BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Greatest Hits Radio will now have Mark Goodier, Jakki Brambles, Simon Mayo, Ken Bruce......and could Steve Wright end up there too? 😲
Not forgetting Richard Allinson, Paul Gambaccini who also have shows on GHR.
Shocking what radio 2 bosses have done to the station recently, only Liza, Paul Gambo, Johnnie W & Tony Blackburn are left & worth listening to, on weekends only now.
There's a list of talent as long as your arm that bbc have got rid of, from G Norton to Ken now.

My dad has been an avid Radio 2 listener for years but all of a sudden all his favourites have gone. Don Black was the start then Paul O'Grady then followed by Steve Wright. The only ones left were Ken Bruce and OJ Borg.

I gave him the news about Ken today and said I'd tune his radio to Greatest Hits after Ken leaves. That would be fab if Steve Wright ends up there too.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My dad has been an avid Radio 2 listener for years but all of a sudden all his favourites have gone. Don Black was the start then Paul O'Grady then followed by Steve Wright. The only ones left were Ken Bruce and OJ Borg.

I gave him the news about Ken today and said I'd tune his radio to Greatest Hits after Ken leaves. That would be fab if Steve Wright ends up there too.
The sad thing is, bbc try to determine everything by age.
You don't need to be old to like 50's or 60's music or young to like music from the 00's.
Not a chance they'll attract younger listeners who already probably prefer their own playlists on spotify or whatever.
I think Ken has played a blinder here, maybe even caught the bbc out a little bit, as his announcement came out of the blue.

Reactions: 10
GHR already have Ken on their homepage. Well done to their marketing team. Quite the coup especially if he is taking Popmaster with him and it stays at 10.30am. Hopefully Ken has done very nicely out of it.

1673972977746.png

Reactions: 10
Simon Mayo's show on GHR has been good, not as many ads as feared & a few shout-outs to Ken Bruce too.

Reactions: 3
The sad thing is, bbc try to determine everything by age.
You don't need to be old to like 50's or 60's music or young to like music from the 00's.
Not a chance they'll attract younger listeners who already probably prefer their own playlists on spotify or whatever.
I think Ken has played a blinder here, maybe even caught the bbc out a little bit, as his announcement came out of the blue.
I think Ken thought after what they did to Steve Wright it was only a matter of time he was for the same treatment.

It's so stupid when TV and radio go on about attracting younger listeners or viewers. The oldies are their main audience. They don't seem to realise that you naturally migrate as you get older. I started on Radio 1 like every other young person then one day, as if by magic, I found myself shouting answers at Ken on Popmaster.

It's like shops. One day you're a young and trendy girl about town and the next you're in M&S looking at a sensible cardigan :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Noo ! Just read that Rylan Clark is expected to take over from Ken Bruce.

Like Rylan but only on a Saturday

Rylan Clark tipped to be among favourites to take over from Ken Bruce # via https://android.com

• Wow
I haven’t listened to R2 since Scott started, Steve was a bit dated but you knew what you was getting and used to make my work day! Gutted about Ken, I love Popmaster so will make the move to GHR.

Reactions: 5
Did anyone see Gary Lineker get pranked tonight live on air, with the 'adult entertainment ' noises? It was a recorder type gadget taped to a chair apparently. I reckon it was a fan of Ken Bruce making a point to bbc lol

• Haha
RIP Radio 2 as far as I’m concerned. Now Ken’s off I’ve got no reason to listen anymore, at least not during the week.
Apart from Johnnie Walker and Liza Tarbuck at the weekend, they will offer nothing for me.

I must be so old. I still think of Ken Bruce as being a relative newbie. Filling in for Jimmy Young 😂
Someone needs to get a grip of Radio 2. It seems to be all over the place right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My husband has just asked a question about Pop Master. What happens to anyone who would have qualified for Champions League on Radio 2 before Ken leaves? Will they have a mini one the week before he goes?

My husband has just asked a question about Pop Master. What happens to anyone who would have qualified for Champions League on Radio 2 before Ken leaves? Will they have a mini one the week before he goes?
I’m just glad he owns the format and can take him with him to GHR

What happened to owain wynn jones taking over early breakfast? It’s still Nicky chapman next week. Not that I listen to R2 anymore I’ve boycotted it now. Just wondered.

He is very entertaining. Many people are saying he could be in line for the Ken Bruce gig.
I thought he was everywhere at first, well he still is kind of, but the more I listen to his show the more I enjoy it. His banter with the traffic reporter is fun, and his banter with guests and callers in general is good.

Reactions: 2
I used to finish work at 3PM now it's 4PM so I get to listen to some of Rylan, he was at risk of being over saturated at one point, but love how down to earth he still is well apart from is over reaction on X Factor. I like listening to Paul Gambaccini too, I listen on internet radio and BBC are changing how they do whatever so may have to find another station.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.