Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soupmodel

VIP Member
He made it clear enough that web sleuths found her within a couple of hours so I think it would.
But if a stalker has left their tweets up online (from an old twitter account that share public posts), why is that the victims problem? I don't understand this.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

No tea just coffee

Chatty Member
Thank you for saying this. Total merail but something I found quite cathartic about BR was the fact he didn't report. I didn't report either and there's a weird stigma around not reporting. You can be weirdly blamed for the fact the perpetrator may attack again and, had you reported, you might have saved someone. There can be a really horrid grief and guilt around not reporting.
I hate this stigma. Having worked in SA recovery the majority who I worked with hadn't reported. The system is so shocking most didn't see the point and just wanted to focus on their own recovery. Sometimes those who reported felt like they had been through more trauma when the case never went any further and were left feeling more hopeless and victimised.

EL1976

She blatantly found out about the play cos she was constantly googling Richard Gadd’s name. Why the fuck would it have been on BBC Breaking News?

• Haha

xoxogossipgal101

I just think making her Scottish and a lawyer was seriously stirring from Richard Gadd. Neither of those elements add anything to the plot and just made her easier to identify
Heaven forbid she is called out for her behaviour which was quite frankly disgusting. If it had been a man we would be calling for his head but because she's a woman we are to sympathise with her? She is deranged and whilst I understand it is not nice for her to be receiving hate / threats etc, I can't feel sorry for someone who went to such lengths to make someone else's life a misery. I don't think many will agree with me but just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

xoxogossipgal101

PM "6 is a lot"
FH "Is it?"
PM "I don't know anyone with 6 email addresses"
FH "You don't know many people then, I know many people with 4, 6 email addresses"

Aye, sure you do hen! What a fucking shit show!
🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31

InkHeart

Chatty Member
I don’t think she is mentally unwell. I think she has Autism/Aspergers

Hopefully I can get the image of Gadd’s big green spot out of my head before me dinner
People with that tend to be very truthful, and not good at manipulation.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

InkHeart

Chatty Member
She's doing the pathological liar thing of filling in with irrelevant details to try and distract. "My friend lives in Edinburgh, but she was on holiday." "I was in there for food. I'm diabetic."

I don't think she seems mentally ill (that doesn't mean she isn't though), she seems like someone who has spent her life telling lies and built all these erratic habits to distract from all her lies, which makes her more and more frantic and erratic.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
She doesn’t have a reputation to damage. She’s not a public figure and she doesn’t have a job, nor is she qualified in any profession where she could’ve faced disciplinary proceedings etc. It’s not enough just to say people now know who she is and think she might’ve gone to prison. The threshold for reputation damage is high because defamation is thought to be contra free speech so it’s difficult to actually bring a successful claim.

Fee24601

I’m not a fan of diagnosing people by watching them on television, and I strongly disagree with the autism suggestion. I’m a parent of a teenager with autism and I work in schools doing interventions for young people with autism and other neurodivergence. I realise that the person who first mentioned ASD said they work with adults with autism and asbergers, but clinicians don’t tend to use asbergers as a diagnosis any more.

I have nothing more to add re: FH or BR but I would plead with everyone to take care when discussing neurodivergent issues; challenging stereotypes are a huge part of our daily work. TIA ❤

• Heart

NitrousOxide

Chatty Member
I hate this stigma. Having worked in SA recovery the majority who I worked with hadn't reported. The system is so shocking most didn't see the point and just wanted to focus on their own recovery. Sometimes those who reported felt like they had been through more trauma when the case never went any further and were left feeling more hopeless and victimised.
The police advised me not to press charges because there was no point 🥲

• Sad
  • Wow

soupmodel

VIP Member
Added a spoiler so there can be a trigger warning for anyone who doesn't want to read about sexual assault & suicide...
I think one of the huge issues is also the process victims go through when they report it. My friend was raped and it's quite traumatic for them, extremely invasive straight afterwards and to go through all of that and not get a conviction? A lot of officers even tried to convince her not to take it further too.

My friend's trial was awful, some of the women in the system were supportive of her, I'll give them that. She was terrified to be in the room with the man who assaulted her, luckily she was granted being streamed into the court so she didn't have to see him again.

He was convicted (possibly because he was from another country, where he had previous) but she had to listen to being called a prostitute by the defense, belittling her for how she dressed, said she was "asking for it" and all sorts 😡.

Takes a huge toll mentally and if life-altering and devastating all-round. She would often disassociate and we would lose her for short periods of time when spending time together. She lost her job, she wasn't allowed to drive, ended up having seizures too. The PTSD was something she couldn't cope through and unfortunately she took her own life. All because of what another human forced upon her. I know that if that hadn't happened to her that night, she would still be here. She had her whole life ahead of her.

PS, did you know it only counts as the R-word in the eyes of the law if the man successfully "finishes"? So he was found guilty of sexual assault in the end. Disgusting 💔

I'm sure it's only about 50% of them in Scotland that end in conviction, a lot get "not proven" too. The amount of evidence required is insane.

If it's this hard for female victims to speak up about, be supported/believed, have the strength and mental ability to get through a court trial, I'm sure RG is trying to highlight how men being assaulted by men is probably something that is rarely believed.

• Sad
  • Angry

MooBelle

VIP Member
This is all getting a bit Jeremy Kyle.
She's been given a makeover and put on a TV show with a master manipulator.

Missmopps

VIP Member
On a different note, this popped up on my Instagram feed. How to transform Jess Gunning into Martha

• Heart
  • Wow

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
I watched the Piers Morgan interview - I found her accent to be very unusual. The words drawn out, with a lot of sssss at the end,
Her accent actually reminded me of a Little Britain character. The Scottish flute playing hotel owner.
Yesssssss Yesssssss…. 😵💫😆

• Haha
Reactions: 29

LittleMy

VIP Member
It would’ve been good if he whipped out the receipts 😅 but I guess she would never have gone on there if that was in the pipeline. She said something about telling the producers/staff that discussing relationships was out of bounds so sounds like she was calling the shots to some degree. She really showed herself up though! Good on him for doing it.
He’s basically sat back and let her trip herself up with her lies, he really didn’t need to have the receipts. She’s exactly as she was portrayed.

Reactions: 29