Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's the case that Donny finds when googling isn't it.
---
I’m more and more certain RG knew exactly what he was doing and sadly she’s been exposed
It's as if he's written the story, then turned it over to the public and media to punish her rather than the justice system.

Reactions: 20
Do you think she'll come here? Scary!

Though I'm wondering if she's just good at old school stalking. Not digital sleuthing.

Reactions: 1
I feel like her mind is so cluttered and she just has to offload on FB. She keeps saying she's done and going to stop but then there's another 6 statuses 🙈 I don't think she can stop now. I wonder if RG is going to address all of this. Maybe he's been advised not to.

Reactions: 14
I don’t think she has. ETA made her page private
Who is ETA?
One thing that bothers me… isn’t ‘lawyer’ an American term? Don’t we use the terms ‘solicitor’ and ‘barrister’ in the UK and Ireland? Or is lawyer a thing as well?

Reactions: 7
I feel like her mind is so cluttered and she just has to offload on FB. She keeps saying she's done and going to stop but then there's another 6 statuses 🙈 I don't think she can stop now. I wonder if RG is going to address all of this. Maybe he's been advised not to.
Shame on him if he doesn’t
---
Who is ETA?
One thing that bothers me… isn’t ‘lawyer’ an American term? Don’t we use the terms ‘solicitor’ and ‘barrister’ in the UK and Ireland? Or is lawyer a thing as well?
ETA Edited to add
Lawyer is used in the UK

Reactions: 6
I don’t think she has. ETA made her page private
Sorry - I see now she has more than one account in the same name - you can see all her posts on one of them.

On the account that is private she has 2000 followers? I thought it was friends we had on there…

Reactions: 2
I think Gadd made a mistake to play his own character in this. should have casted someone else to play him. I think that way the specifics of his story (identity of his abuser/stalker) would gain less interest, if you get what I mean.

I also think too little time has passed to do such a big adaption. I get often it helps to just speak about it, but I think it's a big thing to basically re-live this trauma again so soon, especially with the added risk of it re-igniting his stalker's interest.

Reactions: 15
I have not read the entire first thread on BR. So I’m not 100% sure what’s happened after the show was aired.
But this the most realistic series depicting the behaviours around SA I’ve ever seen in my life.
The fear and shame around having a bond with your abuser(s), not being able to not stop yourself going back for more and more abuse, the constant confusion that makes you act out in ways you could not imagine.
Also hearing and seeing people’s reactions on how fucked up it is, how he could have stopped it at anytime, how he has a part to play, etc really has reminded me how far we still have to go in order to understand victims of SA.
I was 8 years old when I started getting abused, I wasn’t a scared little victim petrified of my own shadow, I was infatuated with him (aged 45). Even after he received a 13 year prison sentence, I didn’t believe it was rape. Until I saw a therapist as an adult and learned abuse and trauma rewires the brain, rewires our reward system - which affect all other future relationships forever.
Needed to be shown. This is real life. Victims aren’t angels, we don’t need to be, to be heard.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 113
I can't understand how Martha has become the bigger story here rather than the man who shall remain nameless (in this post). A man who had stamped his feet and silenced his victim (again), with lawyers.

It's clear to me from the posts I've seen that the people who are naming him are correct. I've given it a lot of thought and I believe it to be the truth. It sickens me that he can throw his money around to silence his victim.

This whole thing is so complex and really sad. Nobody comes out of it well.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I wonder if RG is going to address all of this. Maybe he's been advised not to.
He’s probably been told to keep quiet and it’ll all die down eventually. Which to be fair it will. People will get bored of Fiona and move on to something different.

Reactions: 2
I can't understand how Martha has become the bigger story here rather than the man who shall remain nameless (in this post). A man who had stamped his feet and silenced his victim (again), with lawyers.

It's clear to me from the posts I've seen that the people who are naming him are correct. I've given it a lot of thought and I believe it to be the truth. It sickens me that he can throw his money around to silence his victim.

This whole thing is so complex and really sad. Nobody comes out of it well.
I do not see how one abuser is any better or worse than the other. Is it because she is female with mental health problems? Or because she ‘loved’ him (love is not abuse)
If you can sexually assault another human I have no respect or sympathy for you, she may have her own vulnerabilities and have mental health problems. But she actually has full mental capacity and is able to make her own decisions on whether or not to inflict SA onto another human, mental health or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry - I see now she has more than one account in the same name - you can see all her posts on one of them.

On the account that is private she has 2000 followers? I thought it was friends we had on there…
There’s a new account with same profile pic created today with loads of posts but with ….. after everything, not how she types. People are weird.

Reactions: 1
if the abuser is who we all think it doesn't surprise me how bold he's being. in the show he hadn't and ounce of shame when gadd showed up again after his metldown, he even admitted he'd seen it, called him brave and took no real ownership in his role of the breakdown

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.