Baby Names

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having a girl in April and our top names we both like are

Heidi
Madison
Maya

none are names I had in mind before pregnancy and keep coming back to them. All honest opinions are welcome! It’s so hard when you want to know friends and family opinions but don’t want toshare your name until the baby is here!

I need opinions on the name Jenna, is it too dated? Our surname starts with “Mac”
If you love it go for it.

I wouldn't think it was dated.
---
Augustus is cute but it's becoming very popular, which would put me off if I were naming a real baby. Wouldn't want a child to be one of five or whatever in a class with the same name.

I always think of this song when I think of that name. It would only be a reminder if you're a fan.

Heidi
Madison
Maya

none are names I had in mind before pregnancy and keep coming back to them. All honest opinions are welcome! It’s so hard when you want to know friends and family opinions but don’t want toshare your name until the baby is here!
I like Heidi and Maya. Madison to me seems a bit American high school.

Reactions: 1

Heidi
Madison
Maya

I have a Maya :)
I like Heidi too

My favourite name is Alaska. I also love Autumn, Ivy, willow & indie.
No idea what I'd name a boy!

Reactions: 2
I feel bad for parents who try to give their children rare, meaningful names these days because papers keep making articles on them and then the names jump in popularity (if they're nice). I've always somewhat resented the omnipresence of english-speakers also because it means our cultural names & symbols are not really ours anymore, this is a given when Americans (who seem to love pinching our old names lol) choose them because they spread all over the globe. I feel bad for the Cornish especially that their names became so popular in the US, especially as they are considered a bit 'trashy' now apparently, like Jennifer is thought of as 'basic'. So sad. They have so few names to pick in the first place.

I don’t even have kids but here’s my list:

Girls:
Noa
Eden
Edith - wouldn’t use it because I feel it’s a little old fashioned so Eden is my replacement i suppose
Kya
Willow
Eva - wouldn’t use this as my sister has an Evie
Nellie / Eleanor

Boys:
Sebastian - this is my favourite name ever
Kit
Casper
Teddy - wouldn’t use this as I don’t know if it will age well
Elio
Finn
Albie

Last edited:
You could have Theodore or Edward and shorten to Teddy so they have the option to go by the full name when they get older.

I like Eden too. Could shorten to Edie. Which is also a lovely name.

Our daughter is Juliet and I'm currently pregnant with our second baby, gender unknown.

We both like Eleanor, my only reservation is that I hate Ellie and Ella as nicknames and unfortunately they're both fairly likely.
I know an Eleanor known as Nell, which I really like. And a couple of Eleanors and Elinors who are only ever known by their full names.

Im 23 weeks atm and we have an Ada Lily and I really wany Mabel Violet... My husband said absolutely not. Totally hates the name I need something sort of old to go with Ada and Violet has to be the middle name ( I've got a flower theme going on ha!) Does Edie Violet sound nice or Frances Violet? We just cannot seem to AGREE he keeps picking names like charlotte, Robyn, Libby and those are just all a no i do not feel they go with ada nicely.

Sorry for the huge message

I am so stuck with names for both genders - were not finding out.
I like Jude and Isla but other than that I am stuck.

Husband keeps suggesting names like Peter, Toby and Theo.... but I don't like them.
Especially since family members had dogs called Toby & Theo growing up.

I really like short names.... our daughter is only a 4 letter name too.
I think I like names that cant be shortened since my name was always shortened growing up, hardly ever get called my full name by anyone, ever.

Im 23 weeks atm and we have an Ada Lily and I really wany Mabel Violet... My husband said absolutely not. Totally hates the name I need something sort of old to go with Ada and Violet has to be the middle name ( I've got a flower theme going on ha!) Does Edie Violet sound nice or Frances Violet? We just cannot seem to AGREE he keeps picking names like charlotte, Robyn, Libby and those are just all a no i do not feel they go with ada nicely.

Sorry for the huge message
Mabel is lovely. Shame hubby doesn't agree and would have gone beautifully with Ada. Have you thought about Alice? Ada and Alice go nicely together. Personally prefer Edie to Frances but that's because I know a Frances.

• Heart
I know an Eleanor known as Nell, which I really like. And a couple of Eleanors and Elinors who are only ever known by their full names.
From a slightly different angle, I was at college with an Eleanor who goes by Poppy, including to her family, because she hates the name Eleanor.

The only Ellie I know is a nickname for Helen.