BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Champions League PopMaster… how unfair was that Dennis Waterman question?! It wasn’t even about music. I know most would know the answer, but under those circumstances you could tell it threw him.

Reactions: 4
Champions League PopMaster… how unfair was that Dennis Waterman question?! It wasn’t even about music. I know most would know the answer, but under those circumstances you could tell it threw him.
The 1st contestant had a hill to climb, he did himself proud though.
Enjoyed it.

Reactions: 1
Richie Anderson sits in for Rylan on Xmas Eve
Bloody junior choice on Xmas Day morning
DJ Spoony sits in for Ken next week

Boom Radio, Solid Gold Gem & Serenade Radio beckons 😁

Paddy O'Connell is doing Broadcasting House from 8am for two hours on Christmas Day. Live I think.
He really is my favourite Radio 4 presenter by quite a long way. Hope the Beeb have the sense to hang on to him.
A ghost hunting programme in the afternoon with Mark Gatiss, only spoiled by the presence of the ubiquitous Rev Richard Coles.

Reactions: 6
Ex-bbc radio presenter Dave Lee Travis has been given a show on Boom on boxing day afternoon, this really doesn't sit well, he's a convicted sex offender.
I think Boom have made a poor choice here.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Ex-bbc radio presenter Dave Lee Travis has been given a show on Boom on boxing day afternoon, this really doesn't sit well, he's a convicted sex offender.
I think Boom have made a poor choice here.
Completely agree. I can’t get on board with this. What are they thinking? I get that they’re casting their net for ex-BBC jocks, but surely they have standards? 🤷🏼‍♀️ Who next, the mind boggles. I hope they receive comments / complaints about this and that nobody tunes in.

If DLT wants to work let him do something community based to perhaps show a little contrition, rather than giving his ego (and no doubt bank balance) a boost on national radio.

Reactions: 3
Only just got around to listening to Paul O’Gradys Xmas show on Boom this morning. It was great, so familiar and a nice cozy listen.

Also listened to Wrighty on Radio 2 on my drive home this afternoon, nice to hear him but just waiting on the announcement that he’s off somewhere new.

Reactions: 5
Brilliant score on PopMaster by Joanne with 36 points, I thought she was going to get a full house.

Spoony is hopeless at presenting the quiz though 😁

Brilliant score on PopMaster by Joanne with 36 points, I thought she was going to get a full house.

Spoony is hopeless at presenting the quiz though 😁
She was great. Should he have told her she’s definitely through to champions league though, or just in with a chance?

Reactions: 2
PopMaster, One Night in Bangkok by Murray Head, back to PopMaster, then Streets of London by Ralph McTell
:love:
Stroll on Ken

Reactions: 1
Tony Blackburn is 80 this month, a special tribute programme about his life airs on Radio 2 on Sunday 5th February, hosted by Dermot O'Leary.

• Heart
Another 36 on PopMaster for Len in Jarrow, sees him onto the highest scorers list, then some Vienna by Ultravox :love:

What's the consensus about Scott Mills now? I listened to him the other day, and it was better than when he started but still felt really .. dry? His radio 1 show was really fun, but this is nothing like that at all!
It's like he's gone from being the top guy at radio one to just another DJ at radio 2.

What's the consensus about Scott Mills now? I listened to him the other day, and it was better than when he started but still felt really .. dry? His radio 1 show was really fun, but this is nothing like that at all!
It's like he's gone from being the top guy at radio one to just another DJ at radio 2.
I think it indicates something about his standing (or lack of it) that the afternoon show has been cut by an hour to just two hours, while Sara Cox has been presenting the same kind of 'hope you're alright out there my loves, Jane from Swansea has just texted in to say that she's got a bottle of red open and a takeaway on the way' show since forever and has been given more airtime to keep doing it even longer? She's not a bad presenter per se, but radio needs people who are better than 'not bad' doesn't it?

At least Liza Tarbuck is still going strong on a Saturday afternoon...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.