BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like Rylan’s show but I can only do an hour, then he starts playing too much club type music that’s not my thing. I guess he wouldn’t play that if he was on a weekday morning…!

Reactions: 4
I don't think Rylan will do Monday to Friday. He was quite vocal in his autobiography that he loves having control over the music on a Saturday. I don't think he would have that during the week.

Reactions: 5
I like Johnnie Walker but it's nice to hear 'whispering' Bob Harris doing Sounds of The 70's on a Sunday.

Radio 2 went totally off-air at around 3 o'clock for about 15 minutes
Such drama 😁

Reactions: 3
Caught some of Scott’s show when I was driving earlier, Christ it’s bad 😂 it’s like his old radio 1 show circa 2008

Reactions: 9
That must be a record even for the egotistical Rev Richard Coles. Not one minute in to Sat Morning Live and he mentioned he was in Bronski Beat 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Happy 80th birthday Tony Blackburn, a nice moment earlier when Dermot O'Leary phoned up Tony's wife, just after the handover between their shows.

---

There is 3 hours of Tony tomorrow night from 7pm on radio 2, to celebrate his broadcasting career.

Reactions: 6
I like Rylan’s show but I can only do an hour, then he starts playing too much club type music that’s not my thing. I guess he wouldn’t play that if he was on a weekday morning…!
Haha. Yeah I'm not a fan of club music personally, but each to their own. To be honest I normally try catch up on BBC Sounds and skip most of the music in favour of listening to the talk. I prefer the talking parts of music radio, including Dermot in the morning when I can listen. I'm a speech radio fan mostly, but half the time the speech radio stations are a bit depressing with the news. I like the banter between Rylan and the travel woman. Not really familiar with the people on the station to be honest, but I think it's the travel woman. Doesn't Rylan also DJ? He vaguely mentioned DJing earlier on his show, but didn't know he DJ'ed.

Reactions: 1
Gave Scott Mills another go today, how about some Lightning Seeds?
Yes please Scott...5 bland pop songs later the listener got Lucky You.
Waffled for about 10 minutes about his podcast Pop Secrets, Jo Whiley appears, what dress will AJ Adoodoo wear tonight for the Eurovision draw?
This listener had lost the will by now...here's Rita Ora :rolleyes:
A travesty what they've done to radio 2 afternoons (and Drivetime)
Grim

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Gave Scott Mills another go today, how about some Lightning Seeds?
Yes please Scott...5 bland pop songs later the listener got Lucky You.
Waffled for about 10 minutes about his podcast Pop Secrets, Jo Whiley appears, what dress will AJ Adoodoo wear tonight for the Eurovision draw?
This listener had lost the will by now...here's Rita Ora :rolleyes:
A travesty what they've done to radio 2 afternoons (and Drivetime)
Grim
I still can’t get my head around them binning Steve wright for that dross

Reactions: 8
I still can’t get my head around them binning Steve wright for that dross
Yes, Mills' show is garbage, I'm in my early 50's which is supposed to be within the radio 2 listener range, hmmm don't think so.
I think Wright is still under contract with Radio 2, he's still doing Sunday Love Songs.

Reactions: 7
Reactions: 6
Thanks for posting that article.
The really annoying thing for me is the age thing.
It's all BBC box ticking exercises, trying to pigeon-hole the listener.
It will be interesting to see the surge when Ken starts on Greatest Hits Radio in April.
Was going to say the same thing. Those figures are only to date. Will be even more once Ken leaves. Unless they act now, and quickly, based on the evidence before them. Why can’t they see it - it’s plain as day, we’ve seen it coming for ages. It’s their sheer arrogance that gets me. They think they know us better than we know ourselves.

Reactions: 5
Thanks for posting that article.
The really annoying thing for me is the age thing.
It's all BBC box ticking exercises, trying to pigeon-hole the listener.
It will be interesting to see the surge when Ken starts on Greatest Hits Radio in April.
I've preset GHR on my car DAB!

Boom Radio has doubled it's listeners in a year, to over 1/2 million per week, expected to rise to 800,000 in the next few months.
Greatest Hits Radio isn't perfect, ad breaks etc but there are some good shows like Simon Mayo on a Sunday afternoon plays forgotten album tracks & invites listeners to choose theirs.
Mayo does Drivetime during the week too, still even has that chef guy Nigel Bardon on cooking stuff 😁

Reactions: 2
Boom Radio has doubled it's listeners in a year, to over 1/2 million per week, expected to rise to 800,000 in the next few months.
Greatest Hits Radio isn't perfect, ad breaks etc but there are some good shows like Simon Mayo on a Sunday afternoon plays forgotten album tracks & invites listeners to choose theirs.
Mayo does Drivetime during the week too, still even has that chef guy Nigel Bardon on cooking stuff 😁
Can’t take to mayo’s drivetime shoe I don’t know why as I like him. his R1 breakfast show got me up in the morning (eventually) in my teenage years

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.