BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That Richie bloke doing travel reports is so annoying.
Yes!!! He’s awful isn’t he! And now he’s beginning to show up everywhere. He popped up on the telly one day and we had to switch over. He absolutely loves himself and is a right know it all, when he doesn’t actually know anything.

I’m so glad it’s not just us! 🤣

Reactions: 3
Yes!!! He’s awful isn’t he! And now he’s beginning to show up everywhere. He popped up on the telly one day and we had to switch over. He absolutely loves himself and is a right know it all, when he doesn’t actually know anything.

I’m so glad it’s not just us! 🤣
He tries to dominate every conversation with Ken Bruce.
Must be in flavour at the beeb.
I think he irritates Ken too 😁

Reactions: 2
Absolutely gutted Steve wright is leaving R2. It is the only thing that keeps me sane on my drive home. I’m still trying to process this. Another hour of sara cox? No thanks.

• Wow
Absolutely gutted Steve wright is leaving R2. It is the only thing that keeps me sane on my drive home. I’m still trying to process this. Anotff he er hour of sara cox? No thanks.
Hallelujah I say! 😂
Mind you, can’t stand Coxy either… Hopefully it’ll be someone decent to replace him, but given the current trajectory I’m not optimistic.

Hallelujah I say! 😂
Mind you, can’t stand Coxy either… Hopefully it’ll be someone decent to replace him, but given the current trajectory I’m not optimistic.
Scott mills😠 not a patch on SW IMO. Sara cox is just rubbish I can’t stand her.

Reactions: 5
Steve Wright is leaving? Retiring or going somewhere else?
I thought they'd have to carry him out feet first.
I wish Sara Cox would calm down and stop talking in silly voices as I want to like her, but can only tolerate so much.

Steve Wright is leaving? Retiring or going somewhere else?
I thought they'd have to carry him out feet first.
I wish Sara Cox would calm down and stop talking in silly voices as I want to like her, but can only tolerate so much.
I think he’s still doing stuff just not his regular afternoon show anymore

Reactions: 1
Never been the same since Simon Mayo was pushed out the door.
Heard that Tony Blackburn's Golden Hour is moving to a Sunday.
I'd rather Wright stayed instead of Mills taking the show to be honest, bland springs to mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Not gonna lie, I saw Steve Wright trending and thought he'd died! He was such a mainstay of Radio 2 I thought they'd never get rid of him. He drives me mad but I bet he'll be a miss.

Reactions: 4
I’ve had a feeling Scott mills would be a permanent on R2 for a while but I’m shocked he’s replacing Steve Wright. I thought Vernon kay might, I think he’s great when he covers shows

Reactions: 6
I don't actually mind Scott Mills on 5 Live on Saturday mornings 😬
His sidekick Chris Stark is awful though. If ever Scott is off and Chris has to carry it on his own he is dreadful. Flounders terribly with no charisma in the slightest.

Scott Mills is terrible whenever he stands in for Ken Bruce. He always messes up Pop Master.
Rather him than Sara Cox, but let’s see how he gets on. At least we won’t have to suffer bloomin’ factoids anymore… 🤣

The bbc seem determined to ruin radio 2 like they did 6music, turn it into a radio 1 'lite'.
Radcliffe & Maconie, Shaun Keaveney, used to love those shows in the afternoon.
Same with Simon Mayo drivetime, the through-the-night output & now Steve Wright, who admittedly does annoy me at times.
Ken Bruce will be next :cry:

The bbc seem determined to ruin radio 2 like they did 6music, turn it into a radio 1 'lite'.
Same with Simon Mayo drivetime, the through-the-night output & now Steve Wright, who admittedly does annoy me at times.
Yep. I don’t think they realise who their audience is - who they want it to be, is different to who actually listens.

Can't get rid of Ken!!!! That would be the death of Radio 2 to me.
Radio 1 has gone to tit too, only Greg James worth listening to now.

Can't get rid of Ken!!!! That would be the death of Radio 2 to me.
Radio 1 has gone to tit too, only Greg James worth listening to now.
Same here, if Ken goes there'll be little left to listen to.
I haven't listened to Radio 1 since about 1992 & the demise of the KLF
😁

• Haha
Same here, if Ken goes there'll be little left to listen to.
I haven't listened to Radio 1 since about 1992 & the demise of the KLF
😁
I love Ken. If they get rid of Ken I won’t listen to 2 anymore.
Have you seen there’s a documentary on Sky about the KLF - looks really good!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.