BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ken Bruce and Steve Wright were great yesterday, played good music too.
Plenty of messages came in from people who had met The Queen, one guy was on guard, on a sweltering hot day, Queen brought him out a glass of orange squash :cry:
Bob Harris is on this afternoon, followed by Gary Davies at 5pm.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If anyone misses Simon Mayo on bbc radio 2, his shows on Greatest Hits Radio are good.
All request Friday etc same format as his old drivetime shows.

Reactions: 2
I only started re-listening to BBC Radio a few weeks ago. I don't even know why. Even if things become worse, I am glad to have waved out Steve Wright and Vanessa Feltz. Both are absolute champions. Bless them both 💛

Reactions: 4
I think Paddy O’Connell should have his own show on Radio 2 I always enjoy when he fills in for others.

Reactions: 3
I think Paddy O’Connell should have his own show on Radio 2 I always enjoy when he fills in for others.
Paddy O'Connell is great isn't he?
The best broadcaster on BBC Radio by far. I think I said before here he reminds me of Eddie Mair with his wit and intelligence.
I didn't know he filled in on R2.

Reactions: 5
He is on radio 4 @ 9am on a Sunday morning with his Broadcasting House programme, it reviews the news, has the odd feature item & usually a panel of guests reviewing papers/stories.
It's a good listen

• Heart
Reactions: 4
He is on radio 4 @ 9am on a Sunday morning with his Broadcasting House programme, it reviews the news, has the odd feature item & usually a panel of guests reviewing papers/stories.
It's a good listen
Oh thanks for the heads up I’ll check that out next weekend!

Same here. Such an excellent broadcaster and interviewer and yet also warm and funny and interesting - very unusual to be all those things at once 🤣

Anyone know what the craic is with Rob Beckett's Sunday show? I wonder did they not trust a relative newcomer to hit the right tone given the circumstances. I wondered the same about Rylan last week but was he glad to hear him back yesterday.

Paddy O'Connell is a massive Eurovision fan 😂
Broadcasting House is a good programme. So much better than the equivalent on Saturday morning with the Rev Richard Coles, who always manages to make everything about him and who he met when he was in The Communards.

Private Investigations by Dire Straits after PopMaster :love:
Ken must have nipped out to the loo

• Haha
Jo Good's BBC Radio London late show is becoming increasingly desperate.

I thought we were well over tales from The Queue but Jo Good was squealing with excitement about her first guest on last night's show. The guy was billed as being "next to" David Beckham in The Queue. Turns out he was about 30 people behind him.

Other guests were some women promoting their podcast on the topic of 'wellness'. Yawn.

Jo told us she's received an upsetting letter, apparently a speeding fine that's escalated, claiming she never received the original infringment notice of the (alleged) incident on Park Lane. She should pay up and feel lucky police didn't investigate the footage she filmed herself and posted on her YouTube vlog where (it appears) she is driving on Park Lane with both hands off the steering wheel while looking into the camera.

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.