Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grumpycat

VIP Member
I don’t follow him anymore but he’s clearly desperately unwell. The trouble is he clearly doesn’t see this himself and until he wants to help himself, he’s on a slippery slope downhill. The picture of him 10yrs ago are so far removed from how he is now it’s so sad

• Heart
Reactions: 4

grumpycat

VIP Member
I was mega into CKY / HIM and bam when I was a teenager.
HIM are a bloody brilliant band in their own right - the fans aren’t obsessive - drawing heartagrams is no different to metal fans drawing pentagrams but I digress.

Ville Valo actually found Bam very odd - if you watch any interviews post the era where bam stuck his nose in, Valo is very dismissive of him.
You can tell post the situation he understands Bam has issues and he doesn’t talk about that - at the time he heavily helped them try to break the US which I don’t think they wanted really but what band would say no to that kind of hype?

bam has gone down a terrible path and I remember seeing him in 2013 when they did the f*ckface tour - I’ve never felt so uncomfortable and walked out. It was them essentially perving over girls and gave me the ick

he is abusing himself terribly and I feel so sorry for his wife and son. She obviously tries to be there for him but she shouldn’t need to put up with such crap from him. I think Ryan Dunn’s death has had a huge deal to do with it but he also clearly has a lot of abusive issues with obsessive behaviours and documenting everything, he even did that wedding show with his ex missy.

I feel sorry for the guy but seeing his post where he let his new tattoo get infected - I think he’ll be dead before long

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
He always had the darkest vibe of all the Jackass crew (the way he'd hit his Dad was just weird). I'm not surprised he's in need of help.

grumpycat

VIP Member
Yes I have, they’re really chaotic, he has a pattern of uploading 6+ posts in quick succession, it’s usually aimed at the Jackass lot and how they’ve betrayed him or his language he made (Striggoi). Honestly, I don’t think he is sober, he claims to be and I wonder if it is that he doesn’t so drugs but does drink alcohol, his been seen in several posts (even in the drivers seat) with White Claw. I think that, along with his Bipolar is being detrimental to his health. He seems to be surrounded by a lot of young(er) folks, and I think they’re just taking advantage of his £££ whilst he thinks his still relevant/cool hanging with them. It’s sad to see, if he doesn’t get help sharpish I think he won’t be around for much longer. It astounds me his wife hasn’t called (another) intervention for him. She’s just as enabling, there was questions on whether she’s a user too.
I get the impression Nikki is picked up and down when he feels like it. She obviously cares about him but I sense he’s the kind of person who won’t allow help because there’s ‘fun’ to be had due to like you say, the younger enablers around him making him feel relevant again. I feel so sorry for his son as bam had so much potential and he’s on such an obvious decline.

I guess it’s easy for us to watch as outsiders and say why hasn’t he got help?! But from experience with family with mental problems it’s not so easy and if he’s not willing the help he won’t be receptive of it.

Reactions: 3

panini

VIP Member
I can't see him making it till the end of the year... after what happened a couple of weeks ago with his family. It is so so sad, he has never been the same since Ryan died.
I think it’s just that all those he surrounded himself with back then were worse than him. Now everyone has sobered up, it’s glaringly obvious how bad he is.

L3moning

VIP Member
ETA From what I remember, Dunn was vastly superior at skateboarding.
Bam was okay, but from just re-watching some of his skating videos now, essentially the only reason he was as good as he was had a lot to do with him seemingly having a complete absence of any kind of fear. Which helps, obviously, but that can't make up for lack of technical ability.

Little Bear

VIP Member
I had a Heartagram actually tattooed just down below my ear when I was 18 😂😭 wish I had just stuck to drawing it on my bag tbh it’s mortifying now I’m 30 and want to tie my hair up 😂
It’s okay I know people with several tattooed on them AND things like Bam’s signature

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
Anyone else keeping up with all the manic posts he’s been uploading to Instagram recently? He’s now trying to “organise” a boxing fight between him and Jeff Tremaine and claims he could kill him with one punch. He just uploaded a load of text messages of him harassing Tremaine as well, which swiftly got deleted soon after. He seems to be messaging him multiple times a day every day over and over telling him he ruined his life, etc. Dude has well and truly gone off the deep end and sadly I don’t think anyone can save him at this point. He’s gonna end up in prison or dead at this rate.
Yes I have, they’re really chaotic, he has a pattern of uploading 6+ posts in quick succession, it’s usually aimed at the Jackass lot and how they’ve betrayed him or his language he made (Striggoi). Honestly, I don’t think he is sober, he claims to be and I wonder if it is that he doesn’t so drugs but does drink alcohol, his been seen in several posts (even in the drivers seat) with White Claw. I think that, along with his Bipolar is being detrimental to his health. He seems to be surrounded by a lot of young(er) folks, and I think they’re just taking advantage of his £££ whilst he thinks his still relevant/cool hanging with them. It’s sad to see, if he doesn’t get help sharpish I think he won’t be around for much longer. It astounds me his wife hasn’t called (another) intervention for him. She’s just as enabling, there was questions on whether she’s a user too.

Reactions: 2

Peterboroughmum

I can’t believe how different he looks! I was quite into skateboarding/Tony Hawk and other skateboarders when I was a teenager in my emo phase. Wow.
same! Haven't thought about Bam for years but had to read the thread when I saw his name and shocked how he has turned out...or maybe not such a surprise really.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Watched this earlier. I'm not sure when it was filmed though, it shows him trying to get his life back together but I think he fell off hard soon after

• Heart

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
He was arrested at a hotel a few weeks back for public intoxication and is due to stand trial for assaulting Jess at some point. He was bailed on that on the understanding he passed tests which he did and agreed to go to Lamar Odom's rehab place but he only lasted a week or so before bolting. I think many hoped with him finally being allowed to spend time with Phoenix that, that would be enough but it doesn't seem to be. and now Nikki has full custody for the moment while Bam can only see him on Facetime.

I used to watch Viva La Bam and all the other spin-offs involving him Dunn, Raab, Rake and the others. I can honestly say that if someone had told me then that in the future, Novak would be clean and trying to help others while Bam was the one everyone was worried about, I'm not sure I would believe them, especially with how hard he and Dunn especially were on Novak all the times he promised he was getting clean then relapsing.
Wow - thanks for the update.
I can honestly say that if someone had told me then that in the future, Novak would be clean and trying to help others while Bam was the one everyone was worried about, I'm not sure I would believe them, especially with how hard he and Dunn especially were on Novak all the times he promised he was getting clean then relapsing.
Yes - it is crazy how things turned out. I still have hope that he can turn his life around and be a good father and get the relationship with his mother back on track.

• Heart

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Has anyone listened to the Dumb Blonde podcast with Bam as a guest?
It's really good - I recommend giving it a listen. He seems to be in quite a good place right now.

L3moning

VIP Member
I haven't thought of that band for years, blast from the past! Bam looks awful now, I didn't realise they were doing another Jackass. I used to think Jonny Knoxville was really hot but now they are so old haha! Does anyone remember Dirty Sanchez the Welsh version? They were absolutely mental made Jackass look tame!
That was completely nuts.

My mate reckoned I reminded him (in personality, not looks or accent :ROFLMAO: ) of Matt Pritchard from Dirty Sanchez at one point. I was never *quite* that self destructive though.

• Haha

em69

VIP Member
I can't see him making it till the end of the year... after what happened a couple of weeks ago with his family. It is so so sad, he has never been the same since Ryan died.