Autism moms and advocates

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is right to walk away from the page. Elaine comes across as extremely fragile and the older the kids get and the more needs they have she will not be able to cope. Her heartbreak is palpable. She yearns for a "normal " children and the regular milestones. She would be doing her children and family no favours going through all those emotions on Instagram.
I dont think she is very fragile, she was very quick to get herself involved in claire balding and sarah burkes dramas and herself and her mafia were well able to make a big deal out of nothing.
I do however feel she is better off to step away from the page if people's opinions and genuine concern for what she chooses to show upsets her that much, Instagram is a choice and she needs to make the choice she feels is right for herself and her family.

Reactions: 2
I'm sorry to see her go. I think her children are beautiful kids and I enjoyed watching them. She's been dealt a very tough hand in life, that doesn't mean she doesn't love her kids. I think a lot of the criticism on this thread is unfair.

Reactions: 9
I'm sorry to see her go. I think her children are beautiful kids and I enjoyed watching them. She's been dealt a very tough hand in life, that doesn't mean she doesn't love her kids. I think a lot of the criticism on this thread is unfair.
Most of the early posts were actually people saying how lovely she is, the only real critisism at the start was her breaking covid restrictions, which was very wrong of her

Reactions: 4
Nobody has said she doesn’t love her children or that she doesn’t have it hard. My personal criticism is her openness is discussing her hatred for the life she has in front of her children, showing her children at their most vulnerable moments. Speaking about her children very negatively while their sitting right beside her.

I have an autistic daughter with high needs and I would never dream of talking about her to someone else while she’s beside me especially to thousands of strangers. Elaine has been criticised for a few things here. If she had neurotypical children and spoke about them so negatively there would be uproar over it, her children deserve the same respect regardless of “how hard” she has it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Nobody has said she doesn’t love her children or that she doesn’t have it hard. My personal criticism is her openness is discussing her hatred for the life she has in front of her children, showing her children at their most vulnerable moments. Speaking about her children very negatively while their sitting right beside her.

I have an autistic daughter with high needs and I would never dream of talking about her to someone else while she’s beside me especially to thousands of strangers. Elaine has been criticised for a few things here. If she had neurotypical children and spoke about them so negatively there would be uproar over it, her children deserve the same respect regardless of “how hard” she has it.
That's fair enough, I wasn't referring to those comments, in reality her children probably don't understand what she's saying but I do get your point. It was more the comments about her watching TV all day or words to that effect, as a parent of an autistic child yourself I'm sure you find yourself physically and mentally exhausted at times. She has two. I certainly wouldn't begrudge her a few hours on the sofa.
I'm simply saying I liked watching her and it's quite obvious her children are loved and cared for. And I really feel for her atm and the prospect of puberty with Kirsty and I'm glad she highlighted it as I didn't really think of it as an issue before so I do think she raised awareness about things that parents in her position face that people might not necessarily think of. Anyway I just hope she's OK and I'll miss seeing the kids. That's all.

Reactions: 9
That's fair enough, I wasn't referring to those comments, in reality her children probably don't understand what she's saying but I do get your point. It was more the comments about her watching TV all day or words to that effect, as a parent of an autistic child yourself I'm sure you find yourself physically and mentally exhausted at times. She has two. I certainly wouldn't begrudge her a few hours on the sofa.
I'm simply saying I liked watching her and it's quite obvious her children are loved and cared for. And I really feel for her atm and the prospect of puberty with Kirsty and I'm glad she highlighted it as I didn't really think of it as an issue before so I do think she raised awareness about things that parents in her position face that people might not necessarily think of. Anyway I just hope she's OK and I'll miss seeing the kids. That's all.
Completely agree with all you’ve said. I really liked Elaine and wish her and her family all the very best.

Reactions: 6
I like Elaine too but It doesn’t mean I can’t say what I think just because of her situation. She’s gone on some foul mouthed rants in her time and the fact that she backs up well known bully’s and the like goes to show her true colours! She was as bad as any other person with all the restrictions she broke mixing with several households and with her Dad so ill I just can’t believe her 😡😡

Reactions: 3
Can anyone explain how Lisa Curran is engaged when she was already engaged???? So engaged that 2 years ago she was asking followers to like a photo in a wedding competition because in her own words they had been engaged for YEARS but couldn't afford a wedding right now??? 🤔

Reactions: 1
Can anyone explain how Lisa Curran is engaged when she was already engaged???? So engaged that 2 years ago she was asking followers to like a photo in a wedding competition because in her own words they had been engaged for YEARS but couldn't afford a wedding right now??? 🤔
What's her handle. I know a Lisa Curran but maybe it's not the right one

How in the name of Christ does anyone get through OITSW6 Lenore’s stories everyday 😂. Even Christmas Day they were so long, how does she mange 6 kids and have time to put up that much content.

Reactions: 2
How in the name of Christ does anyone get through OITSW6 Lenore’s stories everyday 😂. Even Christmas Day they were so long, how does she mange 6 kids and have time to put up that much content.
Would love to know how they afforded the two iPhone 11s too tbh

My friend sent me a few screenshots of Lenores story where she says she doesn't show the kids meltdowns because she'd hate for it to be done to her, such a dig at Elaine 😂😂😂

Reactions: 1
I thought that too 😅
I had to get a bit of context on this because I didn't realise that Lenore herself has been diagnosed as being autistic, this must be recent enough because I don't remember it being discussed back before I unfollowed her.
So I think it's even more of a dig at Elaine, she's speaking as an autistic person, saying that she would hate it to be done to her and she can speak from an autism point of view.
Didn't take long for the Cork Mafia to start showing their bitchy side to each other, not just us😄😄😄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.