BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gave Scott Mills another go today, how about some Lightning Seeds?
Yes please Scott...5 bland pop songs later the listener got Lucky You.
Waffled for about 10 minutes about his podcast Pop Secrets, Jo Whiley appears, what dress will AJ Adoodoo wear tonight for the Eurovision draw?
This listener had lost the will by now...here's Rita Ora :rolleyes:
A travesty what they've done to radio 2 afternoons (and Drivetime)
Grim
I was at my daughter's house last Sat morning and she had R2 on. Claudia Winkleman. She had AJ Adoodoo on and they were waffling on about what dress she would wear back then 🤦‍♀️ For about quarter of an hour.
I find Jo Whiley unlistenable too. Far too many comments from listeners - 'Kaz and Mikey are in the car on the way to Cornwall. "Loving the show Jo. Such good vibes. The Guerillaz song reminds us of the time we first met at Glasto. Thanks Jo" Ah isn't that great. Enjoy Cornwall guys'
Ad nauseum.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was at my daughter's house last Sat morning and she had R2 on. Claudia Winkleman. She had AJ Adoodoo on and they were waffling on about what dress she would wear back then 🤦‍♀️ For about quarter of an hour.
I find Jo Whiley unlistenable too. Far too many comments from listeners - 'Kaz and Mikey are in the car on the way to Cornwall. "Loving the show Jo. Such good vibes. The Guerillaz song reminds us of the time we first met at Glasto. Thanks Jo" Ah isn't that great. Enjoy Cornwall guys'
Ad nauseum.
Totally agree.
Whiley is a bit self obsessed, always waffling about seeing Flo & The Machine before a handful of invited guests
Lovely :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The 1st contestant on PopMaster was terrible today, maybe Ken is on the fiddle, keeping the decent ones for when he switches station in April.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The 1st contestant on PopMaster was terrible today, maybe Ken is on the fiddle, keeping the decent ones for when he switches station in April.
I know when my friend was on he was accepted months before he actually appeared on it.

Reactions: 2
I know when my friend was on he was accepted months before he actually appeared on it.
Did your friend do well on the quiz?
I believe the contestant has to answer some music questions & get a percentage correct before being accepted.

Did your friend do well on the quiz?
I believe the contestant has to answer some music questions & get a percentage correct before being accepted.
Yeah he won & got 3 in 10 but didn't score enough for champion league. I read an article recently basically saying if you cone across dull during the phone interview bit you don't get on!

• Haha
Is today announcement day on R2. Just heard that Owain is doing the early breakfast slot. Glad I'm not up early for that one

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Another Girl Another Planet by The Only Ones followed by Souxsie and The Banshees
Had to put my weetabix down :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
I read yesterday that Gary Davies is being suggested to do Ken's show. Don't mind him tbh

Reactions: 7
I now listen to Boom radio. Tuned into GHR but was full of adverts which put me off. But will listen to Ken when he's there!

6 Music is playing tracks from 1978 all day. Good range of tracks so far.
Some great music indeed, there's nothing like these sounds nowadays.
Would be great if bbc radio did this more often, celebrate a classic album by playing tunes all day from that year.
The cynic in me says they are trying to keep radio 2 listeners annoyed by the changes, from tuning away from bbc radio 😁
---

The 2nd contestant on PopMaster got a very tough set of questions, quite unfair.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.