Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

terfette

Chatty Member
He started CKY when he was 13/14 doing stupid shit it didn’t become prominent until he was over 18 tho. And you don’t stop parenting immediately at 18… as for Jess, I think his an ass in his own right. You say he rents CB, but he doesn’t want him there - they renovated it when bam was sectioned. Sly.
I absolutely agree with you, his family have contributed heavily into how he is today, in order to profit and fund themselves.

Bam still needs to take responsibility now as an adult, for the damage he’s inflicting on his own son, but I do think the way his family have behaved is disgusting and they need to realise that they encouraged the very attitude he’s never grown out of when it brought them financial success.

I honestly think Steve-o is Bams best hope and he should find a way to cut ties with his family, even temporarily, take the help Steve-o has been trying to give him, and if he manages to get clean, look at healing family ties with a sober clean head.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Little Bear

VIP Member
I met him years ago in London, drunk of course and gave off dickish kinda vibes.
I remember reading an article a fair few years back now and I think he was in the UK and out and about. He was really drunk so a bouncer wouldn’t let him into the club they were heading to so apparently Bam got all “do you know who I am?” and tried picking a fight. The bouncer just replied “yeh” and floored him 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

They also link a story where he was in an argument with his gf about him being sober. It says he’s been clean for 5 months-I hope that’s true, he deserves some peace
From what the article describes, if true, this sounds like something that absolutely could have happened with a sober Bam.
However- the way Bam describes the incident makes him sound exactly, EXACTLY like Mac from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

“I aimed only to neutralize the threat and ensure the safety of my crew." 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

thatstupidcat

Party boy was always my favourite! Was Ryan Dunn the better skater of all of them? It's clear what the drugs have done to Bam as he looks a lot older than 40 or so. I think the last thing I watched with Jonny Knoxville was Bad Grandpa but it was bloody awful!

All the old Jackass crowd have grown to have somewhat sad endings. Johnny Knoxville “snapped” his penis while riding a bike down a ramp and loop, meaning he now has to self catheterise a few times a day because he can’t pee by himself. Steve-O who did all the extreme stuff was facing the equivalent of being sectioned for a big chunk of time and tried stand up for a bit. He even got into a feud with Amy Schumer after one of her shit Ryan Dunn-based jokes. Weeman lived out of his van when I last checked.

I can’t bring myself to watch any of their newer stuff - it looks like a bunch of sad old addicts seriously hurting themselves for pennies and kind of lost the anarchic joy of the original series. The highlight of which was having the actual Brad Pitt turn up, and being “kidnapped” by the crew for a joke to alarm onlookers before shoving him in a monkey suit and pushing him around in a banana-filled trolley. Good times.

ETA From what I remember, Dunn was vastly superior at skateboarding.

Clockwine

Novak has completely turned his life around and Bam used to slate him hard for it but he should’ve been using him as an example to aspire to.

It is really sad - I really liked him but it seems something happened with the MTV fame that he’s just ended up a a hole that he can’t seem to get out of. His family must be at their wits end the amount they have supported him over the years.
He’s done amazingly well and you’re right, Bam should be inspired by his story but I actually think he’s jealous of it/resents it. I think it’s why whenever he goes on a binge he always tries to “expose” Novak, when really there’s nothing to expose. It’s almost like he kept Novak around because 1. He was his friend who would just do anything for money, so great content and 2. He made him feel better about how he was doing in life. Now Novak is actually doing really well, he can no longer serve either of those purposes in Bam’s warped mind. He also knows that he just doesn’t have that same spark in him that Novak eventually did to get clean, and doesn’t wanna try and find it.

Little Bear

VIP Member
As a fan for years, seeing what he’s become now is really sad. I’ve been especially disturbed by the way he’s been berating and publicly embarrassing his wife and child recently on Instagram. The fact he calls Phoenix “titty boy” and blames him for his lack of sex life is vile. I can’t understand why Nikki let’s him make those remarks, let alone post them publicly on the internet. When she said she won’t have sex with him because he doesn’t shower or brush his teeth I almost vommed.

