BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very surprised that Jo Good on BBC Radio London last night was doing an Insta live using her personal Insta account. Jo kept giving out her Insta handle, ostensibly so listeners could join the the live but this will drive followers to her IG account, which she uses personally as an advertising platform.
That is quite odd - I'd have thought this needed to be a BBC SM account.

Reactions: 1
That is quite odd - I'd have thought this needed to be a BBC SM account.
Jo often says that she thinks management don't bother listening to her in the evenings saying, to paraphrase, that she can get away with a lot. She probably figured if the bosses pulled her up on it she'd take the slap on the wrist in order to benefit from the increased engagement, which, in turn, she could use to attract more brands to advertise on her socials.

She said producer Alice set up the live. You would think some in that role would know better.

I do hope some of the higher-ups at the BBC read this thread, they should be monitoring forums such as this if they are doing their job, they contain valuable public opinion.

She said producer Alice set up the live. You would think some in that role would know better.
Probably didn't feel she had much choice.

That makes me wonder - are the producers the presenter's line manager, in a way? I just wondered how that works.

Curious comment by Jo Good on her BBC Radio London show yesterday afternoon (BBC Sounds at 1:52:10).

Jo Good says she receives a lot of "random emails...because you follow me on social media, but I don't promote my social media on the radio so if you find me, then well done..."

Really? The attention-seeking advertiser who's always saying on air, on the BBC, "I URGE you to go to my You Tube channel @middleagedminx". So - while claiming she doesn't promote her social media on the radio - she is promoting her social media on the radio by talking about not promoting her social media on the radio. IMO "If you find me" = "Go and look for me".

That comment does imply, however, that she's not supposed to promote her social media (ads) on the radio. She seems to have found a shady way of doing so anyway.

Reactions: 2
Jo Good says she receives a lot of "random emails...because you follow me on social media, but I don't promote my social media on the radio so if you find me, then well done..."
That's really odd. She's always promoting her socials.

Again last night - Jo Good on BBC Radio London gave out her Instagram handle several times. This was ostensibly so listeners could see the brief livestream at the start of the Barking at the Moon segment. It is more likely she has contrived this so she attracts more followers to her own Instagram account, harvesting eyeballs to see the advertisments she places there.

She was joined in the studio by dog expert Anna Webb, whose handle she also gave. Both Jo and Anna have been showing deliveries of dog food on IG, hashtagging the brand so it would be fair to assume they have a commercial arrangement, if not they surely would have indicated #notsponsored or similar.

I really do not know why the BBC allows this, the livestream should go out via BBC-operated IG account, not via the perosnal, monetised account of the presenter.

I know we shouldn't be surprised by any of this, being simply the latest example of Jo Good's usual behaviour, but it's worth noting for the record. It also points out the hypocrisy of Jo Good claiming (last Sunday on her radio show) that she doesn't promote her socials on the radio.

Jo Good is using her BBC radio show as a platform to spruik her ad-heavy social media accounts.

Last edited:
Was listening to Robert Elms. He was speaking to someone from Cadiz in Spain. He mentioned he's got a place there. Lucky git. Must be doing alright. I don't listen to BBC London a lot, but heard him a couple times. What are the salaries like for BBC radio? Someone like him anyway?

Jo Good is continuing to use her BBC Radio London show to promote her monetised social media accounts. On the Jo Good Tattle thread mention was made of yet another instance of her referring to her socials on air, it was noted with surprise that this time she didn't actually read out her IG handle.

But she made up for it last night (BBC Sounds 1:02:00) where she very pointedly gave her handle with a strident a tone "...my Instagram which is Jo Good Middle Aged Minx if anyone would like to follow me on Instagram...". She also mentioned that she was doing something "for my YouTube".

Such direct - and more shady - plugs for her monetised socials happen during most of her shows. If more BBC listeners look at her SM platforms she will benefit from any purchases they make via her ads and "click here" affiliate links.

FACTOIDS !!
Smells..
Tim Smith....smells, what does your house smell like???
I have those plug-in air fresheners Steve
*smelly feet*
WOW! Thanks Tim Smith!
Janey Lee Grace whatcha got??
FACTOIDS !!

• Haha
FACTOIDS !!
Smells..
Tim Smith....smells, what does your house smell like???
I have those plug-in air fresheners Steve
*smelly feet*
WOW! Thanks Tim Smith!
Janey Lee Grace whatcha got??
FACTOIDS !!
Can’t believe he’s still on the payroll…

• Haha
This fad for writing detailed books and programmes about the most mundane subjects has gone on too long imo.
On Radio 4 now a programme about.... your front door.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not long now folks til some serious jockin'...that's J...O...C...K...I...N......no G!
Here's the bobster...thanks Steve

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Very good World Service Outlook interview last night with Tom Robinson. Available on Sounds I'm sure. Outlook is so good for good interviews with interesting people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.