Autism moms and advocates

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the trek is 11 days and because her flights changed she has 2 or 3 extra days so is doing safari. She does some walking but I think the trek is going to be really hard don’t know how she’d even train for that along with 6 kids etc!
I don’t care what people say but of course anyone who does these type of things wants the praise and attention to go with it!!
I can’t understand one of the kids , apparently diagnosed with autism, did two weeks in Florida and New York, flashing lights , hotels, transport, disneyland rides and hoardes of people everywhere but never needed the ear defenders etc., but walking a quiet country road in cork they’re put on 😉😉 Same with assistance dog, never seen for the purpose they’re intended.

Reactions: 5
I find her extremely self obsessed. Previous posters have hit the nail on the head. She seeks out praise constantly. Also, she is constantly banging on about ‘the orphanages’ and what she’s bringing to the orphans and everything she has collected up for them etc.... serious white saviour complex going on there.

Reactions: 6
Totally agree, I found her a very self obessessed person, pretending she is all about the fundraising but also constantly looking for the pat on the back. The amount of time she spends online is mind boggling. You would never ever see her taking the baby out for a walk, or to the the park, while the older ones are at school. I find that kinda sad. She also seems to live her life through Disney movies !! What is that all about. Everything is compared to a Disney movie ! The constant tagging of the same circle of people every day, got so tiring. I wonder are the charities happy with her going against government recommendations & restrictions? just a thought .
Good point, do the charities know she is breaking the restrictions like this? It's not essential travel, nor is it for work?

Reactions: 2
I don't understand these trekking or skydive for charities? I'm not being smart, genuinely can't understand them, I have seen people from my parish do it. You fundraise to pay for yourself to go on flights and accommodation, surely it's better if all the money goes to the charity. Would it not be better to hold a local fundraiser or trek up slievenamon where costs are kept to a minimum? People who would donate to kilimanjaro trek will donate to whatever the person does. Care packages for direct provision or homeless or womens women's refuge would be just as welcomed. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Reactions: 7
I can’t understand one of the kids , apparently diagnosed with autism, did two weeks in Florida and New York, flashing lights , hotels, transport, disneyland rides and hoardes of people everywhere but never needed the ear defenders etc., but walking a quiet country road in cork they’re put on 😉😉 Same with assistance dog, never seen for the purpose they’re intended.
Never thought of that, fair point

Reactions: 1

To be honest that’s just an assumption you have that noise sensitivity is based on volume. On the days she wears them it could’ve been a day where her senses are heightened.

Lifeupsidedown on talking about wanting to keep what happens with Kirsty private... bit late now since she’s already told thousands of people she plans on stopping her periods. What possibly could be more private than that, pretending like she cares about their autonomy all of a sudden.

Some of these parents know full well their children would never consent to their most private moments being shared online but they don’t care, they want the whole world to know how hard their life is and want recognition for it, that’s not advocacy that’s narcissism. “Look how hard my life is now tell me how amazing I am” 🙄

Lifeupsidedown on talking about wanting to keep what happens with Kirsty private... bit late now since she’s already told thousands of people she plans on stopping her periods. What possibly could be more private than that, pretending like she cares about their autonomy all of a sudden.

Some of these parents know full well their children would never consent to their most private moments being shared online but they don’t care, they want the whole world to know how hard their life is and want recognition for it, that’s not advocacy that’s narcissism. “Look how hard my life is now tell me how amazing I am” 🙄
I bet she will share it all eventually, she’s just trying too hard since she was talked about here. The mask will slip. I’d say she doesn’t want any negative comments or attention when she puts her on a pill or whatever she chooses to stop her periods. I actually don’t envy her having to deal with what’s to come.

I'm sure the information would be helpful to people. There's loads of people in the same boat. They could raise awareness without using their own children as a case study. My daughter would be horrified and mortified if I discussed her periods with anyone.

I bet she will share it all eventually, she’s just trying too hard since she was talked about here. The mask will slip. I’d say she doesn’t want any negative comments or attention when she puts her on a pill or whatever she chooses to stop her periods. I actually don’t envy her having to deal with what’s to come.
I am dreading it myself I have no idea what I’m going to do when the time comes for my daughter I don’t envy Elaine right now having that worry.

I hope she has taken on board what people have said and that’s why she’s switched up her content a bit and showing her kids in a more positive way.

I am dreading it myself I have no idea what I’m going to do when the time comes for my daughter I don’t envy Elaine right now having that worry.

I hope she has taken on board what people have said and that’s why she’s switched up her content a bit and showing her kids in a more positive way.
I don't know how they will cope with this, I know someone who's child had to be put on blockers due to early puberty. It's a horrible thing for any person to go through never mind a child. She needed injections every 3 weeks and that only really stopped periods coming on, her hormones were all over the place and she was constantly in a "pms" mood even though she was so young it was like putting her into an early menopause, she constantly had to have check ups and reviews to make sure the levels were ok so that it wouldn't effect her later in life. They were counting down the days until she turned 9 and could come off the treatment. I really hope they find ways to help Kirsty that won't be too hard on her. Honestly I have a lot of sympathy for Elaine right now, it's a seriously difficult decision.

