BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is the appeal of this odious man? He ADORES himself, which shows delusion beyond belief - whole situation is not helped by the Beeb’s pandering. I know that Radio 2 can be notorious for preferring celebrities over traditional DJs, but who was Richard prior to having his own gig?

Anders aside, my fondest memories of Radio 2 are from nights working along to Janice Long (wonderful presenter, RIP) followed by ‘the Dark Lord’ Alex Lester - dependable, live company for when I did shift work (many moons ago)
He ticks a lot of boxes for the BBC. Black and gay.

I actually like him, not on radio, but the bits of telly he has done. I think he is a good egg.

Adele Roberts was in for Jo Whitley tonight. I really liked her.

Reactions: 2
I'm enjoying listening to Vanessa Feltz now, sadly it her last day on BBC Radio London.

I noticed that Jo Good on her show last night didn't mention anything about V's upcoming last show today. Jo finishes at 1am and V started not much later at 7am, surely a sign-off saying Vanessa would be in a little later for her last show and a hearty good luck for the future might have been expected.

Jo was looking forward to the day ahead however, she didn't shut up about going to Mallorca today and signed her show off by reading out her social handle, telling listeners they could follow what she was doing - but more likely so they could see the many ads she posts there.

Reactions: 3
I'm enjoying listening to Vanessa Feltz now, sadly it her last day on BBC Radio London.
Me too! It will be so weird without her there. I shall give her new show a listen, although it clashes with 5 Live Drive, which I quite like. I think her new station has a very different agenda.

Reactions: 1
Tune into radio 2 this Bank Holiday Monday for "Richie Anderson's All Request Road Trip" 5-7pm folks.
You'd never know he is appearing on the upcoming new series of Strictly Come Dancing :unsure:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Tony Blackburn even had a slight dig at the beeb on his Sounds of The 60's show this morning.
"Don't forget to tune into Gary Davies' Sounds of The 80's tonight, as like me, his show has also been moved"
:love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Why do I listen to R4 Saturday Live? Always makes me so annoyed. The bloody Rev Richard Coles always making guests stories about himself - '' that reminds me of a similar thing that happened to me' followed by a painfully unfunny, usually completely unrelated, name-dropping story of when he was in the Communards.

Reactions: 3
Ugh I hate when they start pushing people onto us! More of Richie is the last thing we want. Zoe annoys me too, why is she always ruffling her papers?!

Reactions: 6
Why do I listen to R4 Saturday Live? Always makes me so annoyed. The bloody Rev Richard Coles always making guests stories about himself - '' that reminds me of a similar thing that happened to me' followed by a painfully unfunny, usually completely unrelated, name-dropping story of when he was in the Communards.
I've always found the Rev narcy so have rarely listened to his show.

I have never heard of this Richie but I might check him out now I know he'll be on Strictly.

Ben on PopMaster was upset to learn that the dab radio is no longer the main prize, bagged himself THREE signed photos of Ken though 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ugh I hate when they start pushing people onto us! More of Richie is the last thing we want. Zoe annoys me too, why is she always ruffling her papers?!
I know, I think the same, I’ve never minded Richie up until now, it’s absolute overkill and it’s making me hate him 🤣

how long do we think Ken’s got left then? When does Steve wright finish? My money is on Vernon kay replacing Ken when the time comes

Ben on PopMaster was upset to learn that the dab radio is no longer the main prize, bagged himself THREE signed photos of Ken though 😁
I was laughing listening to this

I know, I think the same, I’ve never minded Richie up until now, it’s absolute overkill and it’s making me hate him 🤣

how long do we think Ken’s got left then? When does Steve wright finish? My money is on Vernon kay replacing Ken when the time comes

I was laughing listening to this
The 1st contestants questions were so much harder too, I guess they are only easy if you know the answers though.
I hope Ken's not going anywhere for a while yet.

• Heart
The 1st contestants questions were so much harder too, I guess they are only easy if you know the answers though.
I hope Ken's not going anywhere for a while yet.
Once Ken goes I doubt I’ll listen much to Radio 2 anymore. I still enjoy Sunday afternoons (apart from Elaine’s laugh 😳) although now Paul has gone I’ll switch off earlier. But on a weekday Ken is the only one I like. Jeremy has interesting topics and I share a lot of his music taste, but he can be such a fanny at times I find him a hard listen.

Once Ken goes I doubt I’ll listen much to Radio 2 anymore. I still enjoy Sunday afternoons (apart from Elaine’s laugh 😳) although now Paul has gone I’ll switch off earlier. But on a weekday Ken is the only one I like. Jeremy has interesting topics and I share a lot of his music taste, but he can be such a fanny at times I find him a hard listen.
Yes, I agree.
Vine is still off this week & next I believe, Paddy O'Connell this week Tina Dahealy next, so 'every cloud' and all that 😁

Yes, I agree.
Vine is still off this week & next I believe, Paddy O'Connell this week Tina Dahealy next, so 'every cloud' and all that 😁
Paddy O'Connell is great. The best presenter on BBC radio imo. Up there with Eddie Mair who the Beeb were fools to let go.

Reactions: 5
Paddy O'Connell is great. The best presenter on BBC radio imo. Up there with Eddie Mair who the Beeb were fools to let go.
Broadcasting House on a Sunday morning at 9am with Paddy is a great programme.
As for Eddie I think he likes a change of scene every so often, but already he has decided to leave LBC, maybe something went wrong there.

• Wow
No Steve Wright again today, OJ Borg says he has food poisoning.
When is he due to be leaving?
His heart probably just isn't in it any more.

I didn't realise Roger Bolton on R4's Feedback has also been axed. Probably being replaced by Andi Oliver or Sara Cox or one of those other people constantly being pushed for some reason.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.