was unwell and they weren’t sure why? Not at all on my mind. I wanted, and needed, to be fully present for my baby who needed me.

• Sad
Love how she’s come down with the bug but we have no poorly pictures of her…. Shame that courtesy and privacy doesn’t apply to her not-able-to-consent infant.

• Heart
Now she's saying she doesn't want to talk about the hospital trip. I bloody bet she does spill more later, she can't help herself!
She's very lucky that's the first time she's ever in her life had to call an ambulance.

Reactions: 11
Now she's saying she doesn't want to talk about the hospital trip. I bloody bet she does spill more later, she can't help herself!
She's very lucky that's the first time she's ever in her life had to call an ambulance.
What else is there to say? She’s described what happened so surely she’s shared pretty much everything? The “I don’t want to talk about it” feel a bit like her reaction to his birth, it feels attention seeking. Like when as a teenager you’d write on facebook “I hate this” so people would comment “U OK hun I’ll msg u”

Reactions: 13
I'm wondering who took the photo of her and Z sleeping. I've been in A&E and CAU with my newborn twice in the last 3 months and covid rules are one parent only. Her hospital may be different but if not, did she set a timer for that?! She needs help, she is ill.

• Wow
I'm wondering who took the photo of her and Z sleeping. I've been in A&E and CAU with my newborn twice in the last 3 months and covid rules are one parent only. Her hospital may be different but if not, did she set a timer for that?! She needs help, she is ill.
Apparently "boybeth" (🤮) also has/had virus, so I certainly hope he wasn't allowed in hospital .....sounds like they've all had norovirus which is rife at the moment
I've since watched 'This is going to hurt' , since she was complaining last week about its representation of Drs/NHS/maternity services and how it was 'triggering' 🙄....ffs she's read the book so surely must have known what it was about
I had a v traumatic birth with my eldest, v similar to opening sequence in first episode ( cord prolapse/ rushed to theatre with midwife's hand up birth canal stopping daughter's head pressing on cord, resulted in emergency c section and 48 hrs in PICU )....
yes it brought it all back to me, but I'm so glad of these professionals saved my life - you definitely need dark humour to survive being a health care worker! ( I've been nurse for 35 years)
Husband was a Dr ( reached consultant status ) before he decided to ditch medical profession because of the working conditions and to preserve his mental health ....he was regularly working in excess of 100hrs a week ....
certainly no time for meeting up with friends for a coffee or recording a pointless 'advert' in supermarket ....he barely saw our children until he had a breakdown and spent 4 months in a psychiatric hospital, where he had to reevaluate his life
Beth wouldn't know what working hard was if it bit her on the bum

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.