BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Glad to hear Shaun Keaveny will be sitting in for Robert Elms on BBC Radio London

Reactions: 1
Jeremy Vine's channel 5 tv show now runs until 12.45pm, how will he be able to fit in radio 2 12-2pm :unsure:

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Jeremy Vine's channel 5 tv show now runs until 12.45pm, how will he be able to fit in radio 2 12-2pm :unsure:
It’s ridiculously long now that programme. It’s just more of the same stuff. I haven’t seen it lately but when they first extended it JV still finished at his usual time and Storm presented the extra hour. Padded out with adverts every few minutes.

Glad to hear Shaun Keaveny will be sitting in for Robert Elms on BBC Radio London
Me too - I like Shaun a lot.

Robert's show was a good one today, mind. A bit like his shows of old, without too much of the imposed 'playlist' music.

Shaun Keaveny is a great listen, 6music afternoons used to be a must listen for me when he was on.
He got treated quite badly by the bbc, just my opinion.

Reactions: 4
Shaun Keaveny is a great listen, 6music afternoons used to be a must listen for me when he was on.
He got treated quite badly by the bbc, just my opinion.
Agree. There is NOBODY who needs to hear Craig Charles on the radio 6 days a week. I’m still scratching my head at this decision.

• Haha
  • Heart
Steve Wright is still on the Radio 2 schedules until Sept 30th.
Although I often slag him off, due to his oversized ego, it will certainly be the end of an era and Wright will definitely be missed.
I'll give Scott Mills a go but he comes across as a bit bland

Reactions: 3
1st contestant on PopMaster said oh if I had that set of questions I would have scored 33 points.
Really smacks of a bad loser when they come out with that :mad:

1st contestant on PopMaster said oh if I had that set of questions I would have scored 33 points.
Really smacks of a bad loser when they come out with that :mad:
Completely agree. If they’re putting themselves on Pop Master they should be able to take whatever questions are thrown at them.

Oh for goodness sake on Radio 4 usual programmes cancelled (3pm) and live coverage of the Queen's health with Evan Davis. All seems a bit ghoulish.

Oh for goodness sake on Radio 4 usual programmes cancelled (3pm) and live coverage of the Queen's health with Evan Davis. All seems a bit ghoulish.
It’s sad news about the Queen, I’m not a massive royalist or anything, but I can appreciate that it’s big news. However, the way the BBC have gone on today is absolutely ridiculous. The same coverage repeated over and over. By all means update the nation when there’s something new to tell us, but to interrupt normal programming with non-stop repeat footage on a loop, and talking about the poor woman’s demise is just morbid in my opinion.

ETA - sorry, I know this is a radio thread, but I’m referring to the entire BBC here, television too. Completely OTT.

It’s sad news about the Queen, I’m not a massive royalist or anything, but I can appreciate that it’s big news. However, the way the BBC have gone on today is absolutely ridiculous. The same coverage repeated over and over. By all means update the nation when there’s something new to tell us, but to interrupt normal programming with non-stop repeat footage on a loop, and talking about the poor woman’s demise is just morbid in my opinion.

ETA - sorry, I know this is a radio thread, but I’m referring to the entire BBC here, television too. Completely OTT.
No I agree. All seems quite creepy and ghoulish. All waiting for her to die.
Very odd.

I tuned in only a short while ago but I like the way Vanessa Feltz is dealing with it on on TalkTV/Radio. If it goes on too long it will become ghoulish. But seeing that RAF jet landing just now at Aberdeen things must be pretty serious.

Such sad news about the Queen. I can’t help but feel the media, including the BBC are revelling in it. The coverage just seems too much.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.