Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BBC1HD

VIP Member
Laura Wray is lying.
Richard Gadd is lying.
Piers Morgan is lying.

Everyone's a liar and she's the one telling the truth 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21

dovelist

Omg he bought up the surname Muir!!! The name she went by when she stalked the politician and his wife, child etc. Hope he skirts back to that.

• Wow

EL1976

Just sitting here thinking she could have commanded a hell of a lot more naughts on the end of that £250 she got paid

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I kind of wish it had actually been live and not pre recorded because if that’s what made the cut I’m dying to know what was edited out.

Not_A_Troll

VIP Member
The comment about using lie detectors for mass murderers stuck out to me. I just get the feeling she uses that to minimise it to herself. As in oh well I didn't murder anyone I'm not a criminal like them.
I honestly think she’s believes she didn’t do anything wrong, she’s kind of admitted that she did send stuff but in her head it’s not a big deal.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
She’s not got a hope in hell of defamation because it’s not enough to just have someone said something untrue about you. You have to prove loss of reputation in a way that gives rise to damages. So if she had been sacked for example - but she doesn’t work. She hasn’t lost anything tangible from this IMO. If she goes to court all she will do is put all the evidence of her stalking in the public domain.

NitrousOxide

Chatty Member
Bizarre that folk are playing the MH card on her behalf, imagine if this were a male stalker and abuser - he'd be strung up, not sympathised with.The self rightous be kind brigade are lolz regarding this program
Huh? Male abusers get away with their actions all the time. WAY more often than not, in fact! Where do you live that men are strung up for abuse? I'm moving there! 🎊

• Heart
Reactions: 20

soupmodel

VIP Member
Tbh how many people watch the end credits?
In the opening credits it states “this is a true story” without the disclaimer.
Imho they should have then immediately followed that with the “some events have been created for dramatic purposes, etc…” blurb.
I cannot understand why they appear to have “hidden” that fact at the end.
It’s disingenuous and, even if 99% of events in the series ARE true, it has now put doubt in people’s minds which is a real shame.
The Crown is another one... Real people, but it's a drama. Have we lost all critical thinking?

Ray_of_Sunshine

VIP Member
Sorry but I believe every single thing that’s been said about her including her depiction in the show 🫣 I think it’s bang on the money.

I'd be really interested to know if the SA that took place in BR by Martha really happened or if it was to show a visual representation on how she made him feel like the intrusion, shame, loss of control etc. I do think if she never assaulted him though then it's very strange to include it.

InkHeart

Chatty Member
Whether she has a diagnoseable illness or not, she's clearly harming other people and not acting in her best interests. If this country had better resources, she would be under some sort of care programme, even if just having a social worker to check in on her.

I do think Gadd and Netflix should have been better prepared for the fact that people were going to try and find out who she was, but ultimately she chose to out herself.

I hope Gadd is doing ok now that he is sort of indirectly in communication with her again, because he won't be able to escape hearing about what she says in the interview.

She's already made a public statement that she's not happy about the Piers Morgan interview and she feels used. No doubt that Piers does exploit people, but I doubt she ever takes responsibility for everything. I bet she always says someone else was using her.