Baby Led Weaning Cookbook - aka Natalie Peall

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's weird yes. Particularly as she isn't a slow child. Brat Yes but she seems fine in her development. Both my kids use normal cutlery. We give them the blunt knives from our cutlery. But as long as you teach table manners not to eat off your knife there shouldn't be a problem.
I don't necessarily think she is a brat, I think Natalie doesn't want her to grow up as she enjoys having a little girl and doing all the things that typical toddlers and then little girls like doing with their mums - baking, shopping, cinema (not play parks as she moans when she has to go and get cold, tho fine to go on walks on her own in her new Adidas gear!). Calling her "Belly" as well, it's a very childish nickname - my little girl who is literally weeks younger than Annabelle has already said to me she wants me to stop using her baby/toddler nickname and that isn't even anything I'd consider too babyish.

I always had the impression she didn't really want a boy/boys and definitely not twins, and as such she doesn't want Annabelle to grow up and start acting her age which comes with a natural turn away from parents and more into friends, play dates and independence. Once that happens, she will have to face reality that boys don't act the same way most of the time as girls do and she will have to accept there will be more rough and tumble play, less girly stuff etc.

Reactions: 3
Screenshot_20220303-161513_Instagram.jpg

Surely as she is someone always banging on about living somewhere rural she should know that you NEVER feed other people's animals 🙈

Reactions: 4
Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks it’s off that her 6/7 year old is still using toddler plates/cutlery?

Also, I’ve noticed her saying about her childhood a lot and how it was bad, I don’t know the ins and outs obviously. But if her parents were so bad, surely she’d limit the amount of time her own kids spent with them?!
Dude, for real, my 2 years old eats with metal cutlery... Its ridiculous.

Is she actually for real and thinks “she does everything”?!
I’m actually flabbergasted by how unbelievably self obsessed this woman is! She didn’t even manage to have her babies herself on their own birthday fgs!
She has more “me” time than any parent I know.
I don’t know about her childhood issues but all I see now is a woman taking total advantage of her parents to raise her children for her.
If she spent less time talking about herself, out by herself walking, by herself watching Netflix and listening to podcasts, recording a podcast that people have already told you they don’t even want to hear and pouting at the camera maybe she would find a better balance.
Poor Steve seems to work hard yet she still expects more and more of him.
Not really sure why she actually had children…..for most of us the mum role is a privilege (after 6 losses I feel very grateful I get to be mum). No you don’t have to never have time to yourself but I’m a mum 24/7 whether I’m with my children or not.
I work full time, I don’t have free childcare on tap and my house is not a tit hole like hers. I haven’t been out (apart from the odd Tesco shop) without my kids in years and you know what I love every second!
Those poor kids having this all said publicly where they might see it when they are older! This will be so damaging for them.
I wonder how the hell the husband puts up with her and her total unrealistic expectations of him and life in general.
Time to grow up Natalie and realise it’s not all about you.
Steve it’s time to grow a pair and get yourself away from her and save those poor children and their precious childhood.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m actually flabbergasted by how unbelievably self obsessed this woman is! She didn’t even manage to have her babies herself on their own birthday fgs!
I don’t know about her childhood issues but all I see now is a woman taking total advantage of her parents to raise her children for her.
If she spent less time talking about herself, out by herself walking, by herself watching Netflix and listening to podcasts, recording a podcast that people have already told you they don’t even want to hear and pouting at the camera maybe she would find a better balance.
Not really sure why she actually had children…..for most of us the mum role is a privilege (after 6 losses I feel very grateful I get to be mum). No you don’t have to never have time to yourself but I’m a mum 24/7 whether I’m with my children or not.
I work full time, I don’t have free childcare on tap and my house is not a tit hole like hers. I haven’t been out (apart from the odd Tesco shop) without my kids in years and you know what I love every second!
Those poor kids having this all said publicly where they might see it when they are older! This will be so damaging for them.
I wonder how the hell the husband puts up with her and her total unrealistic expectations of him and life in general.
Steve it’s time to grow a pair and get yourself away from her and save those poor children and their precious childhood.
AMEN!