I don't know how they will cope with this, I know someone who's child had to be put on blockers due to early puberty. It's a horrible thing for any person to go through never mind a child. She needed injections every 3 weeks and that only really stopped periods coming on, her hormones were all over the place and she was constantly in a "pms" mood even though she was so young it was like putting her into an early menopause, she constantly had to have check ups and reviews to make sure the levels were ok so that it wouldn't effect her later in life. They were counting down the days until she turned 9 and could come off the treatment. I really hope they find ways to help Kirsty that won't be too hard on her. Honestly I have a lot of sympathy for Elaine right now, it's a seriously difficult decision.
It must be awful for a parent to have to do that, my heart goes out to Elaine, I think she’s amazing for the tit that gets thrown her way.. no hate on me for that please it’s just my opinion 😓

Reactions: 7
It must be awful for a parent to have to do that, my heart goes out to Elaine, I think she’s amazing for the tit that gets thrown her way.. no hate on me for that please it’s just my opinion 😓

Why would you get hate, nobody here has said they dislike Elaine or that they don’t empathise with her including myself. I just don’t like how she talks so negatively about them while they’re right beside her or constantly plays a victim.

Elaine hasn’t gotten any hate here at all from what I can see, she’s been criticised. I’ve seen so much worse on this forum

I don't think there was any hate directed towards them, people just gave their opinions and they couldnt handle it so turned it back towards us maliciously and made themselves look like silly mean girls in the process.
I feel so sorry for them, they're obviously egging each other on, thinking they really are in this 'mafia'😉, when what I meant by it is that they seem to get the school places and dogs while other ASD mothers struggle really hard.
Heaven forbid we have an opinon about a competition or a trip abroad, they're obviously the only ones that can have an opinion on others🤔🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: 3
I don't think there was any hate directed towards them, people just gave their opinions and they couldnt handle it so turned it back towards us maliciously and made themselves look like silly mean girls in the process.
I feel so sorry for them, they're obviously egging each other on, thinking they really are in this 'mafia'😉, when what I meant by it is that they seem to get the school places and dogs while other ASD mothers struggle really hard.
Heaven forbid we have an opinon about a competition or a trip abroad, they're obviously the only ones that can have an opinion on others🤔🤔🤔🤔
yes, they think they are untouchable. Unfortunately there are loads of Irish Instagram accounts trying to make a name for themselves through exploring their children's disability. I think it's pretty obvious who the genuine people are telling their story and who is after getting very fond of the "fame" and adoration

yes, they think they are untouchable. Unfortunately there are loads of Irish Instagram accounts trying to make a name for themselves through exploring their children's disability. I think it's pretty obvious who the genuine people are telling their story and who is after getting very fond of the "fame" and adoration
I do feel like Elaine took on board what was said here and has made an effort to show her gorgeous children in a more positive light. I don't know about Lenore, I haven't watched her stories since she tripped herself up and admitted that she personally picked the winner of a competition, have no more interest in her but I do hope she doesn't let her children see the nasty and bullying 'mafia' side of her that she exhibited throughout this whole debacle where people are not allowed to have a different point of view than her, I hope that other family members are teaching them to see other peoples opinions and to behave rationally even if you don't agree with what was being said.
Fair enough if you feel like you've been wronged then go ahead and take a leaf out of Elaines book who behaved with dignity and spoke about it, instead of behaving like a nasty guttermouth, calling people liars and worse when you don't have all of the facts😁

Why would you get hate, nobody here has said they dislike Elaine or that they don’t empathise with her including myself. I just don’t like how she talks so negatively about them while they’re right beside her or constantly plays a victim.

Elaine hasn’t gotten any hate here at all from what I can see, she’s been criticised. I’ve seen so much worse on this forum
Some people have said they don’t like Elaine which is fair enough, often when you say you do like someone or disagree with a comment about them your told “don’t you know your on tattle” or “maybe you shouldn’t be on this thread” not this thread in particular, just threads in general! I didn’t direct that hate comment at anyone in particular so don’t get your knickers in a twist it’s nothing personal to anyone and of course on my own comment I’m allowed to ask for no hate without being questioned!

Some people have said they don’t like Elaine which is fair enough, often when you say you do like someone or disagree with a comment about them your told “don’t you know your on tattle” or “maybe you shouldn’t be on this thread” not this thread in particular, just threads in general! I didn’t direct that hate comment at anyone in particular so don’t get your knickers in a twist it’s nothing personal to anyone and of course on my own comment I’m allowed to ask for no hate without being questioned!
Of course you are entitled to your opinion,, everyone is and that is the joy of tattle, we have somewhere to have a discussion about content on Instagram, but what I would say, if you're sensitive about getting hate for defending someone on tattle, maybe stick to the rave section because it isn't worth upsetting yourself ❤
I've had to remove myself from threads as well because at the end of the day, unless you personally know the blogger there's no point getting personally invested in what strangers are saying about them

Of course you are entitled to your opinion,, everyone is and that is the joy of tattle, we have somewhere to have a discussion about content on Instagram, but what I would say, if you're sensitive about getting hate for defending someone on tattle, maybe stick to the rave section because it isn't worth upsetting yourself ❤
I've had to remove myself from threads as well because at the end of the day, unless you personally know the blogger there's no point getting personally invested in what strangers are saying about them
thank you for your kindness as I don’t think you’re being sarcastic (maybe you are lol) but I have been through enough tit in my life not to get upset about what people say about influencers and I’m not one bit sensitive I was just throwing it out there because I said I like Elaine I didn’t want to be told “get off tattle” or “move to the rave thread” lol because as soon as someone says they like an influencer there is always one that writes a comment like so!

thank you for your kindness as I don’t think you’re being sarcastic (maybe you are lol) but I have been through enough tit in my life not to get upset about what people say about influencers and I’m not one bit sensitive I was just throwing it out there because I said I like Elaine I didn’t want to be told “get off tattle” or “move to the rave thread” lol because as soon as someone says they like an influencer there is always one that writes a comment like so!
I definitely wasn't being sarcastic I promise, I've defended Elaine on here myself and gone against the grain on other threads so I know what it's like

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.