Baby Names

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 25 weeks pregnant with a boy and decided on the name Koby. Took a while for me to decided on I or with a y. But just been told in another thread it sounds chavvy 😂😂. But personally I love it
Someone on the names you can’t stand thread said the name I have for my son is chavvy. it’s not chavvy at all 😂 people are always gonna have an opinion, as long as you love the name nothing else matters

Reactions: 1
I’m really struggling with names… our surname is Rose. Let me have your thoughts on the names please

Georgie

Alessia

Blake

Esme

Francesca

Alba

Hattie/Harriet

Billie

Mollie

Theodora

Freya

Callie

Darcie

Sadie

Ophelia

Robert

Oscar

William

Isaac

Henry

Kit

Finn

Luca

Casper

• Heart
I’m really struggling with names… our surname is Rose. Let me have your thoughts on the names please

Georgie

Alessia

Blake

Esme

Francesca

Alba

Hattie/Harriet

Billie

Mollie

Theodora

Freya

Callie

Darcie

Sadie

Ophelia

Robert

Oscar

William

Isaac

Henry

Kit

Finn

Luca

Casper
I love all these names so much! I love Alba, Sadie, Finn and Luca!
My current baby name list is
Fiadh
Millie
Maeve
Thea
Noa
Alba
Maeva
Lua
Leona
Wren
Sienna
Elenna
Maisie
Eléa
Leni
Maela
Madison
Maddie
Luna
Lennon

Everen
Iarla
Leo
Albie
Cillian
Ezra
Nico
Jonah

I follow a lot of baby name instas and write them down as soon as i like one, I can’t wait for the day it’s my turn 🥰🥰

thanks! Love your names think we have similar styles. Your names I love love love Noa, Alba, Maddie, Nico and Jonah 😍

• Heart

Georgie

Alessia

Blake

Esme

Francesca

Alba

Hattie/Harriet

Billie

Mollie

Theodora

Freya

Callie

Darcie

Sadie

Ophelia

Robert

Oscar

William

Isaac

Henry

Kit

Finn

Luca

Casper
Personally I'd avoid the one syllable names as to me it sounds a bit dull with a one syllable surname. I thought Ophelia Rose sounded really pretty (or maybe something else with the -ia ending). Good luck!

thanks! Love your names think we have similar styles. Your names I love love love Noa, Alba, Maddie, Nico and Jonah 😍
I have a Jonah. Love it. Not at all common, but not unusual either. Only thing annoys me is a surprising amount of people miss the h off the end?! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Our daughter is Juliet and I'm currently pregnant with our second baby, gender unknown.

We both like Eleanor, my only reservation is that I hate Ellie and Ella as nicknames and unfortunately they're both fairly likely.

Phoebe is another we agree on but we just don't love it as much as we did Juliet.

I like Lydia, Mabel and Willa but my husband isn't totally sold on Lydia or Mabel and hates Willa with a passion 😆

For boys we both like Harvey, Malcolm and Calvin, but again none of them are jumping out quite as much as Juliet did for us. When I was pregnant with her we were set on Theodore nn Theo if she was a boy, but it's so popular now we've gone off it completely.

We have some nice enough names we agree on, but I want something we really love like our daughters name. Such a hard job naming babies!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Georgie Rose and William Rose are adorable l!! Matthew Rose after the old Easter Dersingham character

I'm really into what is called "traditional" names so things like Ivy, Elizabeth, Laura, Mary, Amelia for girls and James, William, Michael, David, Peter, etc for boys. Probably quite boring to some but I feel you can't go wrong with the classics, they are timeless and just so much more appealing to me than being wacky for the sake of it like calling your kid Pilot Inspektor or Banks or something!

Reactions: 5
I'm really into what is called "traditional" names so things like Ivy, Elizabeth, Laura, Mary, Amelia for girls and James, William, Michael, David, Peter, etc for boys. Probably quite boring to some but I feel you can't go wrong with the classics, they are timeless and just so much more appealing to me than being wacky for the sake of it like calling your kid Pilot Inspektor or Banks or something!
You cannot call a precious baby boy Peter or David 😭🤣🤣

• Haha
I just told my sister I liked Edelweiss as a middle name she said “Ewww everyone is going to tease your child”.

I have had kids in my school classes called Felix, Charles, Wolfgang, Augustus, Edwin and Vitus. 🤪

Our daughter is Juliet and I'm currently pregnant with our second baby, gender unknown.

We both like Eleanor, my only reservation is that I hate Ellie and Ella as nicknames and unfortunately they're both fairly likely.

Phoebe is another we agree on but we just don't love it as much as we did Juliet.

I like Lydia, Mabel and Willa but my husband isn't totally sold on Lydia or Mabel and hates Willa with a passion 😆

For boys we both like Harvey, Malcolm and Calvin, but again none of them are jumping out quite as much as Juliet did for us
Juliet is a lovely name. Your girls names all go will with it but I just can't see Juliet and Malcolm or Juliet and Calvin going well together.

Reactions: 2
I'm childfree, not ever having kids. I can like the names I want with zero consequences. :ROFLMAO: The topic does interest me though as I write fiction and I love coming up with names for my characters that "fit" as well as I can make them.
---
I just told my sister I liked Edelweiss as a middle name she said “Ewww everyone is going to tease your child”.

I have had kids in my school classes called Felix, Charles, Wolfgang, Augustus, Edwin and Vitus. 🤪
Augustus is cute but it's becoming very popular, which would put me off if I were naming a real baby. Wouldn't want a child to be one of five or whatever in a class with the same name.

I would have agreed but I know 2 peters, 1 David and 1 Brian in my children’s primary school.

There’s a Keith and Wayne in my y8 child’s year (so 12 or 13 years old) which makes me lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2