Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

me telling my husband about everything that’s happened in the last week. He’s looking at me like I’m crazy.
Yes, this is me trying to convince my daughter to watch BR and immerse herself in the drama. She won’t🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can only seem to find two accounts under her name, one doesn’t have any posts since 2013 and the other just shows her picture!

Reactions: 1
Yes, this is me trying to convince my daughter to watch BR and immerse herself in the drama. She won’t🙄
Yeah my husband won’t watch it either.

I even started talking about the Hawley Arms and Abby Clancy 🤣🤣 could see his eyes glazing over with boredom and I couldn’t stop talking.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
While I understand why people are side-eyeing Richard for what’s going on now, I think people forget that the show is based on his other work, so he has talked about „Martha“ for years which I’m pretty sure the real Martha is aware of. Now things are on a bigger scale because it’s Netflix but I’m not sure he could have anticipated the hype and craziness that followed the release. He doesn’t seem like that much of a mastermind tbh.

And maybe this is just me but I’m not sure it’s his job to protect his stalker? And well, I know this is not the times we live in, but there was always the option for people to NOT go and dig around to find the woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
I thought the point in the show was to highlight the aftermath of abuse? Like how the trauma-bond is so unstable and illogical to those who haven't lived it. The hypersexual and risky behaviour you can expose yourself to afterwards because you're so disconnected from yourself, your just an object and how could it get any worse? The fact it impacted his sexuality and how he never be sure if he was always this way and not aware or if it was entangled in the abuse he was a victim of.

I thought it highlighted how victims don't have to be these pure angels to be victims or to be believed, they can too have their own history and flaws.

You could tell it was translated onto TV from a theatre kind of set up so it's not like people couldn't have figured it out before but obviously this has blew up.

Finding her online is a weird situation, I guess it might add to why people don't always speak up about their abuse until sometimes they feel they can when someone has passed (obviously a lot of people don't have a TV series made about them but I'm certain there will be many people out there who have been abused by people in the media, who they have to see on screens all the time).

• Heart
Reactions: 71
I see FH keeps mentioning The Wrays in her recent posts.
Apparently she also goes by the name surname Muir in her dealings with the Wrays.

Reactions: 5
I had a really open conversation with a young man this week who disclosed to me CSA. He then asked if I’d seen Baby Reindeer and said it was the best thing he had ever seen. With this current situation and the fallout its easy to forget that this show shined a spotlight on some really difficult and important issues which will have helped lots of people. Trauma fucks people up and can lead them to act in unfathomable ways. I’m not sure anything else has showed this as clearly as this show and the outcome.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Anyone else clock the brand of her tv in those videos? ISIS 😆 the irony.

Reactions: 5
I thought the point in the show was to highlight the aftermath of abuse? Like how the trauma-bond is so unstable and illogical to those who haven't lived it. The hypersexual and risky behaviour you can expose yourself to afterwards because you're so disconnected from yourself, your just an object and how could it get any worse? The fact it impacted his sexuality and how he never be sure if he was always this way and not aware or if it was entangled in the abuse he was a victim of.

I thought it highlighted how victims don't have to be these pure angels to be victims or to be believed, they can too have their own history and flaws.

You could tell it was translated onto TV from a theatre kind of set up so it's not like people couldn't have figured it out before but obviously this has blew up.

Finding her online is a weird situation, I guess it might add to why people don't always speak up about their abuse until sometimes they feel they can when someone has passed (obviously a lot of people don't have a TV series made about them but I'm certain there will be many people out there who have been abused by people in the media, who they have to see on screens all the time).
There comes a point where rehashing your trauma is a form of self harm. The best way to get over it is forgiveness not for them but for yourself. Move onto better things , his abuse is now becoming a core feature of his identity.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
There comes a point where rehashing your trauma is a form of self harm. The best way to get over it is forgiveness not for them but for yourself. Move onto better things , his abuse is now becoming a core feature of his identity.
Absolutely and hurt people, hurt people. It can be a horrendous cycle. Not an excuse, just a reason. I hope everyone has gotten the help and support they need.

Your abuse becomes part of your identity regardless but when it's a secret, it just eats away at you.

With RG choosing to make this go from stage to screen and appearing in it while advocating for men to speak up about sexual abuse... It's most likely his way to feel in control of something that had a hold over him anyway.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I see FH keeps mentioning The Wrays in her recent posts.
Apparently she also goes by the name surname Muir in her dealings with the Wrays.
Yes she changed her name didn't she.
I would have thought she wouldn't be allowed to be posting about that name and making accusations. I think she's going to end up in a spot of bother.

Reactions: 6
Yeah my husband won’t watch it either.

I even started talking about the Hawley Arms and Abby Clancy 🤣🤣 could see his eyes glazing over with boredom and I couldn’t stop talking.
I still can’t get over Abby Clancy getting dragged into this.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I still can’t get over Abby Clancy getting dragged into this.
You mean by financially supporting her brother who has never worked a day in his life whilst at the same time working at the pub and shagging every young woman who walked through the door?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
FH ‘Martha’ reminds me of my ex partner’s mother in so many ways. She was also Scottish and would happily rant and rave about things from politics to celebrity gossip. FH talks a lot about Scotland and Scots being so great, exes mother was also exactly the same. It was as if she knew, or wanted to know, everything about everyone else whether that be people she had in her life, or the rich and famous. I often wondered if it made her feel important knowing the ins and outs of others lives. I know she had a very rough upbringing and all 4 of her children got caught in that abusive cycle.
It was confirmed she had autism a few years ago. I wonder the same for FH? Autism perhaps combined with childhood trauma?
She doesn’t seem to have any social cues or self awareness. Fixates on things. Maybe she’s never felt like she fitted in, never been diagnosed and is now carrying a lot of anger with her. I can’t seem to find it in me to find any sympathy toward her, but the soft side of me hopes that she does have people around her who care and can protect her should she be in any danger.

Reactions: 13
I cannot believe the Sun newspaper has actually outed FH. They will be fire engines attending their offices tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not her apologising for her "bad typing" because her hands are "sore". I don't know maybe stop typing and go to bed. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 27
When I first watched this I did think ooh it’s dodgy and he shouldn’t be exposing a vulnerable woman like that. But the more I think about it, I feel like why shouldn’t he tell his story? And why shouldn’t he play himself - it sends a really strong message, that you don’t have to be ashamed or hide your face, have someone else portray your trauma. I think on the balance Gadd has done much more good than harm with BR.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.