I don’t necessarily agree that his issues are solely related to Dunn’s death. Bam seems like the little boy who never grew up. He was praised and paid for acting like a jackass his whole teens/twenties, then when people moved on and MTV were no longer interested he just never matured and stayed in that eternal state. I think he thought once he got married and had a baby he would grow up but nope, still acting like a cringy ass teenager and can’t let go of the old days. You can see that in his Dr Phil episode when he literally blames everyone else for his problems except himself, and in his subsequent insta-rants. He has no concept of responsibility.

All his old friends from Viva La Bam have moved on, got married, got normal jobs, distanced themselves from him and generally sorted themselves out, but sadly I don’t think he’ll ever get it together. But I hope I’m wrong. I mean, look at Novak, he seemed like a lost cause and now he’s doing great!
Novak has completely turned his life around and Bam used to slate him hard for it but he should’ve been using him as an example to aspire to.

It is really sad - I really liked him but it seems something happened with the MTV fame that he’s just ended up a a hole that he can’t seem to get out of. His family must be at their wits end the amount they have supported him over the years.

L3moning

VIP Member
I was a fan of Jackass (and CKY) when I was younger, and he's always seemed like he's on the verge of complete self destruction. Maybe some of it was playing a character at the time, but if so then its not now. In some ways he seems like quite a cool guy, but I would imagine he would be a handful to be friends with.

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
I think it’s a complex situation.

Bam is an addict and there is no excusing his behaviour, his latest rant saying he’ll take smack everyday until his ex lets him see his son is absurd. Aswell as a lot of other things he has done, he can be extremely toxic.

But; I do believe his family have contributed towards his whole self. They used him as a cash cow & did very little in regards to parenting, because they knew it bought the money in. Even now, they all utilise him for their incomes, his brother living in his house, Phil selling assets while he was coaxed falsely into being sectioned by April who met him under the pretence of seeing his son, at a bar, buying him alcohol and then sneaking off to call the police that she was ‘scared’. The body cam footage just shows what a set up it all was, so yes, I do feel sorry for him in that aspect. His family are toxic also.

At the end of the day, he is responsible for himself, he has money to get the best therapy, rehab, mental health treatment than most, but he won’t. Because he just isn’t responsible & is not ready to get healthy, and he probably never will. It’s a shame for his son, I think his ex did the best thing getting him away, althoughm she is questionable ..she’s a meth head herself.

Heyholetsgo

VIP Member
Party boy was always my favourite! Was Ryan Dunn the better skater of all of them? It's clear what the drugs have done to Bam as he looks a lot older than 40 or so. I think the last thing I watched with Jonny Knoxville was Bad Grandpa but it was bloody awful!

Reactions: 5

thatstupidcat

Bam was always a bit of a bully and extremely sneery to others on his show and now he’s physically repugnant now, it’s very hard for people to gloss over his behaviour anymore.

A lot of his pranks in retrospect was just him punching his dad or uncle or simply dangling dollars in front of his lackies to see what he could get them to do (like Novak). He was also pretty nasty to whichever girl he was with on that particular episode and even squared off with (and backed down) Tony Hawk when the latter briefly appeared on his show for a tour bus trip. Hawk told him off for a ”prank war” which involved his unwitting tour bus which he didn’t find remotely funny.

Bam broke a lot of bones as a skateboarder and on his show so I have always wondered if he mixes opioid-based painkillers with alcohol - I’ve known fellas with duff backs or worn out knees from sport who turned into absolute fiends when they mix the two. Not excuse him, but he’s clearly lashing out all around him and trying to put them in their place to make himself feel better.

shellie

VIP Member
Every so often, Bam pops into my head and I wonder about how he is doing so I google and the story is always pretty much the same...

