Beckijones4 #8 McDonnums, mayum and tango ice blast treats, when Becki dances will she ever move her feet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I disagree with the whole ‘she can be as fat as she likes’ thing lol 😬. Being fat is depressing, no one wants to be fat and tbh, being fat doesn’t just impact the individual, obesity related diseases cause such a massive strain on the NHS.
Becki shouldn’t be bullied or be made to feel ugly or worthless for her weight, but I personally don’t agree with the whole fat positivity thing either. Everyone who is overweight or obese should be encouraged to lose the weight for their own health and well being tbh.
I completely agree! This is coming from a big girl who started weight watchers a couple of weeks ago 😂 people who are morbidly obese should be encouraged to loose weight and people who are nearly anorexic could be encouraged to put on weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My nephew would die if I went with him to get his results especially wearing crocs. We all no she's really going for the breakfast.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
“The results do not define youm”
for most average joes in the workplace passing your GCSEs does really help. The amount of interviews or applications I’ve read that want you to have maths and English at a ‘c’ or above is in the majority.

I can’t stand it when adults make out that these things don’t matter, when in reality they do. Ifyou Pass your exams the first time around it’s easier than not being able to go onto college if you don’t get the grades or sitting back a year. Becki is an adult and can’t provide any context other than “your results don’t define youm” that’s crap, not everyone can become a influencer/entrepreneur- so your results do help.

in the grand schemes there are other options but its stressful. I’m not horrid and I don’t have kids but if I did and they didn’t pass or got grades that didn’t allow them to do what they had originally planned I would feel for them.

Reactions: 10
Sick of hearing that gcse results don’t matter especially by wannabe influencers. They do matter. Every college course, uni degree and certain jobs want GCSE’s. My GCSE’s were tit as I had a baby in my last year of school and didn’t concentrate whatsoever. I’ve worked at Costa coffee ever since and every better job has turned me down cos of my tit results. I had to resit my GCSE’s during covid as a 25 year old whilst doing an access course, now 4 kids down the line it’s only this year have I been accepted onto a FdA and it’s 10 years since I took the bastard exams.
It’s alright saying don’t be disappointed etc but we do need GCSE’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I honestly don’t understand the obsession she has with her nieces and nephews. I mean I live my nieces and nephews like mad but I would never insert myself into their lives like she does. It’s bizarre to me.

Reactions: 8
So they go to celebrate the nephooms GCSE results - but the video is all about the food flying down her gullet like a fois gras duck - and we don’t even find out how he’s done?? I don’t believe this woman isn’t trolling us all!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sick of hearing that gcse results don’t matter especially by wannabe influencers. They do matter. Every college course, uni degree and certain jobs want GCSE’s. My GCSE’s were tit as I had a baby in my last year of school and didn’t concentrate whatsoever. I’ve worked at Costa coffee ever since and every better job has turned me down cos of my tit results. I had to resit my GCSE’s during covid as a 25 year old whilst doing an access course, now 4 kids down the line it’s only this year have I been accepted onto a FdA and it’s 10 years since I took the bastard exams.
It’s alright saying don’t be disappointed etc but we do need GCSE’s.
Agree. I know everyone is intelligent in their own ways and grades are just one way of it being demonstrated. And nobody uses half of the things they learn at gcse in real life - complex algebra etc etc. But they are important. I have cousins that done bad because where they are from it’s accepted that everyone does bad and this whole it doesn’t define you thing going on. But their parents/my aunt/uncle had no problem spending money taking them on holidays/ days out or spending money on other things rather than a £5 study guide or taking them to the library. I’m not saying kids should have a miserable life all to get an a* but just get the c or what ever the number is that it corresponds to now. but if parents and family supported the kid into knowing that the grades they get do have a impact on their future so take advantage of the support and resources that you can get at school now it’s so much easier.

I just think it would be better for someone in beckis position to say. You grades don’t define you but if you’re at school and your GCSEs are in the next couple of years take advantage of the support that they offer and the resources available because it’s the ideal time to do that. I know that not all schools/ parents can offer as much support as others may offer their children. She could also link some resources and support. Considering her target market is children- she is useless. She worked in education and still wants a job in education but can’t provide any substance to anything she says.

one of my friends is also doing her math gcse at 27 and has a child- and all of the other factors are a challenge.

it looks like beckis nephew passed his grades so that’s good

I did terribly at GCSE and didn’t go to college or university and have done pretty well for myself. A lot of people who go to uni don’t end up with a job in what they studied anyway and experience is worth more than a degree in an area unrelated to the job you’re applying for.

I’m not defending Becki here but it makes me sad the amount of pressure people put on kids to get good grades. It needs to be balanced out with people saying they’re not the end of the world.

In my opinion, we really shouldn’t be telling young kids that it doesn’t matter if you don’t pass your GCSES because for most jobs it does. I work in education and I couldn’t get onto my degree course without a C in English, Maths and Science. I know all jobs want different qualifications but most jobs now are asking for at least Maths and English. And with people competing for jobs, employers are going to look for people with better qualifications.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think anyone is saying that they are the end of the world. Most adults realise that grades are a standard of education not experience or knowledge. But if you have the opportunity to get a pass if you’re a student at schoool or encourage a child around you to study rather than another trip to a fast food joint or the park then that’s what should be done. I don’t think there needs to be great pressures, I passed and can’t recall working particularly hard, just a little bit of balance between hanging out with friends and studying at school. I think for becki to almost imply that grades don’t matter at all is irresponsible because she wouldn’t have worked her job if that was the case.

I never got great passes but a pass is a pass. But if I didn’t get my gcse I wouldn’t have been able to go to college/ uni. Grades of course aren’t everything but even retail/cafe jobs around where I am are asking for grades. I don’t think grades are needed for a lot of jobs but it’s a standard that is being asked for. I didn’t go to uni until later in life. but when I was in retail I saw those around me get opportunities just because they had grades rather than experience it’s not necessary correct just what it is.

From what I see as a basic grade requirement employees seem to want you to have passes at gcse or the equivalent. It doesn’t matter about a-level or degree but that’s not what today is about it’s about gcse.

I would argue gcse if you’re going to get any grades a maths and English ‘c’ grade are 2 of the most worthwhile ones to have under your belt. You may not need them right now but in 20 years time you may need them to access further education. Even if you want to go into college and enter a trade you need it. Even for an apprenticeship you need it.

My sister is in her mid 30’s and recently had to get in touch with gcse exam boards for hercertificates so she could do a course through work. 15+years on from school.

I know it’s not the same for everyone but I think just to say grades don’t define you. Well for many kids today they are going to be feeling like it will define them and the reality is it is just in the short term and she could have just linked to a resource or said something a bit more reassuring.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.