BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been off sick this week and really missed Steve Wright keeping me company whilst I'm in bed. Scott seems to just play music and hardly gets going. I miss the big show and the guests!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I've been off sick this week and really missed Steve Wright keeping me company whilst I'm in bed. Scott seems to just play music and hardly gets going. I miss the big show and the guests!
I’ve been wfh all week and miss it so much too😢

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My god, the 1st quizzer with Ken was annoying, non-stop chatter, squealing & giggling.
Wonder what's going on with Steve Wright, he's not on Sunday Love Songs again this week, rumours were 'The Big Show' going to Greatest Hits Radio, but it's gone quiet.
Bob Harris does Sounds of The 70's as Johnnie is away all month.

Reactions: 4
Anybody else gutted about Ken Bruce leaving in March? I wonder who will replace him, maybe Gary Davies.

I still don't feel like the Scott Miles slot is really "working" and between that and now Ken going it will be a very different kid of schedule.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I really wish Zoe ‘thank you gorgeous’ Ball joins in on the mass exodus.

Can’t think who will replace Ken. Massive shoes to fill.

Reactions: 9
Anybody else gutted about Ken Bruce leaving in March? I wonder who will replace him, maybe Gary Davies.

I still don't feel like the Scott Miles slot is really "working" and between that and now Ken going it will be a very different kid of schedule.
KB is going in March. whaaaat?
Tbh I could see this coming. After they got rid of wrighty the writing was on the wall

Reactions: 7
Sad day, I think my radio 2 listening is now over.
Ken is joining Greatest Hits Radio, with a 10am-1pm show.

Gutted about Ken. Listening to him on R2 was something me and my late dad always did together. End of an era. Apart from Liza on a Saturday there’s nothing to keep me on R2 anymore.

• Heart
Greatest Hits Radio will now have Mark Goodier, Jakki Brambles, Simon Mayo, Ken Bruce......and could Steve Wright end up there too? 😲
Not forgetting Richard Allinson, Paul Gambaccini who also have shows on GHR.
Shocking what radio 2 bosses have done to the station recently, only Liza, Paul Gambo, Johnnie W & Tony Blackburn are left & worth listening to, on weekends only now.
There's a list of talent as long as your arm that bbc have got rid of, from G Norton to Ken now.

Last edited:
I know he said it's totally his decision but if that's true what the hell is going on at Radio 2?! If you were close to retiring would you not prefer to stay where you've build your career and have a large, loyal audience instead of starting somewhere new? It makes me think is there something wrong with the culture there if it's not about contract or money.

Reactions: 9
I honestly hope radio 2 loses millions of listeners.
Just been reading that Ken takes PopMaster with him to his new show 😁

Reactions: 8
Lots said when Steve Wright left that if Ken Bruce left, listeners would leave in their droves! I have R2 on in the office during the day but my mornings start with Chris Evans on Virgin and Graham Norton at the weekends. Saturdays I only listen to Rylan.

Be interesting who will fill the spot - will it go to another female presenter as we all know the BBC like to be so woke! I'd love Gary Davies to take it on.

Reactions: 5
I hope Gary Davies gets the slot but again I have a feeling Vernon kay will. I thought he’d replace Steve wright

Reactions: 5
I honestly hope radio 2 loses millions of listeners.
Just been reading that Ken takes PopMaster with him to his new show 😁
Glad to hear that. Have any RAJAR figures come out since SW’s departure?

Probably tbh. The bbc are pushing him on us, look at strictly (which tbf I thought he was good and went out too early)
The public didn’t like him. But the BBC seem tone deaf to that hence the foisting of him.

Glad to hear that. Have any RAJAR figures come out since SW’s departure?

The public didn’t like him. But the BBC seem tone deaf to that hence the foisting of him.
No expert but I think the listening figures get released much later this year.
Steve Wright was on about 7m per week
Ken Bruce nearly 9m per week.
The controller Helen Roberts seems determined to kill the station.

Gutted Ken is leaving. Wish either Tony Blackburn or Steve Wright could take this slot.

I will stick with Boom radio til then.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.