Is there any real updates on him? I would love if he turned his life around.
He was arrested at a hotel a few weeks back for public intoxication and is due to stand trial for assaulting Jess at some point. He was bailed on that on the understanding he passed tests which he did and agreed to go to Lamar Odom's rehab place but he only lasted a week or so before bolting. I think many hoped with him finally being allowed to spend time with Phoenix that, that would be enough but it doesn't seem to be. and now Nikki has full custody for the moment while Bam can only see him on Facetime.

I used to watch Viva La Bam and all the other spin-offs involving him Dunn, Raab, Rake and the others. I can honestly say that if someone had told me then that in the future, Novak would be clean and trying to help others while Bam was the one everyone was worried about, I'm not sure I would believe them, especially with how hard he and Dunn especially were on Novak all the times he promised he was getting clean then relapsing.

VomitCulture

Thank you for writing that, I should have done really. So yes, they’re filming/filmed jackass 4 and because of Bams sobriety and Bipolar Paramount checked in that he was clean and taking his mental health meds everyday. They then decided his a liability and cut him out of the film; Bam went on a massive tirade he hit the bottle and went to IG spouting how he hates them all, they stole his ideas and that his going to create his own version of Jackass and asked his fans to send him money for that project. Nice huh.

What’s concerning to me lately is how his consistently berating his wife on IG, lately his been trying to humiliate her for not having sex with him, his even started calling his son a c0ck blocker. His so vile, used to think he was funny but a bit of an asshole back in the CKY days, now I think his scum.
Vito is dead and also was a massive perv.
I feel so bad for his wife, the things that he posts about her are vile. She looked so sad and fed up in that last drunken rant video he posted :(

• Sad

Traazers

VIP Member
Out of that era I always fancied Brian Molko more¹, and in hindsight that era Conor Oberst was hot too. Ville was hot though. As was the guy from The Rasmus, who's name I can't remember.

¹Although calling Placebo "emo" is probably sacrilege to a fair portion of their fans.
all of them yes.

Reactions: 4

Warpaint

VIP Member
Was randomly watching MTV cribs the other day and it was Bam on there. Proper blast from the past. I remember the weird obsession with H.I.M, then again the band seemed to attract the obsessive fan types. I remember at school there were a lot of Heartagrams drawn on bags.

Back to Bam though - his popularity in the 00's still baffles me to this day.

Diddikins

VIP Member
This is going to sound awful but, every time I see a new post on this thread, I half expect it to say he’d dead.

MaltyBay

Bam just never really grew up, did he :(

My teen years were full of CKY, Viva La Bam and Jackass and it’s like he’s gone in reverse. He’s always been a bit of a knob but watching someone’s obvious decline is always uncomfortable and sad to watch. I feel Ryan’s death accelerated it.

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
I have to disagree with you there as H.I.M are an excellent band, they might not be to your taste but they certainly didn’t need Bam to be popular
This! And not an emo band. 🖤

I agree with everything relating to Bam, you have to remember though that the kind of fame he had during a time of no social media was intense, and at a young age. His name was everywhere and his job was to be given crazy amounts of money to do stupid shit, being encouraged to drink and do drugs. It's no surprise he has an inflated sense of importance and now can't cope with the fact that he's a nobody. If you look at a lot of fucked up celebs from the naughties it's a similar story, Lindsay Lohan, Aaron Carter, even Britney. What they were subjected to because of their fame to wouldn't happen these days.

Last edited:
  • Heart

YeahBrackie

He's not sober, unfortunately. He got into another disagreement recently with a tattoo artist too after he refused to pay. The artist said Bam admitted to putting whiskey in his coffee that morning. I doubt he's managed more than a month or so before going back to drinking occasionally. It might work for a bit, and be manageable in the short term, but what we're seeing now is another full on spiral I'm afraid.

He's just cancelled the rest of his UK question and answer tour due to "injury" but it's quite clear he's just on another bender. He's also gone back to posting erratic videos on his real Instagram account (not the official one which he doesn't manage)

• Sad