I watched her latest stories and in some ways I can empathise with the sentiments as I sometimes feel the same way (especially today having been up since 3:30am with a teething toddler who is even now refusing to go to bed - husband slept through it all this morning, and is now enjoying his dinner) - so I do get it, however I haven’t been out for a leisurely walk today, or sat and chilled out catching up on my programs - I’ve worked 9-3, done both ends of the school run, fed the kids, taken the eldest to swimming and back, washed them both and will hopefully soon sit down for my own dinner (if toddler ever gives in which is sounding unlikely right now!). I mean, I wish I had the time to sit and stare at my phone to document my life (not that anyone would be interested lol), how is her podcast and duplicate blog bringing her money in? Is it even related to BLW which is the reason people follow her? If I want to feel empowered or positive then I’ll find a different influencer who doesn’t call themself ‘baby led weaning cookbook’ and then fill their stories with shite about their personal life!

Also - love how she looked quite glam at the show yesterday and had Belle in what looked like play clothes for the local park. I wouldn’t think she owned a kids fashion boutique 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
She doesn't do it all though. The fact that she was up when her child woke and got in such a rage just shows what an awful wife and mum she presents as when she freely shares that. In her job she chooses to record a podcast and write a blog. This doesn't generate income as no fucker listens to it. So it's a waste of time and shouldn't be considered work. So if she didn't faff around with tit like that then she wouldn't need to be up working at 1 as she could complete her workload in her working hours. And therefore she would be asleep too and I'd it was his turn it would be fair to wake Steve up in a cross way if he didn't pull his weight. But he did and he does. Clearly more than her. Rules me. Also get Annabelle a nice party frock for events like that. Frugi have some lovely bits.

I watched her latest stories and in some ways I can empathise with the sentiments as I sometimes feel the same way (especially today having been up since 3:30am with a teething toddler who is even now refusing to go to bed - husband slept through it all this morning, and is now enjoying his dinner) - so I do get it, however I haven’t been out for a leisurely walk today, or sat and chilled out catching up on my programs - I’ve worked 9-3, done both ends of the school run, fed the kids, taken the eldest to swimming and back, washed them both and will hopefully soon sit down for my own dinner (if toddler ever gives in which is sounding unlikely right now!). I mean, I wish I had the time to sit and stare at my phone to document my life (not that anyone would be interested lol), how is her podcast and duplicate blog bringing her money in? Is it even related to BLW which is the reason people follow her? If I want to feel empowered or positive then I’ll find a different influencer who doesn’t call themself ‘baby led weaning cookbook’ and then fill their stories with shite about their personal life!

Also - love how she looked quite glam at the show yesterday and had Belle in what looked like play clothes for the local park. I wouldn’t think she owned a kids fashion boutique 🤷‍♀️

Yes I relate too, I have a 6 year old who has never slept through the night……not even once. My beef is that she isn’t living the life that she is complaining about! She palms those kids off at every opportunity. She has nothing to complain about as she is not even doing the basics let alone “everything”.

She talks about positivity but I think she is actually the most negative I’ve ever seen her. She is desperate to live a different life. Whether it be a bigger house, nicer car, a successful podcast, to be considered an influencer. Posting bloody affirmations all the time, or listening to inspirational podcasts does not mean you are a positive person.

The whole needing a new car because she “lives so rurally” is actually hilarious, my friend lives right by her and manages perfectly fine with a fiesta! 😂😂

She is selfish and for someone who supposedly had an awful upbringing I cannot believe what she is doing to those children.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She is a selfish person. All she does is whinge and fart around on Insta stories complaining about how bad she has it. This woman needs to get in touch with reality - she has a better life than many. She had a supportive husband, lovely children, and a nice big house and car yet it seems she’s just never happy.

Reactions: 1
The plate she gave belle for dinner tonight…..is it just me or at the age of 7 (or whatever she is) she should be having a normal dinner plate?!? 🤷🏻‍♀️
no wonder she acts like a brat becuase she’s treated like a 2 year old!

Reactions: 2
The plate she gave belle for dinner tonight…..is it just me or at the age of 7 (or whatever she is) she should be having a normal dinner plate?!? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I always wonder why she thinks she is qualified to give weaning advice based on her only offering about 4 different foods to her own children…..korma, muffins, pastry and pancakes!

Reactions: 1
Yep. I put a separated plastic plate on the table the other day as we were having a picnic style tea and I didn’t want the toddler to throw it on the floor, so put the salad bits on it to help yourself. My 6 year old was disgusted at the idea of eating from it 😂 she has her own melamine set, slightly smaller than our plates and in a rainbow design, we found them in the sales in B&M, but she does also eat from our crockery now. Unless Belle has some sort of sensory issues around food touching but if she did I’m sure we would hear all about it, all of the time!

