Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Paxobeans

Chatty Member
For what it’s worth, I could imagine Richard Gadd being a bit naive about Martha/Fiona being identified- remember he’s done several shows about it (admittedly to a much smaller audience), and it’s it possible he’d forgotten all the tweets were still up? Without the tweets no one would have found her.

Netflix however, HAD to have known how these things blow up, surely their due diligence would have unearthed the tweets, so did they want her to be found? They must have known this is how people would react- they’ve had enough shows go viral like this

Reactions: 25

doodlebug

VIP Member
I find it hard to believe that a massive corporation like Netflix would not have had their legal team consider all of this beforehand. At the end of the day, BR is not a documentary. Whilst it has been touted as “a true story” - it’s for entertainment purposes. It’s a limited series. They had to write certain things to fit in space they had - e.g. Martha going to prison so as not to leave it open ended.

I think where RG fell down was that a) he didn’t anticipate it being as big as it is; b) which in turn meant perhaps he didn’t think FH would catch wind of it and/or be identified; and c) even if she was, she’d never have the means to sue. When he said he didn’t think she’d recognise herself, I genuinely believe he meant that due to the fact she clearly has a warped sense of reality. (Like she probably genuinely believes she never sent 41,000 emails…)

xoxogossipgal101

She is unhinged! Saw this tweet, Richard Gadd would have been 26 when she tweeted this. She should have just admitted she did do it, she was unwell, served her time and is sorry for what she put him through... but it's just lies, lies and more lies 🤣
Screenshot_20240509_213740_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha

welp

VIP Member
got around to watch it now: going by her Richard Gadd was more often on BBC Breaking News than Donald Trump

• Haha

Paxobeans

Chatty Member
I might be in the minority here but had I been raped and also had a stalker who hounded me relentlessly as well as my family members...I genuinely don't think I would give a fuck about either of them getting exposed or found out in the process of furthering my career. Netflix and Gadd have most likely covered the legalities of Baby Reindeer so..it's all tough luck really.
Yeah I totally agree. Netflix have to have seen the emails/voicemails etc to allow ‘this is a true story’ to be all over it

Reactions: 24

Tabitha

VIP Member
Her ego and delusion are so huge that she really believes she can talk so convincingly and that us jobless 20-somethings who rot our brains on Netflix are too stupid to realise it.
That’s it. She thinks she’s outsmarting everyone.

Yet she’s so stupid to undermine the public like this.

She doesnt even realise an actress doesnt stay in role outside of filming.

rannyrart

I’ve just finished binge watching this, it was very sad and very brave. I was very moved by his relationship with his parents and that closer bond he got with his father when he understood his father was abused.

I do think Gadd is trying to expose his groomer without being completely responsible if that makes sense. I say this as someone who was groomed and raped, it’s such a complicated relationship you have with your abuser, it’s very hard to articulate, but the hate isn’t as you’d expect, there’s not that burning desire for revenge, because it’s all clouded by other feelings. How I feel disgusted by Gadds rapist, I don’t feel that towards mine, I’m sure the sentiment is the same among many survivors.

And just an FYI, I was left with EUPD, and I am absolutely not deranged, or a stalker 😂

• Heart

femmegirly

Chatty Member
I did 8 o levels at school, 8 gcse's at college (I did subjects that my secondary school didn't offer - I was also time wasting as I didn't know what to do with my life) ); 3 A levels ; RGN nurse training - plus a degree ....and I can tell you every single grade 😂 .....I also did nvq assessor's and adult teacher training post grad ....I'm 52...so, it was a long time ago!

I've rewatched the interview.......it's amazing how much she knows about the series - even though she hasn't seen it. She says she's talked to many journalists but, then said she only trusted Piers Morgan...the woman is a walking contradiction.....
But you clearly weren’t educated in Scotland where THERE IS NO GRADE FOR AN ORDINARY DEGREE. How many times does this need said in this thread?

• Haha
  • Heart

aimzalicious

VIP Member
I love that she's contradicting herself loads - she only sent him "13 or 18 tweets" very specific number for someone thats never contacted him? Also saying she's only met Gadd once or twice but then saying they're friends later in the interview?

• Haha
Reactions: 23

justonemorepage

VIP Member
What got me was her saying how long would it take to write 41k emails when she literally trots out 100s of FB statuses per day 🙈

soupmodel

VIP Member
Only just joined this thread so apologise if this has been voiced before. My biggest take from Baby Reindeer was that Gadd viewed himself, Martha, his Dad and Teri as victims that were left increasingly vulnerable after enduring trauma.
Tonight’s interview with FH was disturbing; as a mental health professional I feel she shouldn’t have been allowed to be interviewed in this manner. I have said on many a thread on here that we don’t need to medicalise people- some people can just be shitty people; nothing to do with mental illness. However, l believe FH needs help.
As a mental health professional, can I ask if you think that she is the sort of person to take anyone's advice that doesn't fit her narrative?

I cannot see someone like her accepting a diagnosis of a mental health condition or any sort of disorder, never mind agreeing the therapies or medications.

I'm also relieved that you agree some people are just not great, makes me feel better about my post about my own relatives.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Side note - I wonder what the thought process behind the outfit was....

...'perhaps a yellow blazer will highlight my sunny and bright disposition and show people that I am positive'

1715242346462.png

• Haha

InkHeart

Chatty Member
Is there an instance of a male stalker being interviewed to give their side of the story?

I wonder if there is a Susan Boyle element to all this; "Look at the funny Scottish woman!"

I'm no Piers Morgan fan (he's done some awful things and tends to be contrary just for the sake of it) but will have to watch this interview to see how she comes across.

I'm finding the attention she is getting all very strange.
Not stalking, but Prince Andrew, Kevin Spacey, Jimmy Savile, Michael Jackson and Russel Brand have all been interviewed for their side of the story.

• Heart