Baby Names

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pregnant with our second and find choosing a name hard so keeping an eye on this thread. So far some I like;

Boys - Flynn, Miles, Reid

Girls - Emmie, Eden & Seren

Reactions: 1
Bort.

I'm joking. I like quite traditional names for boys, like James, Matthew.

For girls floral names; Jasmine, Rose.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I like the more uncommon names

And for girls

Ava
Olivia
Yazmyn
Mia

Being a huge hp fan I'd never hear the end of naming my kids after characters despite the fact that it's the name itself I like but I do like Severus and Hermione
I hate to break it to you but these girls' names are going to be the Sharons and Traceys of the next generation, they're so common now.
(They're all lovely names, apologies to anyone who has used these names, I've got granddaughters with two of them. Apologies to any Sharons and Traceys too, I've also got a very common 60's-70's name, and my best friend is called Tracey, as is my sis-in-law, and two of my colleagues! 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I have a Harvey, Toby and Sebastian. I love old fashioned names so probably not everybody's cup of tea but they fit well with my own name, my mum's etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love Archer but I think it's too similar as my little boy is Arthur. We are loving either Arlo or Archie at the moment. I always find it so hard to settle on a name!!

Boys:
Neal
Freddie
Ríoghán (pronounced Ree-awn, it's Irish)

Girls:
Alice
Sadie
Caragh
Careful with Irish names, I have a welsh name and not one English person can pronounce it, Scots are fine and even some Europeans but a no no in England. I also got sick of people asking me how to spell it or just spelling it totally wrong. It was annoying and RIoghan would have the same effect.

• Heart
I know people who pronounce it that way already.
My point is if you use a name that’s commonly pronounced one way (it’s always Me-lah where I’m from, I know loads of kids called it!) and expect people to pronounce it another way, your kid is going to have a frustrating life. Like calling your kid Geoff and insisting they pronounce if Gee-off.

Reactions: 2
From memory boy names on my short list were Ralph/ralphie, Finlay/fin, Oscar, Hugo, Freddie, max, Sebastian/sebby, Noah and Issac. Good luck and congratulations!

I’m 25 weeks pregnant with a boy and decided on the name Koby. Took a while for me to decided on I or with a y. But just been told in another thread it sounds chavvy 😂😂. But personally I love it

I’m 25 weeks pregnant with a boy and decided on the name Koby. Took a while for me to decided on I or with a y. But just been told in another thread it sounds chavvy 😂😂. But personally I love it
As long as you love it that's all that matters.