I always wonder why she thinks she is qualified to give weaning advice based on her only offering about 4 different foods to her own children…..korma, muffins, pastry and pancakes!
You forgot to be specific with the pastry - those damn pinwheels lol

She enrages me.
Me and my husband don't have any relatives in this country, we just moved town so we don't have friends nearby. We do it all. I do it all. I'm self employed, and while my house is nowhere spotless, I take my time every day to have a livable space, while making time for business in working hours and time for my children the rest. Never have they been handed over just to have a break. That means paying for a babysitter. She is so far from reality it's unreal. She's milking her mental health issues for views, playing the victim and howling poor me. No one believes you love

She enrages me.
Me and my husband don't have any relatives in this country, we just moved town so we don't have friends nearby. We do it all. I do it all. I'm self employed, and while my house is nowhere spotless, I take my time every day to have a livable space, while making time for business in working hours and time for my children the rest. Never have they been handed over just to have a break. That means paying for a babysitter. She is so far from reality it's unreal. She's milking her mental health issues for views, playing the victim and howling poor me. No one believes you love
I didn’t understand her point with the story this morning about Annabelle wanting to protect her Russian friend, I mean, I get why she’s proud of her but why did she spend the school run in tears about it. I thought she was going to tell us about a problem she was having or something, it was all a bit disjointed 🤷‍♀️

This actually infuriated me. I have a 7 year old and 2 year old twins and I literally do EVERYTHING. Husband works full time plus overtime, I have no childcare, no one to palm my kids off to to have a pee in peace, never mind spend hours recording myself talking nonsense to people who couldn’t care less. ‘poor me’ act is wearing thin pretty damn quick. My oldest does an after school class every week, and the twins come with me to wait for him. They come shopping. They go everywhere with me as there’s no other option. Yes, it’s a nightmare at times and it gets on my nerves but that’s kids 🤷🏻‍♀️

She’s moaning about money often as well, yet the blog/podcast doesn’t bring in any so why bother? Do something productive that earns you money instead. Why send the boys to nursery when you’re literally doing nothing in the house all day? If she’s recipe testing constantly, then why not make a big batch and all have it for tea instead of the kids living off pasta Bolognese or curry?! You’ve got Annabelle walking around dressed in god knows what yet she’s quite prepared to kit herself out in new designer clobber but can’t buy her kids clothes that fit/look decent. How can she expect people to pay ridiculous prices for her kids Clothing brand when she dresses hers the way she does?!
She’s wasting money for fun.

I didn’t understand her point with the story this morning about Annabelle wanting to protect her Russian friend, I mean, I get why she’s proud of her but why did she spend the school run in tears about it. I thought she was going to tell us about a problem she was having or something, it was all a bit disjointed 🤷‍♀️
I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t happen and she’s just trying to a) try and stay relevant by talking about Russia or b) prove that she does actually give a toss about Annabelle

I noticed she deleted after it was mentioned on here. The tears obviously didn't have the effect she wanted.

This actually infuriated me. I have a 7 year old and 2 year old twins and I literally do EVERYTHING. Husband works full time plus overtime, I have no childcare, no one to palm my kids off to to have a pee in peace, never mind spend hours recording myself talking nonsense to people who couldn’t care less. ‘poor me’ act is wearing thin pretty damn quick. My oldest does an after school class every week, and the twins come with me to wait for him. They come shopping. They go everywhere with me as there’s no other option. Yes, it’s a nightmare at times and it gets on my nerves but that’s kids 🤷🏻‍♀️

She’s moaning about money often as well, yet the blog/podcast doesn’t bring in any so why bother? Do something productive that earns you money instead. Why send the boys to nursery when you’re literally doing nothing in the house all day? If she’s recipe testing constantly, then why not make a big batch and all have it for tea instead of the kids living off pasta Bolognese or curry?! You’ve got Annabelle walking around dressed in god knows what yet she’s quite prepared to kit herself out in new designer clobber but can’t buy her kids clothes that fit/look decent. How can she expect people to pay ridiculous prices for her kids Clothing brand when she dresses hers the way she does?!
She’s wasting money for fun.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t happen and she’s just trying to a) try and stay relevant by talking about Russia or b) prove that she does actually give a toss about Annabelle

I don’t know if she actually realises what a selfish idiot she sounds when one moment her heart is breaking for Ukraine and the next she is complaining about her life……….

The stepping reels have got to stop. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone advertise clothes while doing the Hokey Cokey! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.